Why does RiD Grimlock act the way he does?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by BumblebeeFan71, Nov 4, 2015.

1. GrimlockPrimal

GrimlockPrimal Mini-Dino

Aligned is dead and FoC is not canon with Prime, that's why NuRiD Grimlock acts the way he does. :p 

/thread

2. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

Well that's the easy answer. I even flat out and said that in the opening post. But I like to dicuss the interesting ways to connect the continuties, personally I blame it on my creative author side that wants to build the bridge that Hasbro wanted to build and have up on.

Hence why I made this topic, to discuss the interesting ideas of how the two could connect together, despite knowing the obvious answer.

3. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes I know this is bringing back a necro-thread and possibly doing this :horse:  but I had another plausible theory about Grimlock.

RID Grimlock is a clone of the original Grimlock. Whose responsible for the cloning? Well we could say 'Shockwave did it' (Which I may use for a sig) or the council wanted to study the Dinobots. However, they didn't want to deal with the original 5 because FOC Grimlock and the rest of the Dinobots could wipe the floor with them without even trying so they made their own Dinobots via cloning and such. However, they were just as problematic and placed on the Alchemore.

4. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I prefer to seperate the cartoons from the damn games. Trust me, it makes sense.

5. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

Oh don't get me wrong, I think the Aligned continuity is a huge mess. This topic was kind of made to see the interesting ideas on how to connect the two like how Hasbro originally wanted. Once again I blame my creative writer side that wants to see the interesting possibilities.

6. SimbaTron

SimbaTron Black Transformers fan

News Credits:
    I brought the thread back even though it’s my first time commenting on here but what if every T-Rex Transformer is named Grimlock and every stegosaurus is called snarl.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Optimum Supreme

Optimum Supreme Go boom!

And every triceratops is named Slag no matter how may feeble foreigners can't handle it.

(whoa, sorry, didn't realize how old this was, least someone bumped it first and not me!)

8. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

I still like to try and piece the cartoon and games together. Here's a theory: between the events of the Beast Hunters comic and the RID2015 cartoon, Grimlock and the other Dinobots had been prominent leaders in the post-war Cybertronian government. However, when Cyclonus and his lackeys came into power, they used their mind-altering abilities to essentially shadowplay Grimlock and the Dinobots, and implant false memories in them. Reduced to the mental state of children and with no memory of the fearsome warriors they once were, they were no threat to Cyclonus' machinations, but he still had them imprisoned under false pretenses as a precaution. The first test of their abilities of mass-hypnotism was to force the Cybertronian citizens to forget the Dinobots and their role in the war, and in governing Cybertron.

As a side note, I'd like to see a Regeneration One style comic series, but for Transformers: Prime/Transformers: Robots in Disguise. They could call it "Transformers: Realigned" and have it bridge the gap between Prime and RID, while also giving explanations for the changes between Prime/RID and WFC/FOC.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blue18

Blue18 Active Member

Because RID was made for a younger audience. One should not destroy the children mentally. * cough * * other "kids" series like Spongebob not to mention *
    When I saw the RID version for the first time, my head came pretty close to the table top.

10. SimbaTron

SimbaTron Black Transformers fan

News Credits:
    It was the Brits who complained because "Slag" here in the UK means a hoe athough I do live in the UK and i still call him slag.

11. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aligned continuity family - Transformers Wiki (scroll down to "Clashing Visions"). I'm starting to sound like a broken record putting up this specific link :p 

Btw, the creative writers are not at blame here for wanting to pursue their own stories. Hasbro is completely at fault for not stepping up and organizing this better. Hasbro should have said: "Love your idea, but it HAS to fit within these criteria. No negotiating on this ..." from the get-go.