Why does Universe Cyclonus look like junk, despite the awesome pics shown previously?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dilectus, Oct 2, 2008.

1. dilectus

dilectus Well-Known Member

Does anyone else hate Hasbro as much as I do? All they care about is ripping kids off making repaint after repaint, but when they have an outstanding mold they screw it up. I loved Cyclonus with his silver wings and bunny ears, but having seen Hasbro's official paint job, it's like they just didn't feel like painting it. Don't they have any devotion whatsoever to the fans? Looks like I'm going to have to get the Henkei version afterall. Burn in Hell, Hasbro.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Your hilarious. Do you do parties, corporate events or weddings? I would pay top dollar for comedy like this.

3. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

While I'll admit that they photoshopped those early pictures more than usual, I think that hating on Hasbro is overreacting.

The mold itself still looks awesome, though. I'm still getting it. So what if it's paintjob isn't perfect?

4. dilectus

dilectus Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to be funny. I have legitimate reasons to hate Hasbro and if you disagree then keep your (also unfunny) sarcasm to yourself. The truth is lately they are consistently disappointing the fans, not only with poor color schemes but with bad paint applications on figures such as Universe Prowl and presumably Ironhide. We as fans should not HAVE to lower our standards because of Hasbro's half-assed paintjobs.

5. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:

My universe prowl is fine, as is my friends. Guess we hit the jackpot with the two lucky draw perfect paint editions.

6. solitudinal

solitudinal /B/anned

News Credits:
    I'm still going to buy 2 of him. And eventually his Henkei version. <3 Cyclonus. Geewun Cyclonus, not the dumbass in Headmasters and the comics.

7. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Someone forgot their Thorazine today I see....

8. Zipdisk

Zipdisk Seven Color Carrot

Way I see it, like any line, there are hits and misses in this one. Hating Hasbro is pretty extreme. The Animated line is consistently amazing to me and I have no complaints about the Classics 2.0 Figures I've purchased so far. I will be buying Cyclonus, to go with my Galvatron (another figure that has been much maligned but that I like) and will pray for a Scourge to complete the trio. And yeah, I probably will get the Henkei version as well, which I will NOT do for the Galvatron, unless they go and chrome out every piece that looks unpainted in the Hasbro release. All I'm saying is: you might not like some of the things Hasbro has done lately, but one line is no reason to hate the entire company and their treatment of the property. Besides, hatred takes way too much energy, save the hate for something that deserves it, like; fire ants, gas prices, faithless friends, The Love Guru, bubblegum in hair, rogue elephants, taxation without representation, global warming, mass extinctions, wandering planets, black holes, Nazis or Alien Invaders.

9. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
  10. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Could always just start begging for a night attack repaint since his mold is one of the rare ones that won't work for other characters.

Though I too need the cyclonus armada he heralds. Galvatrons army of sweeps and cycloni

11. Shadow Convoy

Shadow Convoy Stealth Ops Commander

Ebay:
    imo we should be grateful hasbro is giving us these toys. i mean come on, updated versions of the toys we love? i for one loved the fairlady molds and to get them "updated" is pure awesome for me.

12. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

Wow,I can't believe this guy was talking smack to our admin.But on the other hand it gives Hasbro an excuse to make a new repaint.I personally don't think it is that bad.But what do I know I'm auctioning off all my G1 TF's to buy a house.They are only toys if you don't like it don't buy it is all I can tell you.But personally Hasbro has been a huge part of everyones lives on here.

That is why you were given free choice buddy!Hasbro an evil corperation?(yes)but what corperation isn't?It is called marketing at least they are starting to take more of an interest in what fans are looking for now.You would not get this in the 80's.

On another note I hate Hasbro for what they stand for....(greed)but I love thier toys.(so I must be on the greed band wagon why don't you join us?!)

13. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Cyclonus looks fine. Maybe not as great as the photoshop, but really, these are still just toys for children.

14. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    I don't see what's stopping you from painting the toy yourself when you get it.

15. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    This looks like a job for the Radicons...

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh goody, another "Hasbro hates us and DON'T YOU DARE disagree with me!" post. It must be Friday. :) 

I guess Hasbro just needs to never let images of hand-painted protos out, so there's less "OMG they LIED to us!". I guess I'm one of the few that appreciate nowadays they have the official photos of the prototype, and later the actual toy. They used to not do that.

17. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    Fact of the day: Paint costs money to apply, thus, when a toy hits production, hasbro can't always make it look exactly like the hand painted prototype. They have to keep manufacturing costs down to a minimum. I bet they had all intentions to make it look like in the sample pictures, but it just didn't fit into the budget.

See it like this, would you rather have NO Cyclonus? ;) 

18. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    This is exactly what I was thinking too. I intend to repaint the face of the new Ironhide figure when I get it as well. So they screwed up the paintjobs? Big deal. That's what Testors paint and a good brush is for!

19. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i have all the current tfu's that have come out so far, and i have NO complaints at all. there may be a few paint apps messed up, but you get that same thing with takara, i mean no way you can expect perfection.

20. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    If you hate Hasbro, why on EARTH are you buying their products?

Seriously people, you can't act like the things you like about Transformers, or Transformers themselves, are separate and somehow despite Hasbro, while the flaws and things you dislike are entirely their fault. Y'know what? It's ALL Hasbro. Good and Bad. Yes, and Takara, too, but this isn't 1984, and these aren't all molds Hasbro bought the rights from from Takara.

Saying you hate Hasbro, all the while eagerly awaiting their next product, makes you sound like a child having a temper tantrum at their parents.

If you really hate Hasbro, vote with your dollars and stop supporting their products. If you like their products, and want to buy them, then be honest with yourself: You don't hate Hasbro. You hate the decision somebody made during the final production phase of this toy as to which paint applications to use.

If you end up liking the Henkei version better, then fine, buy it. But don't make like that's some sort of terrible punishment, either. Hasbro co-developed that mold with Takara, and both companies share in the profits from its use.

If you don't like the colorscheme of a toy, either don't buy it, or do and take the time to paint it to your standards. Express your disappointment if you like. But stop making it some kind of moral thing. It's not. It's a TOY.