Why don't the instructions show you how to change the figure BACK?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bodine1231, Sep 13, 2009.

1. bodine1231

bodine1231 Knowledge is Annoyin

So I just got Universe Onslaught in the mail and successfully transformed him into robot by following the instruction booklet. I've just spent the last half hour trying to change him back into truck mode and I still can't figure it out. Why in gods name doesnt the manual show you how you how to get him back? The packaging says "Ages 5+",well there's no F'ing way a 5 year old could figure this out,I'm 30 and have been stuck for half an hour!

I can't get the damn front end to match up,I swear I'm about 10minutes away from throwing him into the wall...

2. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    they do show the instructions to change the figure back.... on every instruction sheet it says to "reverse order of instruction to convert back"

3. newguy

newguy i

^^^^^^^^^^^^this

You can also just look on youtube.

4. bodine1231

Yeah I tried reading the instructions backwards and it doesn't make any sense. I feel like watching youtube is cheating,lol. I guess I'm going to have to watch a video because I can't figure it out,easily the hardest transformation ever for me.

5. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
  6. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You tube is your best bet. There is always someone there with a video on just about every TF showing you how it transformers and transformers back. I honestly feel that the instructions or tutorial takes the fun out of it. Thats one of the perks when u get a new TF. Its like a puzzle, especially the big ones.

7. Voltron III

Voltron III sum dum cum bum

yo dawg, its ez. beleave in urself and follow the instrucshins

8. bodine1231

9. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  10. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Your welcome. It is nice to try and figure out a figure, but if a part feels like it's going to break, it's a good idea to consult others to see if that is how it should go rather than break it.

You can always try the Feedback forums too to see if others are having the same problem.

As for Youtube, Optibotimus and FxFranz are the only two reviewers who show how to transform back to vehicle mode (FxFranz only transforms it that way in fact) so they are good references.

Glad you got those universe toys (I remember your thread asking whether to get them or not last week) and I hope you enjoy them!

EDIT: Stopmotionjr is a good reviewer too, but he has stopped showing transformations back to alt. mode in his recent reviews.

11. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With some figures it can be a tad confusing. But I never use directions because I think it takes longer. :D 

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I find it's always useful to take really good notice of what you're doing when you first transform a figure right out of the package. If you know where and how a part moved one way you'll probably find it just as easy to make it go back the other way.
    Never understood people that say they never use instructions to transform a figure for the first time. I'd prefer not to risk breaking something for no good reason.

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's worked for me so far, and hell, it's part of the fun for getting a new TF for me.

I've owned all of the Masterpiece molds, every unique RiD mold, every unique Alternator mold, Alternity Convoy and Megatron, every unique Movie 1 mold, and almost every RotF mold that I've seen. None of them have given me much trouble.

I think the longest it took me to master any of them was probably like, 30 minutes for RotF Prime and Jetfire.

14. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    worst for me was univ nem prime
    the sucker is packed in robot mode, but the instructions are from beast to bot

15. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those instructions are no good to begin with, with their little shaded parts and fancy arrows! LOL Whatever happened to "swing panel around and lock into place." Actual INSTRUCTIONS.

As a G1 fan, I miss the simple days of chk....chk....chk....chk....chk.... DONE! They transformed fast on tv and so did the toy. Nowadays, a kid would have to sit there and mess with it for about 10 minutes before he is done. I guess they take 10 minutes to do it on screen so the toy has to as well.

16. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

The ones for the younger kids actually do have directions both ways now, I've noticed. As for the rest, they just figure you were paying close enough attention transforming it one way that you'll be able to get it back the other way. Which isn't always the case.

17. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Steer clear from Masterpiece Megatron then.

But yeah, can definitely understand the frustration of a challenging transformation, though I dont use instructions at all.