Why He-man make a crossover dcverse ?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by sevenlima, Nov 26, 2018.

1. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Why He-man make so much crossover with the dc characters and don't happen the same thing between Transformers with Marvel ?

2. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:

What?

3. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

I mean, If He-man could make crossovers with dcverse, why not the Transformers with Marvel ?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Because DC owns the license to produce He-Man comics. Marvel, on the other hand, does not have a Transformers license; that belongs to IDW.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much. DC has the paid rights to he-man and she-ra so they can do crossovers. Marvel only has deaths head and circuit breaker (neo-knights rights are shady) and can't use transformers or gijoe as idw has the rights. IDW can team up with marvel however if they want but marvel can't use transformers unless it's a easter egg like Godzilla and dr who still having cameos in backgrounds in avengers and iron man even though marvel does not have the rights anymore.

6. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    See, speaking in proper English goes a better way.

As to your questions:
    - TF and Marvel already did a crossover. It was just an okay one.
    - Seeing TF and DC crossover would be nice, I guess. After all DC is allowing crossovers with Hanna-Barbara cartoons and MOTU. And one epic TF-DC artwork was done.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I think we've already been shown multiple times that adding super-heroes makes Transformers worse, not better.

Why would Marvel (or anyone else) even want to use the Neo-Knights? Furman's worst creation by far, that almost managed to undermine the climax of the entire US Marvel TF series in a naked grab by Furman to set himself up for a new job now that TF was ending. Good riddance. Boring "characters" with no real personalities or backstories. It would be just as easy (if not easier) for Marvel to just create new characters from the ground up than to try to add all the things necessary to turn the Neo-Knights into actual characters that were even slightly interesting.

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

The first Transformer comic I ever read, was a double magazine with Black Spider-Man in it. It was quite the awesome issue. Although, not nearly as good as the one after that. With Shockwave showing up at the end.

Read this comic long before I ever watched the cartoon. Was so disappointed with Cartoon Shockwave... :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Besides licensing, it might also be for tradition since He-Man got a couple of DC comics appearances in the very early days of the toyline, famously a issue of "DC Comics Presents" where he and Superman fought.

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    It's not the tradition, it's that DC has been making the rounds of teaming their characters with 1980s properties, mostly drawn by Freddie Williams II (who is the PERFECT artist to draw these). Starting with TMNT (twice), then Thundercats (which Marvel did a comic of in the '80s), and now He-Man. I wouldn't be surprised if they next move onto another famous non-TF/Joe 1980s cartoon team up. Silverhawks probably wouldn't be big enough for anyone to care about, but something...

11. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    He-Man/GI Joe would be nice. And for pure fanwank, He-Man/Transformers!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I never even heard about this... Now I need to check it out~

13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Keep in mind, that's a completely different take on the MotU mythology, since it predated the Filmation cartoon by about a year and a half.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If you have trouble finding a physical reprint, Comixology has the digital issue for 1.99.