why doesnt hasbro release the FE voyagers as RID?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LordShockwave, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I'll take you up on that if I get to another Botcon in future. ;)  I think a lot of what's been seen from this side of the pond is sheer exuberance - we've had a bit of a drought whereby the last new releases were DOTM Deluxe Wave 4 and Masterpiece Rodimus at the back end of September. We've been going crazy waiting for new releases, so when Prime hit our shores earlier than expected (we first learned of it only a week ago), it stirred up a frenzy.

2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First I've heard of this, got a source?

3. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    We're speaking metaphorically.

I detailed in a previous post that I got my deluxes in December. Since then I have not seen any other Prime toys outside the initial two cases that TRU ordered, both being deluxe assortments. I have heard numerous other people around the country saying that they're unable to find Cliffjumper or the voyagers anywhere; some haven't even found Arcee and co.

Since the mainline comes out in a little over a month and they don't seem to be making any move to stock the voyagers it seems very likely that they will just never come out.

I reiterate: numerous people on this site have detailed situations similar to mine. Tis a very depressing day.

4. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

I live in Canada and we are most likely getting everything. :) 

In all seriousness, it's most probably that the states will be getting FE soon. It would be a huge surprise to me if they don't get anything.

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Well to my knowledge they haven't been sighted here to date... and I know for a fact none of the TRU stores in my area plan on getting any more First Editions at all (they removed the places for them)... the story is the same everywhere else I'm hearing from... and the Prime:RiD line starts next month. At this rate, any showing up stateside would be a fluke. Maybe not impossible, but chances are close enough to 'nil. Seems to be the general consensus. That's the whole reason for this thread, after all.

I don't think there was a "source" for Windcharger not getting released in the US either. He just wasn't.

6. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Unless my TRU is waiting until the mainline comes before they restock the FEs I find that unlikely.:( 

7. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I preordered the FE voyagers and Cliffjumper on BBTS yesterday. Starting to get nervous

8. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Over here Forbidden Planet were the only retailer to offer pre-orders on FE. So far it's not looking good. :( 

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, gotcha.

10. flamepanther

Ouch.

11. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Man, people are jumping to weird conclusions. Just relax. I'm sure Hasbro will get the FE toys distributed. TRU may have just gotten a preview release from Hasbro for Christmas and the FE will get a wider release later. I don't know where it was said that the release of the RID line meant that the FE couldn't be released too.

12. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    The point of the first edition was to get a few toys out before the main release. Since the main release is quickly approaching it seems unlikely they'll bother.

Statements about how FE was exclusive to TRU which implies a smaller production count don't help.

13. flamepanther

This. There's nothing weird about these conclusions. All the evidence points the same way. I would be thrilled to find out I'm wrong on this. :( 

14. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Still, it's not that big of a deal. RiD figures are cool too, and remember that Hasbro intends Prime to be a thing for quite a while. Maybe we all need to settle down here. Sure, I'd like that FE Voyager Optimus, but the alternatives aren't terrible either, they'll grow on you.

15. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I suppose. Still I really dislike that new Optimus and Bulkhead was freaking awesome.

Oh well, at least the second Vehicon is better than the first and Cliffjumper isn't too bad. The size issue bothers me though...

16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    If something happens, Hasbro would skip the rest of the first editions and move on to the RID line.

17. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I hope that's not the last we've seen of Bulkhead - I can't believe that Hasbro would give the 'main' toy for one of the core characters such a limited release. Of course it's mainly hope because I really want one! :( 

18. flamepanther

But you misunderstand! To Hasbro, the electronic one made out of clear plastic is the "main" toy!

19. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my local tru removed the fe pegs as well, but two weeks later, put them back and have had everything up to cliffjumper and the voyagers on them. this is in no way indicative that they won't get them in, they're just slower than here

20. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I must have missed that, I know OP and Megs are getting the new clear plastic versions (which I'm not a fan of :( ) but I wasn't aware of Bulky getting one too.