Why don't the young ones like Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by prowler13, Dec 24, 2011.

1. prowler13

prowler13 Queen of Ferelden

I know someone said something like this a while back, but I'm just curious why? I have watched every series except beast wars. I really wasn't even introduced to the series until a couple of years before Animated started. Needless to say I love all the series, and own all episodes on DVD and have countless toys.

Anywho, I have 3 boys, ages 8, 6 and 4 and they love the live action movies and G1 but not Prime. I think it is a great show and hopefully it wil get better.

Anyone finding this in their house too?

2. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    Maybe because this show is trying to be more serious with little explosions and young ones just like watching robots fight?

3. prowler13

Maybe. The thing is that they love the new ThunderCats and all the past and previous Dragon Ball shows. Who knows, maybe my boys are just as much of not Prime fans as I has hoped. :( 

4. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what I understand, TFP is doing very well with its target demographic, guess it just isn't gelling with your kids for whatever reason.

5. prowler13

God how I wish it would tho. It is a great series and they so need to get more "nerdy" with their mom. I have actually surpassed my hubby in the nerd realm.

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Maybe Prime is too mature, story and tone wise for them to take in for now. But I think once they are older they can appreciate it than.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Yet another case of situations that can be solved through gratuitous violence...

I kid, I kid.

I don't know why they don't like it. I know I love it. What did they say when you asked them why they didn't like it?

8. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

Actually, my little brother who is six loves Prime, and its his favorite TF show along with G1.

9. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I'd like to point out that the live action movies are an entirely different type of TF media from Prime. Just because the film fans don't love Prime doesn't mean the average kid doesn't. It's evidently the highest rated show on the HUB and it's been getting a lukewarm reception from the fandom so a large amount of kids must be watching it.

10. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Don't have any of my own, but kids can be incredibly fickle with these things. I know I've obsessively followed certain series only to drop out (sometimes temporarily, sometimes permanently) after a "dumb" sub-series popped up. More common with franchises that get updated every once in a while.

Siblings will also follow each other in liking/disliking things.

11. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I don't think Prime is getting THAT much lukewarm reception. I heard that many fans indeed praise the show a lot that is has positive reception!

12. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    While there are certainly people on this site that praise it the general impression I get is that to many members it's just sort of there. They don't outright hate it like some but they find it dull and boring compared to their favorite show.

13. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Well if Season 2 fixes all that than they will defeinatly be into it. Like I said maybe it's too intelligent for them to really appreciate the show. Perhaps when they get older they may have different opinons. Members like me don't think it's just there at all! By the way what's their favourite show?

14. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

If true, that makes me think that maybe that's why they did the Rescue Bots show.

Something to fill in that age gap between fans.

15. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    That's true!:)  That's a smart decison if you think about it.

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    My nephew, who's 7yro loves Prime...don't think he's had a chance to see RB yet, but I've got the eps for him on my DVR, but I think he'll like that series too.

17. Universe265

Universe265 Plastic lover

It may be because of too much :bay  Bayhem :bay  in the movies and the kids have gotten used to the explosions and flying skulls. So when they see Prime with the little explosions and small gunfire, it may be a bit "tuned down" for them. Hope that helped! :) 

18. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Prime is not visually exciting enough for small kids. It has dull and dark colours most of the time, and a kid who saw any Bayformer film will definitely not be impressed by the visuals in TFP.

A six year old is hardly able to 100% distinguish the moral and immoral character choices in TFP. I think that TFP's main audience are teens and 30 yr olds who grew up in G1 and want the character emphasis they never got in the Bayformers (I plead guilty in this category).

19. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime has a lot of competition and not necessarily from other tv shows. Some of my really young nephews seem more interested in video games that cartoons. Many of these video games have outstanding cinematics and story telling.(Not to mention they get to control some of the characters)

That's why whenever I see Prime, I choose to compare it to film and video game cinematics because I see those two competing for the limited time of children. Prime needs a hook that would make people drop their controllers and watch it, imo.

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope. My 3 and 6 year olds love Transformers: Prime. My 3 old loves EVERYTHING Transformers even Rescue Bots. My 6 year old wants nothing to do what that one, however.