Why does Optimus memory push back to that time?shouldn't he know megs bad?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by exoduselita, Jan 6, 2012.

1. exoduselita

exoduselita CHRIS HUMPHRIES!!!!

I don't get it. His memory was pushed back to Megatronus but before he received the matrix of leadership, didn't he already figure Megatron was evil? If since he lost Memory when he held matrix why he lose some before. I was pretty sure before he received the matrix, megatron already turned his back on him, and then Optimus finds matrix and then retreives it.

Is ther something I'm missing?

And if there is a thread like this I'm sorry. Just deal with it! :)  smiley are fun!

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I don't think there's a thread like this either but I could be wrong. Yeah he did knew Megatron was evil before he recieved the Matrix but it seems that using it must have pushed his memprys back even further. However Optimus's loss of memorys didn't effect his ideals and judgement so there's a VERY stong chance that he'll see Megatron for who he really is again just like the first time around.

3. exoduselita

I agree. He'll see his agressiveness and evil doings and that will be end of it :) 

4. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, great, a remake of "war dawn!" I liked that G1 episode.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    How is it a remake of War Dawn? I mean the Orion from the G1 era never really knew Megatron personally while the Prime Orion knew Megatron well enough to know he's not right in the head.

6. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I truely don't know why Optimus' memory pushed back to when he was Orion Pax when he was friends with Megatronus/Megatron but I believe the memory was pushed back to before Megatronus became evil and when Orion and he were still friends.

7. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While the release of the Matrix's power did make Optimus forget his time as Prime, maybe the loss of too much energy caused damage to his system and he subsequently loss more or his memory, going all the way back to when he and Megatronus were allies.

8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Please refer to ALL of the episode discussion threads...and read them. You won't have any more questions...or if you do..at least it won't be something we've discussed for over a year.

Here are the first 10 episodes links to get you started...then you can SEARCH for the rest. :thumb 

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-prime-discussion/344474-transformers-prime-episodes-1-2-darkness-rising-parts-1-2-discussion.html?highlight=episode

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-prime-discussion/345558-transformers-prime-episode-3-darkness-rising-part-3-discussion.html?highlight=episode

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-prime-discussion/345743-transformers-prime-episode-4-darkness-rising-part-4-discussion.html?highlight=episode

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-prime-discussion/345925-transformers-prime-episode-5-darkness-rising-part-5-discussion.html?highlight=episode

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-prime-discussion/368334-episode-6-masters-students-discussion-spoiler-alert.html?highlight=episode

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-prime-discussion/371483-episode-7-scrapheap-discussion.html?highlight=episode

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-prime-discussion/374024-episode-8-con-job-discussion.html?highlight=episode

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-prime-discussion/376969-episode-9-convoy-discussion.html?highlight=episode

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-prime-discussion/379891-episode-10-deus-ex-machina-discussion.html?highlight=episode

9. ken8kuhletz08

ken8kuhletz08 JKC

News Credits:
    This pretty much sums up this thread. :D 

10. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I doubt Orion knew what Megatron was going to do until after he was bestowed the matrix. We saw Megatron walking away when his eyes turned red. iirc Orion wasn't watching him.

11. dirgestone

dirgestone Banned

At one point the two were friends. HOWEVER I am thinking that Prime is actually aware and wants to get into the Decepticon base to destroy them from within.....wishful thinking

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If Optimus were a machine expunging data, I’d agree with your assessment in that his memory should have gone back to a fixed point: the point where he ceased being Orion Pax and became Optimus Prime. But Optimus isn’t a machine; he’s a sentient being suffering from memory loss. I know next to nothing about memory loss, but I find it hard to believe that it always goes back to a fix point. I imagine memory fragmented and out of order waiting for something trigger moments of dejavu to help one make sense of the maze they’ve been placed in, having a guide, I’m sure, would help quite a bit—Megatron will undoubtedly take advantage of this if given the chance, as he’ll likely remind Optimus, er…Orion, of all the good they accomplished together. Though I’m sure Megatron’s pride, disgruntled followers, Orion’s other friends and circumstances will likely light the dark path before Orion.

13. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

Agree totally with this!

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Agreed, I think that will be the whole point of the arc where his memories are gone - that he is Optimus Prime through and through, and that his core ideals remain intact and opposed to Megatron's even now.

One might even speculate this this is the part we were teased on so long ago: where we learn about what it means to be a Prime. We're going to see it happen firsthand.

15. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure we will find out why his memories were lost up to before the meeting of the council.

jD001

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How do we know those memories are gone? As it stands, he doesn't remember being Optimus Prime, events that took place after meeting the High Council.

I think we already know why he doesn't remember being Optimus Prime, as it was stated the Wisdom of the Primes is what defeated Unicron. Optimus being a Prime too would have lost something as well, as he gained wisdom after becoming a Prime.

Optimus' return could also mean Unicron's return too, and this just might be when the major character said to die will take place.

Interviews with those behind the show shows that all involved like all main characters way too much to kill one (easily); however, not much was said about the human characters and Unicron (who is pretty major). He's too dangerous to be left alive, which is why I think it makes sense to kill him off. His death will forever leave him in Earth's core, which is what the Autobots, Decepticons, well, Megatron anyway and humanity wants. I wouldn’t be too surprised if a few characters (humans included) experience a Transformation, which is sort of like killing who they once were. Silas, anyone?

17. exoduselita

No it doesn't because those have nothing to do with my question :( 

18. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

The Matrix was the collective wisdoms of the PRIMES.
    Optimus was a PRIME. Thus he also sacrificed all the memories he has had scince he became a prime, therefore all he remembers is being orion pax.

19. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I, and I'm sure many others, have said several times before that Prime's memory loss has to do with him using the Wisdom of the Primes to defeat Unicron, but that's answering the question asked by the OP, which is why can't Orion see Megatronous for what he is, as he started fighting those who opposed him before Orion journeyed to Cybertron's core.

Did Megatronous utter the words "Peace through tyranny" while standing before council and Orion Pax?

However, given that Orion calls Megatronous "Megatronous" and not Megatron should tell us that he doesn't recall what happened before he Megatronous changed his name, which is odd.

20. exoduselita

Exactly! It is odd. I was wondering that shouldn't he have just lost memories as prime not some as Orion?