2D Artwork: Why hasn't anyone done this yet?

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Gozer-Bot, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

Was listening to NPR and suddenly had a wonderful idea: Click and Clack as a pair of wacky cybertronian mechanics, as a tribute to their wonderful show. I don't know who amongst Transformers: Animated's staff was asleep at the wheel, but I thought for sure that they were going to voice Mixmaster and Scrapper.

Well, that's not fair; they gave us Waspinator.

"Crank and Bump weren't always the inseparable knuckleheads they are now. Once, eons ago, the Great War tore a rift between them, with Crankcase joining the evil Decepticons like their father before them and Bumper defecting and joining the virtuous Autobots. Both were extremely lousy fighters. However, not long after their division, on one hazy, war-torn evening, they found themselves pitted against one another in mortal combat. It seemed that the only real threat was from their treacherous surroundings, as indicated when the two tumbled over a cliff. After almost putting Bumper into stasis lock, Crankcase realized once and for all that war is indeed hell, and after his brother was blessed with a second chance, the two vowed to never let things like politics get between them again. They now reside on a distant asteroid and run a specifically neutral repair service where they spend their days as extremely lousy mechanics, repairing Autobot and Decepticon alike and overcharging them both."

I apologize for the blatant retcon of the original Crankcase and Bumper just to use their names for two shameless references, but I couldn't have just called them Click and Clack. I wanted to insert them into the little TF personal universe I've created with Roulette, Duststorm, Buzzsaw and Crumplezone, and since they all share names with previously existing transformers, I thought two more couldn't hurt.

See, it just seems logical to me that at some point, Tom and Ray are going to be asked to make cameo appearances on a TF series. If a certain hack movie director had the presence of mind to do that with Skidz and Mudflap it would have saved the movie. I'm serious, I would not be bad-mouthing the sequel as much as I do.

Expect more of them.

Attached Files:

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Bravo, good sir. Bravo.

3. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    That is brilliant.

4. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I’m not familiar with the reference, but I like the character designs.

5. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

Tom and Ray Magliozzi, better known as Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers. They have a radio show on NPR called Car Talk.

6. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

7. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

That's them!

8. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

Updated with a colored version.

9. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've always wanted someone to call the brothers and ask why their vehicle keeps disappearing every so often.

10. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

Crank's hatch keeps popping open in robot mode.

[​IMG]

11. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

See, it just seems logical to me that at some point, Tom and Ray are going to be asked to make cameo appearances on a TF series. If a certain hack movie director had the presence of mind to do that with Skidz and Mudflap it would have saved the movie. I'm serious, I would not be bad-mouthing the sequel as much as I do.

wat.

npr...:rolleyes: 

12. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

Makes no sense. Please elaborate.