Why doesn't SoundWave kill anyone? Beware of spoilers.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by DepthWave, May 20, 2012.

1. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    Ya, first step of mine dissapoinment thread.

Is it a taboo for him? His "way of ninja"?
    Does he expect them to be useful in some ways, is he thinking to have a mercy in return, if he or other Decepticons get to helpless condition?

Isn't is a treachery, to allow to live somebody, who will go on destroying fellow forces and resources?

2. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

He going to murder the hell out of Wheeljack, but then he had to save Laserbeak. So he is capable of it, he just doesn't bother if something more important peeks up.

3. DepthWave

News Credits:
    Well, I think in a way, that the Decepticons just don't want the Autobots and the humanity to go desperate, that's why the Cons are biding to an ultimate opportunity to destroy everything at once. But if it was so, they would have understood, that this "tactic" is a waste of time.

4. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

The Decepticons were ready to kill the Autobots quite a few times, when Knock-Out was gonna cut off Bulkhead's head, Dreadwing was gonna slice up Optimus, Airachnid was gonna skewer Arcee.

The problem is, there's always an interruption. The Decepticons never get the chance because someone always jumps in and stops them.

5. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    Didn't Soundwave kill some humans in the pilot? I don't remember.

6. TCJJ

TCJJ 105% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Beware of spoilers? Yeah, well, the thread title sure isn't a spoiler at all..... Geez.

7. DepthWave

News Credits:
    Meta777, their total bad luck is here too, but every time, when they are not interrupted, the Cons decide to go to the next point, leaving Autobots behind, even, if the extermination of them would cost just several seconds...
    Do you remember KnockOut kidpanned a teenager? He didn't kill him, thus, SW could perform the same.
    In case, if the discussion gets to the actions of the last episode.

8. megapork

megapork Cheese

I believe Soundwave doesnt kill anyone unless it furthers his objective. Basically he's the exact opposite of the main writers.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Uh....he's Batman?

10. DepthWave

News Credits:
    Who is "Batman"?

11. Bladewind

Bladewind Well-Known Member

The better question is why doesn't Soundwave kill everyone?

12. Amaya

Amaya Well-Known Member

I'm sure someone's mentioned it before, but it seems to me like Soundwave does precisely what Megatron tells him and doesn't take it upon himself to be imaginative—just in case. He could kill someone Megatron wanted alive for further uses or get sidetracked from the primary objective. Obviously, if an Autobot gets in the way of a mission he's not gonna avoid them. It's like how he doesn't talk—he doesn't need to. Keeps everything at a minimum.

The only explanation I could think of for letting Wheeljack live is that the artifact doesn't look like it kills immediately and Soundwave needed to rescue his drone ASAP. Jack wasn't a threat anymore.

Huh, I just remembered that Soundwave actually prevented Wheeljack's death once before. Remember when Screamer was gonna kick the crap out of him? That was interesting.

13. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Huh, that's a good point. Maybe Soundwave is gonna draw Jackie into a debt since he saved his life from angry Screamers.

14. DepthWave

News Credits:
    WheelJack was trying to kill SoundWave right several hours ago. He will not think of himself being in a debt.
    And WJ will remain a threat every further time he meets a Con: it is logical and right action to throw him off-line for good...And not a big deal to pick up your sword and cut his head off, even regarding his "minimalism".

It reminds me of a documentary film I saw: about a dinosaur, whose brain could make only one thought for one time. Do not know, how it is better to describe it.
    The plot was here: herbivorous dinosaur was eating his grass, then a predator came and tried to kill and eat the herbivorousist. Herb repulsed the predator's attack and instantly forgot about the threat, returning to eating the grass.
    The Predator stood up a minute later and attacked his prey again. And herb wan't prepared, because he was eating grass and coudn't think about anything else...This how every Decepticon does.

15. Bladewind

Bladewind Well-Known Member

Serious note, a friend of mine has constantly noted that Soundwave isn't all that logical.

She's pointed out places where he's been rather "playful" like when he took the picture of the kids and how he dealt with Arcee (there were MUCH worse places he could've sent her, he gave her a timeout when he could have flung her into space or sent her to the bottom of the ocean).

16. DepthWave

News Credits:
    To the ocean he couldn't. I think, the water would come in. Or couldn't that happen?

Yes, and from how Amaya and someone else have written,- SW doesn't really seem to display his own self.

17. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    a captured ally is more important than an opponent that's near death

18. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    I think Soundwave pulled the same trick Ratchet did with Laserbeak on WHeeljack, but this time a Locator to find the Autobot base.

Just wait until Wheeljack turns up at the base.

19. DepthWave

News Credits:
    caitlindevi, and I was thinking the opposite:"Why do not Decepticons perform anything, that the Bots are ready to perform every time".

And I was even thinking, that if Cons had discovered the Bots' virus, they could send to the Autobots faked-up coordinates of non-existent relic and lead them to a trap.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think there is something in his personality that rather humiliate his foe rather than being unimaginative like Starscream and just killing someone.

If Soundwave had wanted to kill Arcee that time he could have just opened the space bridge to an active volcano, the edge of the Grand Canyon, or the middle of an ocean. Instead he dumps her somewhere that is humiliating but not all that dangerous.

Wheeljack is down and out before they bring the Laserbeak signal back so it wouldn't have taken but a second or two to do like Starscream and just kill him. But instead it's almost like Soundwave wanted Wheeljack to live with the memory of the big bad Wrecker was beaten by Soundwave.

If Soundwave wants to do more than just kill his enemies then he's hardly the first fictional villain with a goal of more than just kill that other guy.