Why Hasbro? Why?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Spunky, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Una

Una Well-Known Member

Actually, it was heavily implied that Cybertron in the Beast Era was in a Cold War state. Outside, they were peaceful, but each side was secretly preparing for the next war.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    To be fair, you can't use the G1 movie as evidence that Hasbro should have known about the true power of character popularity beforehand. Namely because that's where they learned the lesson.

And Hasbro isn't getting desperate. It's folly to think that simply because the flagship line isn't doing so well right now means the line is going downhill. We've still got the majority of the FOC Generations figures to come, including the badass Grimlock Voyager.

3. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

My first reaction was the same as the OP's. WHY???????. But after thinking about it for awhile I have come to realize why I'm upset. I don't want to lose seeing the characters I have become attached to in Prime.

From the information I have read here on this site I believe Beast Hunters is the next iteration of Prime and as long as they keep the same Autobot/Decepticon crew in it I will be fine. A new setting and stories is a good thing sometimes.

If it's truly Prime ending like this then I just can't wrap my head around why they would want to kill a popular and award winning show just like that. I just don't understand some things. /sigh

4. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ Did "they" say when "Beast Hunters" will air/start? ^^

5. HoneyPrime

Late 2013 I think. From what I understand though the patent for it is still pending so anything is possible.

Somebody kindly correct me if I am wrong.

6. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ Thanks. ^^

Wow, patents take a long time too.

Does that mean that the Comics TFP will end too?

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

There is also the option of Netflix instant view. Might seem like a small thing to some people but it does mean there is access to the show without parents having to buy DVDs or pay per episode with something like i-Tunes.

It does seem popular to bash Hasbro but they seems pretty nice about options to watch their Hub shows compared to something from Warner Brothers or from Cartoon Network who want to keep you tied to the old cable and DVD system instead of offering options on how you watch.

8. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True, but I suppose its just me then.

Continuing the BW story back on Cybertron would kill a lot for me. They had beast modes for example for a reason, but on Cybertron, why would they need them? That would warrant a character model change and then it wouldn't be beast wars anymore. But alas, Beast Machines happened and I didn't mind it, so whatever could have happened, didn't....and that isn't what this topic is about.

I was hoping the relic hunting in Prime would lead to something boss this season finale that would then lead to a large universe expanding to stem across a few more seasons or at least until season 4. (With the route animated was taking, I was hoping Hasbro would see a season 4 at least to tie things up would be nice..), but then again, PRIME didn't have as much going on as that show in terms of other plots

9. HoneyPrime

I really don't know about that. My apologies.

10. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ Not at all. ^^

11. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    actually they are Indeed doing a fourth movie, they already confirmed a June 27, 2014 release date, Bay officialy confirmed his involment on the film as a director (he's doing another movie first, named Pain and Gain, then he does TF4) they already got the writter of rotf and dotm writting it, the compsoer of the past 3 films is returning. bay already confirmed tf4 will haev a new cast of humans, recently there was news that the fourth movie will focus on a whole new cast of robots aswell. heck even bay official website have a forum for transformers 4, if it was NOT true, then there would be no forum in bay site (the site is not a fansite, is Bay official forum) dont belivie me?, then check the news
    Transformers Movie (Just Movie) - Transformers News - TFW2005

12. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I should care about this, but honestly.. I don´t.

13. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    >Waits a year after the show premieres to release toys
    >First Edition fiasco: Hard to find, some territories only get certain figures
    >Mass release toyline, but they stuff BB and Cliff into the first 2 waves in absurd numbers
    >Smaller toys at higher prices
    >Have Takara produce a Breakdown figure AFTER HE DIED, and then refuses to carry it in North America
    >Ditto for Unicron and Jet Vehicon

GENIUSES, I TELL YOU

14. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I just want to keep Ratchet, Arcee, Starscream, Soundwave, Dreadwing, Knockout, Smokescreen and Fowler for the next series or they make recurring appearances.

16. tgd124

tgd124 Junkion Wrecker

Firstly, 3 season's is pretty decent, most good shows have 2-3 seasons max (justice league, transformers animated, and even g1 (i think...)) Also, many people think of it as an inferior product for the first 3 weeks or so and get over it, look at facebook's updates, or figure lines like halo reach, people get over it. also, beast wars was not very good imo

who are you trying to talk to btw? and what's with all the "why" and negativeness? I don't really think they're trying to compete within their own merchandise, but more as a change of pace. Think; how many muscle car bumblebee's, ambulances, motorcycles, and planes do we really need? I think more options is probably better to attract buyers and make $

Are you seriously already downing on a new beast wars...? you were just praising it. season 2 isn't even over, it may wrap things up perfectly. Season 3 being 16 episodes i can deal with, Prime (as good as it is) is highly unoriginal and unconnected. Most characters are completely borrowed from animated and G1. I enjoy the show, but i am definitely willing to let it go for a possibly improved series

17. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    I don't care. Nobody's going to talk about TFP in 15 years, but yeah, this stuff is [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  18. HoneyPrime

Thank-you Darkscream. This information eases my worries alot.

19. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

You're right!

20. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Alot of this information is confusing. Is Beast Hunters really going to be TFP season 3 or season 4? I think it's season 4 because of what Ratchet's voice actor said recently about Season 3 being the last of this current iteration of TFP. Here's what I think is going to happen:

Things are going to happen in Season 3 that's going to set up for Season 4/Beast Hunters. The Autobots are going to some robotic jungle planet. The Cons may go as well or they may not. Thundertron (or whatevet the fuck he's called) is going to be the bad guy and he's going to be a Beastformer on this jungle planet and have his own Beastformer minions. They are going to be hunting Optimus Prime and the rest of the Autobots, hence the title, "Beast Hunters". Optimus and the rest of the Autobots are going to have to adopt beast forms to disguise themselves as robotic animals on this planet in order to hide from Thundertron and his baddies. Thus, Hasbro will be able to sell new toys of them that won't compete with the vehicle modes of a completely new robot cast for TF4. I HATE this idea! But this is probably what Beast Hunters is really going to be about.