Why has no one considered that this is another part of Bays' misinformation campaign?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by dragontron88, May 31, 2010.

?

Is Fox really out or is it part of a publicity stunt related to Michael Bays campaign

1. Yeah, she's out!

77 vote(s)
    79.4%
  2. No, its part of the campaign!

20 vote(s)
    20.6%
  1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I think she's still in. There'd be a LOT of rewriting required to get rid of Mikaela, since hardly anyone likes recasts. There's something fishy going on, IMO.

2. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure those links i posted confirm she's out. Unless they mutually agreed to have her do some minor scenes to establish the break up of the couple and then bring in the new love interest. Highly doubt it though, everyone seem to be really in denial here.

3. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

Michael Bay started it, so if you got problems with it, talk to him. Look at the twins for example. He says they're not in part 3, then in the same day, no less then 3 hours later, pics of their new alt modes sporting new paint jobs are posted. He even went as far as to say Megatron would not appear in Revenge of the fallen, and that the toy was just a hasbro thing. Nothing he says can be believed. Pics of Megan on set heav been seen, so I find it real hard to believe that she left or has been cut. I'm not angry if the latter happened. I'm just curious as to whats really going on, and considering every possibity, this being one of them. Once there is irrefutable proof she is gone, people will leave the situation alone. I for one am not convinced yet.

4. dragontron88

Agreed.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally believe she truly isn't returning for TF3 (it helps I don't want her to return, or Shia, tbh, as both can't act to save their lives). If it was just Bay saying she's out, than I'd be skeptical, but it's gone way past him now, and with no evidence of the opposite. With the Twins, it's just Bay making statements, that almost immediately get revealed as his sad attempts at a misinformation campaign. Though it also helps that the Twins are his favorite bots, so there was almost no chance they wouldn't appear in TF3.

We'll just have to wait and see. We've got roughly a year till the movie comes out, so plenty can happen between now and then.

6. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

With her attitude? Heck, she is crazy.They're probably pulling a batman, by keeping the character and changing the actress.

7. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    What about that Victoria Secret video congratulating Rosie on her casting, that misdirection too? This is going to be funny come trailer time!

8. dragontron88

We don't have 100% assurance that she is replacing Fox. For all we do know she could be playing the role of another pretender.

9. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

Lets just accept it and move on like megan fox has being in hawaii and like the TF3 cast and crew has casting the underwear model. Ill just say she either left because she was sick of bay or bay thought she was too thin and she quit. im going with the too thin thing and it was the last straw for her

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    This is what I'm hoping for. It worked great for TDK, so I can imagine it doing at least some good for TF3. Maggie Gyllenhaal is a much better actress than Katie Holmes, and a much better fit for the character, imho.

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Personally it makes no difference if she's gone or not, so as a 'maybe' misinformation subject it falls flat for me. It has to be about something important to catch my ire, like if Peter Cullen or Optimus Prime weren't part of the next movie.
    The Megan Fox thing isn't misinformation but if it had been I'd have just gone 'Meh'.

12. chojin998

chojin998 Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? Maggie was really so anonymous on The Dark Knight.. the movie was way flawed.. if it wasn't for Heath Ledger death it would have flopped for her performance alone. She was the worst replacement ever seen in a blockbuster movie to date. Although now Michael Bay is going to top that by having fired Megan Fox and having put an anonymous topmodel as her replacement, with the obvious difference that he and Paramount don't have a death actor to use for marketing the movie.. unless they might want to kill one.. yup... (and this just means that the movie is going to underperform or even flop despite all the effort they could put into it, there is not going to be any distracting factor strong enough to have the general public not see the characters and plot continuity mess...)

13. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I'm hoping she's gone.

14. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

15. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

Y'know, I wonder if Peter Cullen would get as much attention as Megan got if he left Transformers 3.

16. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

And you'd still hit it. I know I would.

17. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I think it's part of Bay's misinformation campaign.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Maybe the fact that she's out altogether may be misinformation, and she actually gets killed off in the movie early on. Other than that, ya she's out.

And they're not recasting. Nelson's confirmed that Rosie's playing a new character.

19. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I don't think so. One throwaway line will explain her not being in Sam's life, and not being in Sam's life means there's no need for her to be in the movie. As for what was already written for her, yes, it's a bit of a rewriting hassle - but all that's required is sticking the new character in her place per-scene and rewriting the dialog accordingly.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    All it needs is Judy saying to Sam: "It's a pity you split up with Mikaela.I really thought she was the one for you." Doesn't need anything grander than that. They split. Could've been over anything. A reason doesn't even need a mention.
    Honestly I never really bought those two could be a couple anyway. Not suited at all.