Why does it bugs you the lack of Paint Apps on DOTM Toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by eagc7, Nov 29, 2011.

?

does it bug you or not

1. Yes it Bugs me!

38.2%
  2. No it doesnt

29.4%
  3. Well there are some toys that the lack of paint dont bug me, but the other toys need paint apps!

32.4%
  1. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    (notes: i jsut added a poll for fun :p )

i am been hearing many complaints of TF Collectors on DOTM Toys and one of their complains beign the lack of Paint App on DOTM toys (Um Like Bee legs not beign painted Grey or black like previous molds, Sideswipe and Soundwave not beign Silver, etc etc) Why is the lack of paint app to imporant to ppl (i respect ppl opinions and if they dont like that hteres no paint app its okay, but i just wanna knoow)

i am myself never cared of the Paint apps for me all that its important is to have the Mold itself (i have some toys that have some problems on their Paint apps or have a small paint on where its not soppused to be, but i never cared) as long its not broken or anything

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    While minute paint details are something i worry about, It can be annoying when a toy is missing a neccesary paint app (Ex. RTS Jazz missing his tailights) or when a figure is casted in grey plastic when it needs to be silver. DOTM sideswipe just looks so unfinished, its just the effect created by being casted in that color of grey plastic

3. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Paint aps (or lack thereof) are fairly low on my list of complaints about the DotM line.

4. SolidSnake2017

SolidSnake2017 Well-Known Member

Paints apps were one of the things that the movie line had over the others. THe movie premiums were gorgeous. its obviously a budget issue and yeah paint is probably the least important thing to make a good toy good but it does hurt the figures a bit. I've purchased some molds that I've been lukewarm about because of great paint. I'm not a fan of the classics seeker mold but Generations Thundercracker is beautiful with its great apps.

5. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I cant stand the paint apps on DOTM figures. Plenty of good figures but the lack of paint is just a shame. Granted this is worse on some figures compared to others. Some toys just have 1 mode that looks kind crappy due to a lack of paint.

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Roadbuster DEFINITELY suffers in bot mode due to this.

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I am always concerned when people don't show any concern for a total lack of paint on something like Voyager Optimus Prime's wheels. (even Prime Optimus still has not paint on his wheels).

It might be fine on the odd car as sometimes they might have black hubs and I actually like the black hubs on ROTF Mudflap & Skids & Barricade & even RTS Jazz.

But a toy that cost £22.00 having unpainted wheels disgusts me.

The really bizarre thing is Shockwave's wheels ARE PAINTED.

I would suggest Hasbro go back to the old Snake Eyes trick and use one a small portion of the toys with less paint to pay for the things like silver paint that has been missing a lot lately.

A good example of a useless paint ap is the bonnet logos on the Transformers Trilogy cars.

Another paint ap I missed the lack of other than all those wheels is the checker pattern and brown stripe on the Walmart/Sainsbury's exclusive Sideswipe & Bumblebee.

It wound me up that DOTM SKIDS & MUDFLAP are missing so many paint application in their robot modes as they are already super tiny - a bit of paint might have made up for that.

Not i'm not going to cry that much (other than about the wheels) as I actually enjoy painting them up a bit myself but it would be nice to not have to do it on 90% of the whole line.

Just look at Classics Wheeljack he's not got a lot of paint but it's all where it needs to be - the only extra I can see he needs is his exhaust pipes.

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    ^now for me, wheelhubs being painted is minute detail i can live without, and it doesn't bug me, but when Jazz is missing his headlights, which are neccesary for being a car, then it becomes a problem :lol  i think jazz is the only toy that a missing paintapp bugs me

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Legends jazz has not got his side windows painted that really bugged me.

10. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't mind little details, like the missing sponsors on the Wreckers or RTS Jazz's lack of a rear window, since they they can be fixed by Reprolabels, or things like unpainted wheel rims, since I can take care of those with Sharpies, but I absolutely hate missing paint on figures like DOTM Sideswipe and Soundwave who should be silver but are ugly grey.

11. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

Only if it makes the whole toy look bad. Most of the time it doesn't bother me

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I couldn't care less about paint. Obviously Sideswipe and Soundwave would look a hell of a lot better with a nice silver paint like HA Jazz but I have better things to worry about than paint on a child's toy.

13. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Typically, the lack of paint apps on the DOTM toys doesn't bother me all that much. Sure, Bumblebee has no paint dedicated to his robot mode aside from the head, but it's not a huge problem. Thundercracker I can't really think of any paint he may be missing. Heck, Sentinel Prime I'm sure could use a little more than what he has. (especially the Voyager)

But then you have figures like Megatron and Sideswipe, where the limited paint apps really hurts what is an otherwise good toy and may even drive people away from them.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yes.

DOTM Megatron and Sideswipe are by far the worst offenders in the DOTM line for this. Granted they are fine toys, they don't look cool based on the dull unfinished paintjobs.

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'm bugged by the fact that the Hasbro version of DOTM Sideswipe isn't silver, so I'm going to get the Takara version instead.

Otherwise, I'm not bothered by the lack of paint apps.

16. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hadn't noticed, really don't care.

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The Takara DOTM Sideswipe is grey as well you realise ?

Speaking as a semi-completest Transformer toy buyer.

And I'd equate the lack of paint on wheel hubs with the ugly blob painted logos of 2002 - sure it's less important that some things but it depends on if you like to use toys in vehicle mode as well as robot mode and if you think if you are paying for these things and supporting the brand it's nice if they happen to be pleasant to look at (more towards Buster Prime and less towards an Unpainted Kabaya kit). Obviously people would be screaming louder if the robot modes had no paint on their faces. But I feel the wheel hubs look really cheap on Voyager DOTM or Voyager Prime - Optimus Prime - Also just look at that Ultimate Prime it cost a ton of cash ( or likewise Leader Bumblebee) and it's got unpainted wheels on it that's just naff, and a bit cheap and a bit nasty.