Why hasn't any thought of Hot Rod for the sequel

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by zmaali, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zmaali

zmaali New Member

I think Hot Rod would be the type of ICON that regular movie watchers can relate to. Optimus Prime is Awesome, and Bumble Bee is OK in a cuddly way. But I think itroducing the Sunticons and Dinobots are a good first step for a sequel, but HotRod would be the one that tips the balance in our favor by single handedly defeating all the stunicons himself. Can you imagine what that highway scene would look like? You know how much Micheal Bay loves those highway sequences. That can set up the 3rd movie where Prime Dies, and HotRod becomus Rodimus Prime!

Then the only question becomes, what type of car will HotRod be? I think A Carrera GT would be awesome, but thats what Jazz should've been.

I think if the stunticons are all exotics, like ferrari, lambroghini, aston martin, F1 whatever, then HOTROD should be some type of musclecar. As long as they don't turn him into a camper or trailer for Rodimus Prime, you really can;t go wrong.

I think we should pitch the idea to MBay. Whatya think?

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    No Rodimus Prime. For the love of God, no Rodimus Prime.

3. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What about any use of Hot Rod on screen ever indicates that his character could take out the Stunticons on his own?

And, yeah, no Rodimus Prime, please.

4. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

5. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

I wouldn't mind seeing Hot Rod show up in a sequel...

BUT i'd much rather see Mirage, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe and/ or Cliffjumper first!

And if they kill Optimus Prime in favor of Rodimus again... my transformer collection better beware because there will be h*ll to pay!

6. zmaali

zmaali New Member

I never liked rodimus prime in the cartoons either, but he would be the only successor to Optimus if Bay does eventually kill him on screen. You know he's just itching to do it since we call him all types of names anyway.

As far as taking out all the stunticons himself, I didn't say he could or had to, but I think it show that he is a badass if he could. Otherwise, what would distinguish himself from anyother car transformer if he wasn't a lot faster or bigger or stronger or something. Just wondering how he fits in.

7. Autobot HipHop

If Prime dies boy are the autobots in trouble with their current 5 bot roster. Who would lead? Ironhide? Ratchet? Yuck.

Actually I don't ever recall any other autobot ever being "worthy" of leadership before Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus.

8. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No thanks, No Rodimus EVER. Once in G1 was more than enough. *gag*
    As for Hot Rod, I like him, but if you want some spunky sports car Autobots there's plenty of better others to choose from, the Lambo brothers being 2 of them.

9. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Sorry but IMO, BB and hotrod have basically the same personna.

Isnt hot rod BB anyways, they are very alike...

If I wanted somthing in the sequel, excluding rodimuus...he would be to annoying sorry :(  I would ask for Arcee, or my favorite, tidal wave, nothing shouts universal destruction like a T-con

10. Autobot HipHop

Tidal Wave would be perfect for a sequel! We already see shots of aircraft carriers in the trailer so Tidal Wave would be a natural progression!

11. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm with them.

12. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I liked both Hot Rod and Rodimus but....

If there was to be a successor in the movie it should be Ultra Magnus. Hot Rod should be set as a loose cannon type of character like Wolverine in the Xmen. Since its a GM movie Im thinking of a Red 2009 Corvette.

13. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime will never die again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he does, then there is gonna be problems!

I don’t think they can call him Hot Rod. They may call him Hot Rodimus or Rodimus Major. I don’t mind if he is in the movie but he better not be the Supreme Commander / Autobot Leader. The only way “Rodimus Prime” should enter the movie is if Vector Prime brings him from an alter dimension. I would love to see Ultra Magnus with an original design in the sequel.

14. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    here here!! Lambo twins FTW (or these days, isn't Sides a Viper, and Sunny something else?)

15. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I'm getting real sick of all this Hot Rod hate.

Apparently, everyone can get past Ratchet as a Hummer, Ironhide as a pickup, Bumblebee as a Camaro... but mention Hot Rod or Rodimus Prime, and suddenly, he's going to kill Optimus.

I don't want to see Hot Rod in the movie cause I don't think he'll fit. And it'll shut the haters up. But then again, it's NOT G1. Maybe a re-imagined Rodimus (cause we all know they won't be able to name him "Hot Rod") could be fabricated.

16. Zerus

Zerus Banned

i think it would be sweet if Tidal Wave were in the sequel.
    in my opinion, he could be like his Armada incarnation, having 3 ships combine into him.

17. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hot Rod can't stay cool for very long. Sooner or later the writers would surely try to do a Rodimus story. :cry 

18. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Ok people need to understand that the WRITERS killed off Optimus in G1 NOT Hot Rod. These are different writers Hot Shot = Hot Rod in the newest shows and did not kill off Optimus. Therefore it does not mean if Hot Rod is in the movie Optimus will die.

19. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tidal Wave as an aircraft carrier? How freakin' big that thing would be! If BB is a camaro, roughly 14 feet when in alt mode, then 20 something in Bot mode, wouldnt a 100 yd/300 ft aircraft carrier be about 400-450 ft in bot mode? Geez...

20. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I thought Hot Shot was more like BumbleBee.....

But anyways, Sideswipe and Sunstreaker would be cool but Streaker's best vehicle mode has already been taken (Camaro). IT wouldve been cool to have the brothers as a yellow and red Camaro, but then again they could use the 'Vette for them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.