Why has no one considered that this is another part of Bays' misinformation campaign?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by dragontron88, May 31, 2010.

?

Is Fox really out or is it part of a publicity stunt related to Michael Bays campaign

1. Yeah, she's out!

77 vote(s)
    79.4%
  2. No, its part of the campaign!

20 vote(s)
    20.6%
  1. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Yep, make it happen!:D 

2. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I sure hope you're right. Looking at pics of the new girl just makes me sadder thinking that Megan won't be in the movie.

3. chojin998

chojin998 Well-Known Member

Moot point, a lot of babbling.
    Sam and Mikaela on Transformers movies are the Spike and Carly from the franchise.
    What the statistics say about what some of the other people do just doesn't matter.
    Transformers3 is going to be broken at plot and characters continuity and consistency levels. And it's going to feel just wrong and bad written. Other than the fact that it will have lost any connection to the G1 source material. The character of Sam Witwicky without Mikaela Banes has no meaning to exist just like it wouldn't on the original series. The two would have a kid that grows up trained by Autobots to fight Decepticons. Now all of this is going to be trashed just because Michael Bay for whatever stupid reason decided to fire his lead actress instead of completing his first trilogy as it was supposed to, as the majority of the general public worldwide expected and as it would just have been good writing.

4. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone here really think that they know the full story of whatever happened between Bay and Fox? I'm actually pretty amazed at just how important place Megan Fox in this franchise. She's tits and ass, which is so easily replaceable it's not even worth debating.

Mikaela has never been pivotal to the main plot of the films. Serving as little more as a romantic SUBplot. Not the main plot. Subplots can be easily brushed over. Anyone who thinks that TF3 is doomed because of Megan Fox getting fired has serious issues...

...we all know it was ROTF that made TF3 doomed ;) 

5. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    +9999999999999999999

6. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    In all reality I think Bay's entire misinformation campaign was the announcement of his misinformation campaign. Stuff got leaked, he announced his campaign and everyone dismissed anything that was leaked from there on. Simple but effective.

7. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    PERFECT! :thumbs2: :bay 

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I dunno, look at all the Bond movies and the Batman movies (including mostly before Batman Begins came along) - those guys almost always had a new woman at the end of the movie and come the next movie that woman was out of their life and making way for the new love interest, usually with no mention of what happened or just - as in my example earlier - a single sentence devoted to why they're not in the new movie.
    Relationships are forged very quickly in films so it's not exactly difficult to get an audience to care about a new love interest within the space of a single movie. If it was then all romance movies would be failures with no-one having a lovin' result come the end credits. It's not like the BayFormers movies are entirely all about the relationship between Sam and Mikaela. They actually dropped into being a couple in very few scenes really if you think about it. Like I said earlier I never really bought their being a couple myself. 'Geeky kid gets the hot girl' usually through some dangerous adventure doesn't strike me as a very good foundation for a lasting relationship, even in the make-believe world of movies, so actually I more believe it could fail over some simple dumb shit than lasting the course.

But anyway, this is all getting off the actual subject of the thread.

9. chojin998

chojin998 Well-Known Member

Moot points, bad comparisons. And if you didn't think that Sam and Mikaela were a couple after having watched the first two Transformers movies then you must have watched something else, really. It's like telling that you didn't buy Sauron was evil on Lord Of The Rings.... yep!

It's Sam and Mikaela characters there, not James Bond. Sam Witwicky it's not Jason Bourne nor James Bond. He is a nerd like Peter Parker that loved his Mary Jane which is Mikaela Banes since they were little kids... that is what the story is all about. And Sam and Mikaela are a key couple to the franchise, Bay and Spielberg focused the first two movies on them, negating this simple fact just means negating both movies. And that is why Transformers3 is going to be broken down completely, it will negate the main reason why we met Sam Witwicky.. even Bumblebee was so focused in helping Sam get a chance at Mikaela.. and on Transformers2 still Bumblebee protected Sam from Alice the Pretender practically warning him that he had a girlfriend, Mikaela, already and that Alice was a freak...

10. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    OK-

1-This isn't G1. Whatever happened there is moot.

2-How do you know it will be bad writing* if you haven't read the script or seen the movie? It may be that Mikaela missing will be an excellent motivator for Sam. Wasn't it said that the screenwriter and Bay agreed that it would be good for the character of Sam if Mikaela was out of the picture?

3-It is not yet RUIN FOREVER!!!!!11!1

4-Here, I thought this was a movie about giant transforming robots in an intergalactic war, not some movie about whiney little nerds trying to tap skanked up whores. Sure, that was a part of it, but not the main focus of the movie, just of that character at that time. Character growth may show that Sam realized that Mikaela was a mouth breathing, over tanned, skanked up dimwitted bint who didn't know her @$$hole from her elbow.

*I'm not saying we should anticipate GOOD writing, just saying we don't know either way really.

11. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

1. This, my friend, is called a subplot. The Autobots fighting to stop the Decepticons from obtaining the Allspark/activating the Sun Harvester is the plot.
    2. We met Sam because it's his destiny to help the Autobots achieve victory over the Decepticons.

Besides, since you're so interested in Sam and Mikaela's characters, maybe you heard Sam say he wanted a normal life. I think a break-up is part of a normal life. Just sayin'.

Or maybe they'll just be separated (but still a couple); we've seen what level their relationship has reached, so we don't necessarily need to see much more than that.

Hell, what if, like some people are saying, Mikaela gets killed by a Decepticon? Sam's talking to her over the phone, he hears a Baysplosion, then he later gets word that she was killed by a Decepticon? Dealing with depression is part of leading a normal life (I know that all too well), not to mention getting major character development, and we have a new subplot.

But since I mentioned above three possibilities to pick from [that I can think of] for how they can work around the lack of Megan Fox, we'll just have to wait and see what they come up with.