Customs: Why doesnt Micheals/hobby stores carry Testors acrylic paints?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Galvatron_Sama, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Galvatron_Sama

Galvatron_Sama Well-Known Member

The Walmart in my area used to carry only couple of colors of Testors acrylic paints and in sets. they like discontinued it like last yr. The Michaels and the hobby store near me dont carry Testors acrylics ONLY enamels. UGH. The only place I can get Testors acrylic is online.

2. -Barricade-

-Barricade- Forza Ferrari!

News Credits:
    The Michaels we have is right next door to WM and they both sell testors paints and I think they even get kyosho at Michaels here but not sure.
    In the past I have asked if they could order things, and they have actually done it, so maybe give that a try.

Good luck :) 

3. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

They do because Michael's is a HOBBY shop and Wal-Mart is a RETAIL shop and doesn't give a Rat's ass about it.

4. Galvatron_Sama

Galvatron_Sama Well-Known Member

like i said , it seems my local Michaels carries only the enamels than acrylics

5. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Yeah, mine too. I have to order the acrylics online, not that it's that much of a hassle to do, but it'd be nice to have the option for you know, to browse or whatever.

6. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    I almost ordered online BUT there is 1 good hobby shop in my city.....they had 'em.....I bought 'em.
    Check your yellow pages under Hobby.

7. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Micheals sucks for model stuff. Hobby Lobby carries a serviceable selection Testors Model Master acrylics, though.

8. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    this too pisses me off. My Michaels only sells enamels and i really wouldn't mind buying online... accept that you have NO idea what color you're really getting...
    go to the Testor's site and click on a color, do they show you a sample of that said color? NO! stupid stupid stupid... $3 a bottle plus shipping to play a guessing game is not my idea of fun... sorry, that's my little bitch...

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    QFT. It seems that Hobby Lobby, AC Moore (for me since there isn't a Hobby Lobby nearby), and other specialty stores will be the future sources for me . . .

. . . once my current stockpile runs out :ev: