Why don't the Autobots just use the Matrix to...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Facemeat, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

...revive most of their fallen comrades? I mean, I can understand that certain characters are beyond revival, but it just seems odd that they have the ability to revive basically anyone, but yet it's only used for major plot points. For example: as I recall, Q-Jack wasn't obliterated, or even that badly damaged for having died, but they just left him there, dead. Does the Matrix have a limited amount of power, or do the Autobots just not think/care that much? Something else I'm not quite getting?

2. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    General consensus is it only revives primes and the bots have to be pretty much complete. As far as damage to Q, they kind blew his head off by way of removing his center torso (Mechwarrior anyone :D ).

3. Autobrand

Autobrand Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm guessing you missed the part where Que's body was blown to pieces and his head fell off?

Whenever a Transformer was brought back, his body had either been repaired (Megatron) or in whole enough shape to function (Sentinal Prime/Optimus Prime). Even Optimus was weak in ROTF until Jetfire sacrificed his parts for repair.

4. Facemeat

Hmm, I know it can only be used by a Prime (and Sam :tongue: ), but I don't remember it being said that it can only be used on a Prime.

EDIT: Clearly I didn't remember the Q scene too well, but let's just pretend I said Arcee in ROTF then. :lol 

And I don't mean revive them then and there on the battlefield, but wouldn't it be a good idea to try everything after the fact? They're clearly not like humans where death is always final, but they certainly act like they are. Couldn't Ratchet repair their bodies and then revive them? I mean, what the hell is he there for in the movieverse, anyway?

5. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Not to mention a spark had to be intact.

Optimus Prime crushed the Fallen's spark so there would be no chance of resurrection.

As seen with the Allspark mutations they would be alive but sparkless and feral.

6. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

I'm also guessing that's why
    Ironhide's destruction was so complete (he completely disintegrated!)
    in DOTM to make sure he couldn't just be revived by the Matrix.

7. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

So uhm, OP's spark was still intact after Megs blew a hole in his chest? Ahhhhh....another plot hole from ROTF

8. Facemeat

Like I said, some are obviously beyond repair (like Q, who I erroneously mentioned), but others may not be...it just doesn't even seem like they care to find out either way.

9. Facemeat

Oh, and lest we forget, Megatron was revived by an Allspark shard (see? I suck at remembering small details :lol  ) after getting the Allspark absorbed into his Spark. :tongue: 

10. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd like to see someone revive him now :lol 

11. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Megatron's spark was fried by the Allspark yet he was resurrected with a shard of it.

The Matrix was really just a copy made from the Allspark. Like Sari's key. Which is probably why it sought the Matrix as a new vessel.

12. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone made the comparison to a Miracle Max pill. It only works if your only mostly dead, not all the way.

13. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    ho ho ho look who knows so much! It apears that your freind is only mostly dead. If he's all dead there's normaly only one thing you can do.

Whats that?

Check his pockets for loose change...

14. NoleScream

NoleScream The Anti-Troll

I thought Optimus / Ratchet saying something about SP being "weak almost gone" not dead?

15. Facemeat

I'm fairly certain a direct, giant bladed hit to the chest (where the Spark chamber is located), followed by a big explosion, is absolutely lethal to any Cybertronian, so under that logic, Optimus should still be dead..."all the way" dead.

16. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My own theory involves the Matrix being the new Allspark. When the Allspark was destroyed it transfered it's knowledge and part of it's energy into Sam, making him a vessel of sorts. He was to find the Matrix and when the time was right, transfer the energy and knowledge. The Prime's core consciousness infused in the Matrix seemingly destroyed it so that it would be easier for Sam to bring it to Optimus' body. Once Megatron had thought he suceeded in killing Sam, the Prime's restored it and used part of the energy from the Allspark to revive Sam and left only enough to keep the knowledge intact and revive Prime leaving only a fraction of it's power. Why Prime wasn't fully revived by it. The parts and energon from Jetfire restored him completely and he was able to fight.

After RotF the power could almost be like a rechargable battery. Slowly building until it is fully restored. Using it on Sentinel once again drained it as it wasn't fully powered yet. So to ensure not completely draining it he can't just revive anyone. Furthermore, the body must be mostly intact and the an undamaged spark chamber. A little loosly defined but could make sense.

17. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    doesn't it have something to do with Energon?
    Lennox says something like "Energon is what these guys run on...and Sentinel here he's out of it. He's in kind of sleep mode."
    Plus in ROTF when they all went deep sea divng there the little crab doctor said "Shard make Energon!"
    So maybe it only works when they need a boost of Energon?

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Sentinel was only depleted of Energon, he wasn't chopped in have or blown to shreds.
    They said in the movie his spark was still intact. (since that's what the Matrix needed to merge with to revive him) He was dead, but his spark was not completely torn apart like Q's would have been.

The Matrix just gives energy. It can't reconstruct a robots head or body. (Optimus himself was barely able to stand because of his injuries, only when they repaired him with Jetfire's parts was he able to actually fight)

19. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

Whats doesnt make sense to me is how megatron had to be cryogenically frozen but when SP is brought back to earth (much higher temperature than space) he doesnt activate and needs the matrix to have that happen. I guess Megs has unlimited energon, but in DOTM he is too weak? Who knows? Also, they show SP wake up in the 60's in the freaking movie. (The eye scene). How did the cons hiding on the moon not run out of energon?

20. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I don't know, he's a strong 'bot. What a trooper!