Why haven't we gotten a new autobot thats not dead to join the main cast.

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Redsonjustin, Apr 10, 2012.

1. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

Being a Decepticon is as much a philosophy as it is an organization. You can be a Decepticon without being under Megatron's control, just like a lot of people IRL consider themselves to be something without belonging to an institution or organization focused on that something.

In the comics, Thundercracker is still a Decepticon and gets really mad when someone claims otherwise, even though he left the Decepticons as a faction. Same thing here.

2. Redsonjustin

Redsonjustin Banned

What the heck does that have to do with anything?

3. Redsonjustin

Redsonjustin Banned

I do, we've got enough deceptions for now.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I kind of feel like we really could use some more characters on both the good guy and bad guy sides of the series.

The Autobots kind of need another personality to liven up the Autobot cast a bit. We kind of lack the smart alack like Rattrap or the rookie looking before he leaps like Cheetor. Even Bulkhead is coming off as more of a shadow of Transformers Animated Bulkhead some times. Just too much doom, gloom, or anger sometimes.

Airachnid looks to have followers with no real personality now.

Starscream is feeling like less of a threat out by himself with no T-Cog.

Megatron seems down to fewer lieutenants and loads of generic troopers who can't beat the Autobots.

Even MECH is feeling like one guy with a lot of generic minions.

Some episodes it kind of feels like if you had a Spiderman cartoon where Spiderman almost never fought the named villains but just fought bank robbers in the same black ski masks.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Well, we got all of season 1's seven Autobots (Tailgate doesn't count for obvious reasons) within the first eight episodes of the season, so it's entirely possible that the situations going to reverse and we'll meet seven new guys during the second half of the season.

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Guess they want to get their money's worth on the CGI'd bots they have in the series for now...and add others when they get extra $$$ in the budget. I'm thinking we'll see more on that front as Season 2 closes for the beginning of Season 3. :thumb 

I'd like to see an Autobot--maybe from Cybertron, but doesn't have to be, one from another planet looking for Prime perhaps-- that would like to stay with them...give another bot some screen time and tell their story.

7. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

i think we need lesser known characters to join the prime crew. huffer, wheelie, slipstream, blaster, etc...

8. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

Uh ... it has to do with people claiming Starscream and Airachnid no longer count as Decepticons, which is foolish?

9. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

This show could really benefit from a group of Decepticon twins to replace the generic Decepticon troopers. Say, three car twins and two jet twins. Twins because they never make new character model anymore so our hope for new characters have to be really limited. We really need something to get rid of those generic Decepticon troopers

I am really fucking tired of their stupid pew pew battle with the generics where the Autobots just stand there shooting and all the generics run up and die in a couple of seconds. Whenever they appear on screen, the sense of threat goes down 100%. If the Vehicons never appeared again, along with the guns that take down TFs in one hit, I wouldn't have any large complaints about this show left.

10. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

But they had Skyquake and have Dreadwing. Another pair of twins would feel redundant.

But I'm all for Animated Jetfire and Jetstorm as Cons who turn sides.

11. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I want to see Starscream enlist the help of some Seekers, then maybe rejoin.

It'd be great to see Shockwave too. But I think we could use at least one more Autobot as well, just to change things up... Maybe Jazz or Prowl?

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thread title made me think that there is a new zombie autobot in the cast and I was very confused.

Anyway, I am really hopping that the Rumble toy ends up in the show, because I love the idea of giving one of the casettes a standalone-not-chest-jumper character. Specially Rumble who had so much more personality in the past than most normalDecepticons. He rocks.

13. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i would like to see either Kup or Ironhide coming to Earth while battling Deadend. and then they both join up. that way each side gets another soldier. i'd prefer ironhide though, because Kup might be considered a wrecker in this series and we've already gone through the whole "Oh hey another wrecker! come here buddy let's throw a big wad of metal around" deal. or we could just get jazz.

14. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

If Skyquake was still alive, I would agree. But he's dead. One Decepticon isn't going to replace limitless generics. Two is absurd enough.

15. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

But do they need to be twins? Knock Out and Breakdown did quite a bit together much like Lugnut and Blitzwing in Animated (though not quite as awesome or successful, but it's under different circumstances).

It'd feel weird to kill someone just to bring in someone else to perform the same role when it's more interesting to juggle all the characters at once.

16. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I disagree. I think it's closer to what you said about being born an American or whatever someone may be. In the Beast Wars cartoon Dinobot and Blackarachnia both still were considered to be Predacons even though they sided with the Maximals. It was only after Blackarachnia's programing was changed that she was considered to be a true Maximal.

Agreed

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Perhaps they could just drop the idea that two robots had to be twins just to share the same body type. In G1 Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp all shared the same body type without being triplets. Even as recently as Transformers Animated there was the idea that robots could share a body type without being related.

It just seems like there are enough examples in past series for Transformers Prime to go with the "repaint" is a new character. Or heck it's a Hasbro property so why not use the idea of reuse and repaint the body but use a different head.

18. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

I know they said they don't want repaints in their show, but I don't see why they shouldn't. The franchise has gone on long enough for people to know that haring the same body type doesn't limit the range between characters. If you have a sneaky but dense Skywarp, the honorable and troubled (Ok, I admit that sounds like Dreadwing) Thundercracker and the completely self centered Starscream who only cares about his survival; will anyone really mix them up just because they look similiar?

That said, combining the mold idea with the make new helmets (and I would add new weopons as well) idea of Ashes from Carolina and I think you create something that would at least pass as a whole race.

19. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well if we look at new figures released then the next new face we'll see is IronHide. Given he received more love than Breakdown in figure form (to date) I'd be quite surprised if he is just filler.

20. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    SHOCKWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE.

I read that and then I remembered some old fan-made concept art I saw and now... well...

SHOCKWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE.