Why Evil Robots From All-Spark?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Pardon me if this has been asked before, but................
    how come whenever the All-Spark converts machinery into living machines, it's always some evil or viscous little monster? Doesn't the All-Spark also create friendly Autobots?

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

From what I've read, the Allspark imbues them with life, but doesn't give them a spark. So they're soulless creatures, which explains why they're evil.

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    All allspark-created robots are basically primative, mindless and souless. Almost like a TF version of a caveman if you will.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably more accurately, a feral beast.

5. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    In the comic books and the prequel novel it was hinted that the entire technical revolution from the ENIAC through to the modern age had been from reverse engineering Megatron's frozen body. I always figured that meant when the Sparklings came online they were partially Decepticions along with being beast-like.

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Orci himself confirmed the feral explanation, but admitted that the reverse-engineering from Megatron theory would be a fair assessment too.

7. fisch

fisch In a room...WITH A MOOSE!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wasn't it stated in the movie that most of our technology was reverse engineered from from Megatron, hence our tech becomes decepticon.

I am more curious to know why Sam is still alive after touching the cube. I mean after all it is "Raw Power": Transformers become rejuvinated when touching it or killed when it is empailed into there spark chamber, yet Sam can run around with it then slam it on a concrete surface which causes it to send out an EMP burst giving our tech life.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, before ROTF it seemed that the whole "they're based on Decepticon technology, and thus, evil homicidal maniacs" thing seemed to cover it, but in ROTF we see that factionality is more of a choice, and there probably isn't a whole lot of biological difference between the two sides.

Is it possible that the instinctive behavior of beings made from simplified versions of Megatron's technology would be more aggressive, xenophobic and violent than if another basis was used, say an Autobot? That could tie the two possible explanations together, no?

9. Tigertrack

Uh, I don't think it was an EMP burst. EMP, "Electro-magnetic-pulse" actually kills all circuitry rendering all electronics dead. I'm sure it was some sort of energy pulse, but I wouldn't call it EMP.

10. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

I'm with Orci's explanation Allspark mutations are feral. As we've seen in ROTF Transformers have a different method of procreation. Which explains how Optimus can be a descendant Prime.

Technology is evil is stupid. Technology is neutral. Autobots and Decepticons are the same race. Its incredibly moronic to think every piece of technology is evil by default because of Megatron. Its not as if they took a piece of him and cloned it.

11. Tigertrack

Other question is, are the little bots we seen from the All-Spark's zaps really evil? Or are they just mischievous adolesens little robots who haven't "matured" yet?

12. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I always that of them as defenders or destracters for the all-spark so it would give it time to be removed from the area.

13. Wheeljack_Prime

News Credits:
    It's the latter. It's an extension of the feral explanation.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The bit I never got from the first film is that if the Allspark bots are feral then how was Megatron going to control them?

15. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

I think that part was kinda thrown in there half assed and regretted later on. Megatron did not come to earth to solely make machines into his minions...which at the time he came to earth there weren't any if I recall correctly the timeline.

But as to the bots being evil, imagine being a toaster, you get to most of the time have a relaxing set of days, once in a while heating up some food but its mindless work and you don't have to work that hard at it. Then BAM you get a kick in the proverbial nads and can walk and talk and all your lazy days go out the window, I would be pretty pissed too.

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    hostile =/= evil

17. Wheeljack_Prime

News Credits:
    Same way that lion and bear tamers do, I guess.

18. Tytus

Tytus Well-Known Member

That, or the same way wild animals develop pack leaders. Dominance, subordination, etc.

19. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

Because the writer and director wanted to do a cute/sinister 'Gremlins' bit of schtick and had to come up with an explanation for it if asked. I suspect Robert Orci is enormously happy to find that Transformers fans are coming up with there own theories as it saves him the trouble of having to justify every ridiculous screenplay decision in the movies.

If there isn't a scene in the third movie where some Budwieser cans or a lavatory 'hilariously' spring to life I'll eat my hat.

20. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    They said it in the movie too though... but yeah, I think of it as more the little bots just being primal/feral.