why doesnt hasbro release the FE voyagers as RID?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LordShockwave, Jan 21, 2012.

1. LordShockwave

LordShockwave Harold of Power.

News Credits:
    I don't know if im the only one that thinks this but the new RiD optimus prime voyager just looks crap. i mean the grey torso, and all the clear plastic. it looks like it might be released in a later wave or a sub-line. Why can't they just repackage the first edition optimus prime so the whole world can get it? not just canadians and people who want to spend a fortune on ebay

2. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    People are shelling out good money for the Takara version because of the gray waist, that's an improvement.

Clear plastic, I'm with you.

I'm sure they'll release them at some point, if recent retail preorders are any indication, they'll release the DLX Bumblebee and Starscream in a two pack.

3. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Nobody wants something repackaged. It won't sell, and coupled with Optimus being over-packed, you've got an insta-shelfwarmer. Better to make adjustments and put something new out than have a repackaged toy sitting there.

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Nobody in the US would even know, since they've never seen it in the FE package to begin with. I don't think people outside the States realize what happened here, and they think we're exaggerating. I've seen one Prime toy on store shelves, one time only. After I bought it, the store removed the Prime FE peg from the wall. As far as most people are concerned, this entire line does not have a release here.

EDIT: And by "one toy" I don't mean one kind of toy. I mean literally one, single, individual toy, by itself.

5. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I dunno about rereleasing the FE Voyagers, but I for one would gladly pay 3-5 dollars less for a voyager/powerizer prime with no electronics or unnecessary clear plastic.

6. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

My closest TRU is about 2 hours away (wish I could have afforded to pick up more than just Arcee!)... if it weren't for TFW2005, I'd have no clue there even were toys. All the stores around me still have the old DOTM stuff (meaning... everything before Air Raid) and the last pegwarmers of Generations (Skullgrin, Kup)... been like this for months. Kinda glad though, cause I tend to make a whole lot less money during the winter months.

I sure hope these get a mass release soon. Am I reading that the First Edition toys are actually different from what's going to be the mass-release versions? Cause that would REALLY suck.

On the other hand, I'm thrilled for you Euro fans. Jealous, yes, but very happy for you.

7. flamepanther

I'm lucky enough to be 30 min from one, but it hasn't helped. This one still has about eight pegs of nothing but RotF Sea Attack Ravage.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    I might be, if they weren't busy expressing their complete and utter lack of sympathy.

8. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's difficult to have sympathy when you see someone having a hissy-fit because they have to wait a month or two for a toyline, forgetting that they usually have it MUCH better than collectors in other countries. Even moreso when they claim some sort of 'entitlement' on the basis of a company's nationality.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  9. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I'm.. almost resigned for the RiD Prime instead of the FE, but he does have some huge backpack. Couldn't these panels at least fold in half or something?

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i don't understand the rid prime looking so bad, the fe's mold is perfect, it's like taking rotf prime off the shelves and replacing it with movie 1, makes no sense, i'll stick with the fe one

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Because they don't have electronics.

12. flamepanther

We aren't "waiting a month" for the FE voyagers. We aren't getting them, ever. If you don't know what's going on in another region, maybe don't comment on it?

13. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sheesh, you really need to chill out and not jump down my throat, ok? We're not getting the FE Voyagers either.

14. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    What is this waiting a month thing? On December...I can't remember but it was probably around the 16th. I went down and picked up the first three deluxes. I checked back over the next couple of weeks but Cliffjumper, and voyager Optimus and Bulkhead never showed.

Now it looks like we'll probably never get them in my area so I have to settle for the inferior RID Optimus and Cliffjumper. The Bulkhead will also be inferior in all probability.

Yeah the new line comes out next month and I'm willing to wait. The issue is that it appears some toys will just never come to my neck of the woods and I'm upset about that.

Yes, I feel your pain and I sincerely sympathize. It's just frustrating that we won't get these evidently awesome toys.

15. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The month comment was referring to RID and it's UK release, which seems to be a contributing factor to events.

16. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Oh, I thought you were saying that we'll get them eventually while you won't. The reality is that neither of us will probably ever get them.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

17. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No worries man. :)  Yeah, it's a bit of a pain that neither of us will get them, but I guess we can't win them all! :( 

18. flamepanther

I know that, and that's not cool. And it's not about you specifically either. Rather, I've seen this sentiment repeatedly, and for a long time, even when the thread topic has nothing to do with the UK or with lousy distribution at all. There seems to be a lot of misdirected resentment toward the US fans, and it really does lessen the sympathy I would have for you guys over the crappy treatment you usually get. Today I just got really tired of it, is all.

19. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a valid point, I think sometimes it could be handled better on both sides of the pond. :( 

20. flamepanther

Agreed. Truce? If plane tickets weren't out of my price range, I'd offer a beer. :)