Why haven't we gotten a new autobot thats not dead to join the main cast.

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Redsonjustin, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    The writers said that they had no current plans to put Ironhide in the show. If he ever does show up, I'd say the earlist would be sometime in season three

2. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Technically, Shockwave's a Decepticon.

:3

3. Stardust262

News Credits:
    Personally I'm still hoping for Hot Shot, or at least someone from the UT. I'd rather not see the guys from G1 that everyone always says (Ironhide, Prowl, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, etc)

4. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

You have a chance this time at least. There is a Hot Shot figure but he is a Bumblebee repaint and the creators said they don't want to reuse figures. If you look at my post on page five you will either think (depending on how I sound to sane people) that I either found a perfect solution or that I've lost it.

5. Stardust262

News Credits:
    If I recall the writers said that if Thundercracker and Skywarp showed up they wouldn't have them look like Starscream. Everyone has taken this to mean that they don't want repaints, but maybe they just want Starscream's model to be unique to him? If so, then Hot Shot, Dead End, and Kup have chances to be in the show.

Then again, maybe I'm just seeing something in nothing

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Then again Michael Bay says stuff too......

7. Deltus

Deltus 異種

All Michael Bay says IMO is BOOOOOOOOOOOM

8. Kin

Kin Active Member

If you try to introduce a new Autobot, you'll have to hire more people to animate that character, write them in and have a whole episode(s) of interacting with the kids and other team members. Im sure they have a plot figured out for the second season, so having all these filler episodes to introduce a new Autobot is probably a no go at this point. They already have the conflict with Airachnid and MECH going on, not to mention Megatron and what ever he has up his metallic sleeve, so to bring in a new conflict/story arc would be a bit overkill.

9. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Maybe they just mean the face, who knows...

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because of Money mostly.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I could see not reusing Starscream's mold since it reflects his personality. To shoehorn in Thundercracker or Skywarp's personality on that design would be a bit like using the Vulture's character design for Rhino or the Kingpin.

But every character on the show doesn't feel as unique as Starscream. An almost endless number of Vehicons that share the same body style yet somehow there isn't another big lug like Bulkhead out there or that Arcee is the only female robot that could transform into a motorcycle in the entire universe.

Just sort of weird rules if Vehicons, Insecticons, and two bots that shared a spark look alike but no one else has anyone that looks kind of like them.

12. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

Tell that to Cliffjumper.

Decepticons are VERY threatening, more so than any past incarnation I've seen. In this show, bots die. This ain't like the A-Team, where they get shot at and not even scratched.

And I still count Starscream and Airachnid as Decepticons, even if they are presently out of favor. Both stood on the command deck with Megatron at one time or another. They only reason they're "rogues" is because of the story; they still count as Decepticons, and could easily find themselves back in Megatron's good graces in one way or another.

The Vehicons and their seemingly endless numbers give the Autobots something to destroy. It's this or Megatron yelling "retreat!" every episode.

13. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

Like I said earlier (I quoted you then too) you can do wonders displaying the race by changing the helmet, color, and details of the basic bodytypes. Humans have dopplegangers, why can't Transformers? Now, I don't want these body doubles as the main cast, but I don't think I would mind the new guy looking familiar if he has his own personality. If you go to fan art and look at the "A few of my ideas" thread, you'll see how many characters have well, character in "borrowed" bodytypes. And that's just color.

14. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its time for the autobots to get a new member or two same with the Decpticons.

15. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    There's no way we can fit one or two new characters on the show and still pay justice to the original cast. Let's save it for later.

16. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I think a new bot for each side is warranted however we shouldn't go overboard. The more characters there are the less development others get.

Starscream and Airachnid are not decepticons anymore. ESPECIALLY Starscream:

"We learned where the soft spots are....Decepticon."
    "Oh please. I no longer affiliate myself with entity anymore."

And Airachnid was never even serious about staying loyal to the decepticons at all.

They left the decepticons. Leaving the decepticons means leaving the decepticons. Like how if I leave a political party then I leave the party. I'm not still part of them even after denouncing my affiliation multiple times.

Besides we're guaranteed two more. Theres still David Kaye and James Remar who are yet to have their voices pop up.

17. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A new Autobot is coming. Confirmed by Josh Keaton in a Facebook picture a while ago. He said something like, "Here is Peter, Frank, and Steve, and off screen of the picture are Darran Norris and someone who will be voicing a new Autobot.

This was a WHILE ago, so we may be seeing him somewhat soonish. I'm guessing later in season 2. The picture was taken before season 3 was confirmed, so I doubt it is a season 3 character.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...2166658327.112937.101651598327&type=3&theater

Here is the picture. Look in the comments. This pic was uploaded back in September, more than six months ago.

18. Stardust262

News Credits:
    I'm gonna guess that the voice actor is David Kaye, since he's the only one that's completely confirmed to be in Prime at some point. We've also know about him appearing for a while now

19. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Dunno, Kaye was already announced by that point IIRC.

20. Stardust262

News Credits:
    Was he? Hmm...maybe it isn't him then