Why don't we have jazz(universe)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatronkicksas, Dec 15, 2008.

1. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Think about it We could have jazz and a richochet repaint it fits in perfectley with universe.

2. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Jazz is on the Short list.

3. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    /thread

4. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What does that meen

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i think that when Universe comes back, they should make Jazz, along with Soundwave, Shockwave, and Rhinox. that would make a FANTASTIC Wave 1, IMHO

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    It means the above post was the definitive answer, and not much else can be added beyond...

Hasbro doesnt want to have multiple versions of the same character out at once. Jazz is in animated, they don't want him in universe at the same time.

*glares at starscream*

7. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Except Animated Starscream is long done shipping, so now Universe Starscream can.

Animated Jazz is still shipping in the Wave 4 cases with EG Bee, Sentinel and Swoop as filler.

@ OP its the same reason why Universe Ratchet isn't coming out till March, so he doesn't clash with the Animated one (which had enough issues trying to get off pegs as it is).

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Because they just haven't made him yet. I think there is a very good chance we'll see him when Universe comes back after it's hiatus, along with Rhinox, Soundwave w/Laserbeak, Wheeljack, Trailbreaker, and more that are on their short list.

9. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

wait, how do you guys know of this "short list?" I'm especially curious since I'm getting ready to make a custom classics trailbreaker, but I'll save the figure if he's expected out next year.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hasbro mentions some of the characters they have on their "short list" every once in a while. It doesn't guarantee that they'll be made by a certain time, just that they are characters Hasbro wants to fit into their toy lines at some point. Jazz, Trailbreaker, and Wheeljack are three of the most notable in the list. Oh, and if we do eventually get a Universe Trailbreaker, he'll more than likely have a different name, as they no longer have the trademark to the name Trailbreaker. And before anybody brings it up, no, they could not just throw Autobot on the front of it and use that (doesn't work that way).

11. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

:horse: 

12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

We've been wanting Jazz since the Classics line first came out.

I think that whole "multiples of a character" thing is garbage. There is an Ani.Optimus in almost every size class available, and now the 25th is on shelves as well. There are Ani.Prowls and Uni.Prowls sharing shelf space.

So I call bs.

I say, if it's a different line, then there should be no problem. Because there is a Movie Jazz and an Ani.Jazz means that we can't get one for a completely different line? That's pretty weak.

And if that's the best reasoning anyone can come up with, why no Wheeljack? There don't seem to be any licensing issues with the name (he's had two toys named Wheeljack within the past 5 years), wasn't in the first movie or it's toyline, and until just recently wasn't in Animated.

Hasbro needs to get on these instead of throwing G1 names on Energon/Cybertron toys and calling them "Classics."

13. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Hasbro said that they can't do 2 versions of a character if they're similar (Prowl was ad exception, since his alt mode is different from Animated) while Blitwing, Ratchet, and Jazz are close to there G1 counterparts look wise. (though Ratchet will be made in Universe by March, so hopefully Jazz will be amonst the Universe figures made post Movie line) The short list I believe are

Jazz
    Wheeljack
    Trailbreaker
    Sunstorm (might be on hold in Universe due to Target Animated exclusive)
    Remaining Rainmakers
    Shockwave
    Soundwave
    Blitzwing

14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

^^ wow, that little short list would make my day. although I could do without the wheeljack and shockwave figures, since I've got the two likenesses from energon filling up those spaces on my classics shelf.