why hasn't hasbro redubbed headmasters and masterforce......

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by theshift666, Jun 5, 2010.

1. theshift666

theshift666 New Member

so if there is all this transformers fever why wont they just redub the show in english with most of the original actors?

2. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I've always wondered that, actually. Victory also, obviously. It's like lost G1 that only the hardcore fans have sought out to watch. Airing a dub of these with notable G1 actors and others would probably be a huge success.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    because that'd cost a lot of money for a series that currently couldnt serve it's intended purpose (as a commercial).

4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    That and most children in the US(the target market here), have no idea what Masterforce and Victory are. Only fans like us know, and dubbing might be a waste of money when they know most of us would still buy the sets even if they were just subbed.

5. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These guys naided it. Also it takes the series in a very different direction. It's kind of like how Beast Wars Neo wasn't dubbed over. Beast Wars was over, and the random change in style wouldn't sit well with younger views in the US.

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Shame, but everything said above is true.
    Can't stand shitty dubs myself, so will probably never have the patience to sit through them all.
    Shame. I may even be 'cutting off my nose to spite my face' but the voice acting in a series is perhaps the most important thing to me and I doubt I will ever be able to get past that.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    after sitting through the dubs of all three...they would be more enjoyable with the right voice actors, but i don't think anyone is going to convince hasbro to do it, unless there was a classics type toyline of all the characters

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

All of the thing mentioned already plus Hasbro has so much on it's plate right now between new toy lines, a new network, and a new movie next year I don't think they have the resources to put toward something that isn't huge right now.

9. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, I kind of figured that the fact that
    they killed off Optimus Prime (again) in Headmasters
    would have at least a little bit to do with it.

10. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why not let adv or one the anime studios dub them? Masterforce could air on disney xd along with naruto and digimon and would fit right in. Plus they could sell new toys from the show.

What's funny is we can't get the japan cartoons on dvd in america, yet the japan gobots cartoon has had three dvd releases!

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    adv doesnt exist anymore.

and again. there's no reason to dub them. they're not going to do an entire toyline just so they can air an english dub of a really old show.

12. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Hasbro won't dump money into a cartoon that has no toys out.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    More the point, a 20 year old cartoon that in some places really shows its age.

I mean, I love them to bits, but the animation looks a bit dated now.

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    There is not nearly enough return on investment for Hasbro to dub them now. it would be purely hard core fans who would buy them and there aren't enough for Hasbro to turn a profit.

15. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

What's with the "Spoiler" tag?

These are over 20 years old.....:confused: 

16. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wouldn't it be cool if Hasbro showed the Subtitled Versions late night on the Hub? That's the way I'd like to see Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory on television.

17. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Well, why wouldn't it be such a bad idea for Hasbro to dub these shows AND release all new toys of the characters? If the main concern is an accompanying toyline, make all new toys. Collectors buy em, kids buy em.

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    We have Hunt for the Decepticons, Powercore Combiners, Generations, and Prime on the way.

Why SHOULD they go create yet another line (or limit generations only to the characters in these three shows) just so they have an excuse to spend money dubbing these dated, limited audience shows, that honestly aren't that great when compared to modern TF shows?

It doesnt make any sense. I don't think you understand just how much money dubbing these ancient shows and creating toys for them would cost.

19. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I know exactly what it costs for them to dub a show. I'm an actor, I know how much it would cost them to pay a cast of 25 or so main actors to redub an old show, and Hasbro has more than enough. I still say, in the long run, Hasbro would make money by dubbing and releasing these classic shows with new toys.

And what do you mean "compared to modern" TF shows? They're held in higher regard than Armada/Energon/Cybertron.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Like I've said before, "Nostalgia's a cruel, deceptive bitch." so's the "we never got it so it must be awesome" factor.

The money that would be wasted on headmasters, masterforce, and victory AND an accompanying FIFTH toyline would be 100% better spent moving the brand forward.