Why don't people want to play the new maps??

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by GMANIFESS, Sep 18, 2010.

1. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What is it with the new maps constanty getting the veto?
    You paid for them, why wouldn't you want to experience them?
    I don't understand...

2. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I saw that happen a couple times. And I know they already have them considering that we played on a new map prior.

For instance, we play a game on Horizon, then Sector came up and people started to veto. I don't know if it was on purpose or they accidentally hit the veto button. Luckily others stuck to their guns and we played them all.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    there IS a legitimate reason for this:not everyone has the new maps, and if you don't have them a message will pop up and say "you can't play this"

that is why there are vetoes big time, there is no separation between players with the maps and players with no maps, and games are already harder to get into so people want to continue but can't if it is a map they don't have

4. kazuo4988

kazuo4988 Well-Known Member

Isn't it cause they don't have the new download content so they want to veto it and play on the original maps?

5. SolCross

SolCross Active Member

Yeah, I've been vetoing all night because I can't afford to get the new maps yet.

One of the few times I actually got the veto to go through, another DLC 2 map was selected. It sucked because I was with a good group, too.

6. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

In my experience, DLC maps often get vetoed because the people doing the vetoing don't have the DLC, meaning it's either veto the map or find a new game. That's what I've been doing because I don't have any of the DLC yet.

7. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So those that decided to pay, get punished for those that didn't....???
    So some may never get to play the maps they bought in multiplayer..??..wow.
    Lesson learned.

8. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

But people who could play regularly are now getting kicked off and have to pay to play. That's also not fair.

9. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

High Moon really messed that part up in my opinion. I've got both DLC packs, so it doesn't phase me that much, but they needed to make those MP maps playable for everyone. War for Cybertron is NOT as big as Call of Duty, they should have realized that not everyone was going to gobble up the DLC. They couldn't segment the population between the haves and the havenots either, because there wouldn't be enough for people to play period.

10. SolCross

SolCross Active Member

While I agree, I can see why they did it that way. The community isn't large enough to accommodate a sorting system that automatically groups people with those who have DLC 1 or 2 and those who don't. The very least it could do is send us to another group when it boots us, instead of sending us back to the Multiplayer menu to punish us for not giving them money.

I'd probably be more inclined to throw my money at them if they were up to date on fixing things like Mark Target on the Onslaught chasis.

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    so those who can't afford the price of the dlc are getting punished by being forcefully kicked out

seriously, it goes both ways, it sucks for all

12. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Take it up with the game developers. If they had seperate lobbies for those who have the new maps and those who don't it would be a lot better. I won't be buying the new maps as the online experience is flakey at best.

We shouldn't have to pay to have a decent online experience.

13. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But then I paid 9.99 in the last DLC for characters. The points is, they should have done this like in ROTF game, where the game first searched for people with the DLC if you had it.

14. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I veto them because I don't have any of the DLC and don't want to have to find another match. It's tough when the servers are this busy.

15. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You think its bullshit that you can't play your new maps?

I think its bullshit I have to buy the new maps or else I get kicked from every other game after I dumped $60 on the game already. They split the community way to early without regard for the player base. They should have tried to boost sales of the normal game with free content.

16. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no idea. When I first got it (about 5 minutes after it was on PS store) almost every person vetoed them.

17. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I sort of agree with this. I personally don't care about buying DLC after paying full price for a game, but in WFC case, the DLC isn't worth the price. 800 points? No, that's not how much you charge for a few new maps and characters that aren't even important. 800 points is a whole Xbox Arcade game. You can buy actual content DLC (new missions for games) for 400 or less for other games, but this one? The DLC price is way too steep.

18. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'd like to see them do a 5X money for DLC weekend. What would normally be one dollar, counts for 5. That way I can get both DLCs for $4. I'd buy them then.

You're post sums up my feelings on not getting the DLC. I already dropped 60 bones on the game, isn't that enough?

19. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I am pissed I spent a single dime on these map packs. I haven't played any of the new maps they get vetoed every time, a total waste of $20. On top of that, I haven't finished ONE SINGLE F^&%$^ game since I started playing yesterday. To top it off I haven't even received any of my points when the game ends from connection time out or a rage quit. I thought that bug was fixed??!?!? No XP at all on 5x XP weekend. I am done with this game, and I will not buy the second if they make one. Off to Buy Halo tomorrow, eff this game.

20. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I vetoed once when I didn't have a new map then realised I was doing what others did and remembered how I felt and stopped.
    But Pulse. OMG. It lagged for me but still. It was awesome.