Why don't they allow dogs in public places? A rant on the discrimination of animals.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Megatron1, Jun 9, 2012.

1. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Not-sure-if-op-is-serious.jpg.

2. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    In response to Easterling: And they'd demand to have your dog put down, which could have easily been avoided by leaving the animal at home.

3. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep. Walmart barely keeps shit off the floor as it is.

4. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's serious.

5. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Yeah but what if your out walking and get a call to go and pick something up for dinner/farmacy or whatever. Since I cant take the dog in with me I need to put him outside.

The thing I am aiming at is that ppl are so easy to put the blame on the owner and the dog and in some cases it is justable. But many times the dog is put in that situation that the only thing he can do by instinct is to either bite or walk away.

I should be able to tie my dog, go in for 3 min and ppl should leave their fingers away from my dog. Its not their dig, their animal.

If you stand outside a store, I go upp and start to poke on you, touching your head....how would you feel? Sure your a human, you can talk, walk, call the polcie etc etc...whats the dog gonna do.

So yeah I dont care for dumb arse ppl no mather of age or secualety that gets bitten by dogs becuase of their own stupidety.

6. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

Dogs are unable to understand the rules and norms of human society, so they are unable to be held responsible for their behaviour. Without equal responsibilty it is impossible for them to have equal rights.

It isnt descrimination, its common sense.

7. Dachande

News Credits:
    Totally valid points. I've seen situations where dogs are tied outside and most of the time people avoid them. It's those special cases where an unruly kid will get hurt by a scared dog in defense mode that are the saddest. the dog did what is natural, and paid the price because some parent couldn't control their own mongrel.

8. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    as mentioned before, allergens and the sorts, but also if a place is serving food, most places by law can not let them in as it becomes a health issue and risk.

and sorry if youre out and about and need to pick something up, take your dog home.

i can not stand it when ppl leave their dogs tied up somewhere. i do not think it is fair for them and i have also heard stories of ppls animals being stolen because of this. it can happen and does.

here in chicago sooooo many ppl do it, i remember this past winter while waiting for the train i waited almost 20 minutes while this poor dog was tied up outside a store in the cold.

part of me almost wants to start to untie someones dog to see if they even come out and be like wtf just to prove a point lol.

9. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

What? THEY CAN DO THAT? I didn't know that.

10. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Also, some dogs are pretty vicious and if there are dogs around them they can bark and fight with eachother. In restaurants they can eat food and make a mess everywhere.

11. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Errhhh. Yeah they do. My neighbour and friend had their Maltese killed by a bulldog and the bulldog had to get put down because they begin to get used to attacking other dogs, something like that anyways.

12. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I think the majority of the reasons why public places don't allow dogs is mainly because it is a health concern. I have five dogs and they can be a hand full. That isn't something you need in any public place. I have actually seen dogs in a farmer's market and it is kind of chaotic.

Plus, dogs can be messy which is for sure--something you don't want in any restaurant or store or any public place. Unless it is a store made for pets like Petco.

13. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I have 3 Great Danes. The one is huge and can be very overwhelming. Even people who like dogs can easily be startled by the mere size of him. He also has a tendancy to just grab things at random, regardless of if it was meant for dogs or not. Plus, he likes marking his territory on occasion. His bark alone could scare people off, haha!

At the end of the day, people run business'. There are too many things that create issues when it comes to dogs being in stores, resturants, etc. It is not about loving dogs or hating them. Just look at what happens with animals in pet stores. You take your dog in, they go to the bathroom, grab something, bark, see another dog, cause potential chaos, and they are ones who allow it. Know what else stores have that most pet stores dont? Carpeting. You get a dog that makes a mess in the carpet, and you can't get a stain out, that is gonna cost a lot of money to fix that issue. I am sure the store doesn't want to leave a big shit stain in the middle of the floor. Places like Walmart, Target, Best Buy, are in no shape to allow that stuff, neither is places of food. If Ma and Pa want to allow pets, that is fine, but bigger populated places, have bigger priorities than to make us pet owners happy.

14. Dachande

News Credits:
    Yes, and it's generally a known practice. You not knowing it explains in a way why you want freedom of access for dogs. Not a jab, but a conclusion.

Once a dog is proven to attack a person or another domestic animal, the offending dog can and will be put down. It is seen as aggressive and is no longer a safe pet.

Another point as well is the stigma around certain dogs. A Retweiler, Pit Bull or German Sheppard will always be considered more dangerous than a Beagle or Maltese. Media has blown this out of proportion, but quite frankly, the worst dogs I've ever encountered have been yappy rat-dogs.

15. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Because dogs shed fur. And not just where they sit or lay, everywhere in that area. So if you're eating and find dog hair in your food, it's going to be unpleasant.

Dog allergies as well.

Not all dogs are trained, so if you're eating or shopping and find a fresh dog poop next to you, I'd like to see how you'd react.

16. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone else think it funny that the OP is preaching moral decency whilst stealing bandwith?

17. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

1) Fleas, Fur, Dirt

Dogs are not the cleanest creatures. It's unsanitary. After winter, dogs SHED like crazy. It's disrespectful to everyone around you to have your dog shed on the aisle someone will be shopping in or on the products they came to purchase.

2) Inter-Animal relations

The idea of animals behaving well in public works great in theory. If you're the only pet owner in a store or one of a small handful, it may even work out. But if you have several pets in one place - conflict will occur. Dogs will go after each other over instinctual animal BS. Your dog sees a cat, a squirrel, or whatever - it WILL run. I've seen well-trained dogs go spastic over a wild animal. We don't need this in public.

3) Biting, Scratching, Death (kids, normal people w/ large dogs)

Some point out that the public poke, pet, and interfere with your pets in public. But those ARE NOT the only reason a dog will bite someone. Some dogs are aggressive. Some are over protective. Before I was born, my parents had to put a dog down for attacking an elderly woman. She was handing my mom a catalog and the way she put it in my mom's hands came across as an 'attack' in the dog's eyes. Badass protector dog chews an old lady apart for handing a catalog wrong. Yeah...we need this in public!

4) Food - issues

Unless a dog is well-trained (and that doesn't always stop this), they will instinctually go after human food. Whether this is jumping up to a table or snatching it from someone's hands.

---

Many of these problems could be solved with good leashes, talented trainers, and vigilant owners.

I don't trust 99.9% of Americans to fit this description. Keep the damn pets at home.

18. Dachande

News Credits:
    How do you know that, because it truly is ironic if true?

19. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because, some dog owners can't control their own dogs even with the leach on.

People don't want to step in their wastes when their owners don't pick up after them.

Many people are afraid of dogs.

Granted I do have a Siberian Husky and numerous people have said it looks like a wolf.

20. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Go to the first post and look at the url of the image he's posted.