Why Grandparents are amesome

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newguy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. newguy

newguy i

Tell us a little story of why your grandparents are awesome. Doesn't matter if they passed on, their awesomeness stays with them. If it's a story underline or bolden the part about their awesomeness.

The other day i had to help my Grandparents bring up the christmas decorations from their basement. When my Grandad pick me up he took me to Buffalo Wild Wings!!!! After eating i bought him some crickets for their lizard, and we we went to his house. I carried up a few maybe 50lb boxes, and some lighter stuff for them. As always when i was done i helped out cleaning up their basement (lots of kid toys and whatnot from the other grandchildren). I swept up some stuff and restacked a lot of boxes. When i was reoginizing some intruments of his (he worked for a music store and was a band teacher for a long time) i noticed he had an old trumpet. I set it to the side to look at it later. When we were done we took the trumpet back up stares and got it pretty cleaned up. My Grandfather then gave me the old trumpet!!!!!!! It hasn't been played in about 15 years. Sadly it doesn't have a mouth piece, but on monday morning when i take it to school i'll play it before my 1st hour. Anyways. When he took me home, he then gave me $10!!! The man just bought me wings and gave me a Trumpet. It was like christmas morning. On top of all that he is going to get me a new mouth piece, a new trumpet cleaning kit (someone stole mine), and a "how to play the guitar" dvd.
    Yeah my Grandfather is a badass.

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Reading just the bolded parts of your post tells quite a different story.

3. TRANSJAZZ

TRANSJAZZ Fighting Cancer RIP 10/31/16 Veteran

News Credits:
    All but one of my Grandparents have passed away. My Grandpa passed away about 6 months after my first son was born. He had just had a mini stroke and it was the first and only time he ever got to see my son. I had never seen him so happy ever. He held him for a few minutes while in the hospital. I miss him.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    both of my grandpa's passed away way before i was born and one of my grandma's is "dead" (we ignore her, haven't seen her in YEARS). only grandparent i truely ever had was my dad's mom and she passed away a few years ago :(  ....anyways glad you had a nice time :) 

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

For my first birthday my grandparents called the relatives and told them that the celebration was cancelled, while it wasn't. (I'm talking about grandparents from the father side, and this is what my parents told me. My moms's mother died 4 years before my birth and her father when I was 4, so I have no memories of them, apart from alot of useful things and gifts I still have)

When I was two years old, my grandma took me to some old lady that dabbled in village medicine, protection from bad luck and some such crud, which pasted my neck with tar and gave me phosphor from matches mixed with water to drink. I ended up with a bad cough and my face was all red and puffed up. The reason she told my parents was - I was to lively and spindly, she couldn't control me.

When I was 7 and my brother 5, the grandparents bought some snow boots that were one size smaller than the shoes we wore at the time, so when my brother couldn't take his boot off, my father tried to pull it off, but it wouldn't budge. On top of it all the soles were made of some stupid rubber crap and they were very slippery when wet (what genius made such boots for snow??). End result - my brother ended up with a split scalp and had to be taken to the hospital to get stitched....

WOOPS, sorry...wrong thread!!

6. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

:lolol  :lolol  :lolol 

YOU CRAZY F*CK!! I LOVE YOU!

7. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless you live in Buffalo and or WNY those are not Buffalo Wings.

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    -_-

9. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...it's true.

10. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    I'm happy for those who still have grandparents. Unfortunately, my grandmother passed away five months ago, and it's impacted me and my family greatly. :(  This is the first Christmas I'll have to spend without her. She was my last grandparent, and I loved her with every part of my soul. I still miss her so much. :cry 

But, for those of you who still have grandparents, do whatever you can to spend as much time with them. I don't care if you have mean grandparents, just visit them every chance you get. Have them talk about how great the old days were, or if you have grandparents who were in wars, have them tell their war stories to you. The greatest gift of aging is wisdom. The older you are, the more wiser you become. Grandparents kick ass, and I for one can't wait to become an old fart and have grandkids, so then I can ramble on and on about my youth, telling those young whippersnappers how much toys cost back then, and tell them that the real heroes of my childhood were the Power Rangers, not those newfangled Ben 10, Bakugan crap. :lol 

11. OptimusGinrai

OptimusGinrai Is Not The Breakman

megatronkicksas speaks the truth! I should know!

12. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Unless you live in Buffalo and/or WNY (where apparently nothing ever happens), you don't give a crap.

13. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I'll never forget the advice my grandmother once gave me:

"Anything over nine inches is a waste."

14. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    QFT.

Yep. Nothing ever happens.

It's worse if you live in the suburbs. The last front-page picture on the local newspaper I saw was that of an old lady with a birthday cake, context unknown. I hear Orchard Park is loads more dull though.

15. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

Enjoy the memories of your Grandparents, mine sadly passed before I could really appreciate them.

16. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    all my grandpas are dead :(  i dont rember anything that they did with me :(  i was so young so i cant remmber :( , but my grandmas are alive :p 

17. red4

red4 Banned

My dad's dad died when I was only 3 or 4; never really knew him.
    My mom's dad died before I was born.
    Both my grandmas are alive, but I could hardly care less. I'm not callous, they're just people whom I've never had any connection with.

18. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

:lolol 

that is true. The female vagina goes in only that deep, right?

19. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Try six inches.

20. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

why grandfather used to come over and walk into my bedroom while i was sleeping and wake me up so he could inspect it. he would also always make me get him a glass of pop, even though i've got 4 other siblings he could have asked. he constantly made up stories about his cat, and he would talk about how much the women loved his hair. he had an old military style brush cut. my grandfather was awesome. it's been over 5 years since he died and i miss him.