Why does the fight end when the main Villain dies?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Meggamus, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

In all the transformers movies the battle has ended as soon as the main Villan has died , but why?? Ok in tf1 all the others had been killed and screamy went back to space but in rotf as soon as the fallen died the battle stopped , what about all the protoforms that were fighting , not to mention the constuctacon clones ? Why didn't they carry on cos I don't think they knew that the fallen had died cos they were elsewhere in the desert
    Then in dotm , Meggs and sentinel were defeated and the battle ended , like rotf there were many many protoforms and those flying jets all around the city, what happened to them why did they stop fighting ??

Its something that has occurred to me and wanted to get other views on it cos maybe there's something in missing ?

2. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Errr... Maybe the unmissable Jets bombing the entire area in ROTF and in DOTM when the Decepticons get sucked up to Cybertron and Exploding as they crashed and Cybertron collapsing in on itself might have had something to do with it.

3. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Bacause there's nobody to lead them. Without a leader, the soldiers become confused and disoriented.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In DOTM all the ships and stuff teleported back, for who knows why.

DOTM definitely had the most sudden ending. It was like ACTION ACTION ACTION ACTION KILL KILL ACTION EXPLOSION ACTION END

5. Meggamus

I thought of that but how would they kno instantly . Eg wen sp and megs died the war was over ,but wat about all the other protoforms fighting around the city, they woulda carried on fighting cos they wouldntve known that they were without a leader as soon as sp and Meggs died

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's part of the problem you get when your only ideas on how to end a movie is to kill off enough of the bad guys to call it an ending. Then combine that with you have to have a happy ending because the film has been tested to death with a test audience and the added writing pressure of the films have to be self contained because the director doesn't like cliffhangers.

This the main bad guy is dead so it's all over has been a problem going back a long way in Hollywood so Transformers is not the first or the last film series to have this problem. In Star Wars it's pretty much over when they chunk the Emperor down a shaft even though it's a galactic empire that has to have more than just one fleet of ships. Yet somehow we are to believe that all the planetary governors freed all the planets and all the Imperial garrisons turned over their arms when the second Death Star went boom because George Lucas added that party all over the universe scene.

7. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    That's the way it is.

8. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

To add a sense of closure i guess, thats how it is with most movies.

9. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

That wasn't the ONLY reason for their demises, on ROTF we could see:

- The desert bombing that knocked down a good chunk of the 'Con soldiers [though they probably survived, it's probable that they were finished off by the Autobots right after]]

- Devastator got blown up, which means they just loss their juggernaut, comparing to human military, is like losing all of your tanks.

- The Fallen [their ultimate leader] being killed and the Harvester being destroyed, which made the whole battle useless for them [as there was no longer a reason to fight].

- Megatron and Starscream falling back, given those two are the leaders of the Decepticon Army [while The Fallen is more of a political leader], that definitely made the other 'Cons retreat too.

- Big names like Mixmaster, Long Haul and Rampage were killed off.

In short, the 'Cons:
    - Lost all the high-ranking soldiers.
    - Had Most of their troops killed off.
    - Had the thing they were fighting for destroyed.
    - Their leaders are retreating.
    [Plus, more humans ally were coming] That's definitely a defeat.

DOTM is even worse:

- They lost one Mothership [by the hands of Wheelie and Brains], which not only means that a very large piece of their air forces was destroyed [is like losing a giant Aicraft carrier], but also that the humans have more chances to invade their city now.

- They lost The Driller, one big juggernaut.

- Some moments after, Megatron's right hand man [Soundwave], one of THE most important leaders got killed off.

- And then the highest-ranking soldier in the army [Barricade].

- Then another major figure died [Shockwave].

- And then Megatron's right hand-man [Starscream].

- Optimus and his 'Bots were seen crossing Chicago while putting down countless Decepticons in their path, it would be hard to regroup after that.

- Their ultimate leader [Megatron] and the OTHER leader [Sentinel Prime] died.

- Their objective was yet again completely destroyed [The Pillars].

- To boot, some of their Motherships were sucked into a black hole, which means they pretty much lost control of the sky at this point [and their control in land is dubious, given the Autobots obliterated a big part of them to get to the Pillars].

- Humans reincorcements are on their way.

In summary:
    - All of their military leaders are dead.
    - All of the high-ranking soldiers also dead.
    - Around three or four Motherships were destroyed, do they have any aircraft LEFT after that?
    - The troops are scattered across Chicago and can't regroup due the Autobots presence and lack of a leader.
    - Their whole plan was twarthed, which made the whole battle useless from that point on.
    - Had lost almost all control of the sky.
    - Humans are coming.

Which leaves us with pretty much some Protoforms scattered across Chicago without anyone to lead, its probable that chaos ensued in that occasion [as they didn't know WHO should lead now]: Some groups said "Screw this, I'm outta here!" and ran for their lives, some other groups tried to fight the Autobots off with no success, some OTHER groups fought each other off for the command.

In other words, general anarchy.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The idea of oh movies over because bad guy's dead is the worst thing about Bayformers.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Standard Hollywood trope. Just roll with it.

12. Meggamus

Ye I guess , jst to me after all three movies especialy dotm I was like "oh and the dozens of other battles goin on all round the city jst stopped? hmmm?"

13. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

So you guys are just going to ignore the complicated analysis I did for those battles? Okay then.

14. Jetcracker54

Jetcracker54 Fire Truck

its ok balder i understood what you meant, some people just choose to ignore the wise to insult Micheal Bay

15. Meggamus

Your complicated analysis does make sense and we do appreciate the effort u put into it :thumb  (I kno it sounds like I am being sarcastic but I'm not ) but I'm saying the fights were full on even wen the final battle started so they all ended at the same time (I doubt it)
    I understand what u said it jst seems a coincidence IMO

16. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

This happens in a lot of movies to be honest. It even happened in the original Star Wars trilogy.

17. SwerveGears

SwerveGears The King of Victory

News Credits:
    Because Optimus $%&#ed up all of the Decepticon's and their faces, nonexistant or otherwise.

18. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

To summarise...

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Well I found some of it to be a bit faulty like "- The desert bombing that knocked down a good chunk of the 'Con soldiers [though they probably survived, it's probable that they were finished off by the Autobots right after]" It's kind of a big assumption that they survived when all we have to go is the film that didn't show them after the bombing run to say any of them made it.

Some of it also seemed like when Star Wars fans were saying you could tell so much about the bounty hunters from just that one scene in the Empire Strikes Back. Sometime when fans like something they read more into it than the production team meant. The Decepticons didn't seem to have a deeper meaning than to just get shot, blown up, or ripped apart by the Autobots and their allies. More of what might look cool than anything deep to the scenes.

You put a lot of thought into it and applied logic to it, but you might be thinking about it harder than the people who made the movies.

20. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    What everyone is saying is correct. There are reasons for he battle to end each time. Although realistically, each battle would have had a few stragglers here and there after the climax.

However, from a storytelling perspective, each movie got worse and worse about ending right on the climax without enough epilogue. Compare how much happens after Megatron's death in the first movie to the end credits (which even had extra scenes in them, including a sequel hook) to how quick we go from Sentinel's death to the credits.