Why does Gamefly now suck?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by dmc2008, Jul 8, 2008.

1. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Umm, I've had Gamefly for a long time now, probably since they started. I was off for a while because they kicked me off after two games went missing in the mail. As in, they mailed them out and I never received them. I was pretty pissed off that I was penalized for either their bad or the USPS's bad, but still.. I guess I understand, because two games went missing not far apart.

Anyways, the last year or so has been pretty good with Gamefly until just recently. I NEVER get the game on my #1 spot, and often they would send me games from #6 or below. That is just wrong. I use my queue list to remember games that I may want to rent one day, but I leave them down on the list for a reason. So after two months of not really getting what I wanted, I decided to erase the games I didn't want and whittled my list down to five games:

Mario Kart Wii
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    The Bourne Conspiracy PS3
    GRID PS3
    Guitar Hero: Aerosmith PS3

I mailed back one of my games and what happened? Nothing. They received my game but now won't ship anything at all. They are all listed as "Low" availability, but what the fuck? If they can't provide me with any of these five games, what is the point of paying them?? I wonder what other games they don't have in stock...
    So yeah, wondering if anyone else is having troubles with them and whether or not it's worth my cash anymore..

2. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Ive never been into the whole mail away game/movie business and you just gave me good reason to stick to my decision.

3. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

Sounds like things have bot changed much to me, I only tried netflicks when i first started and it was the same way, I was only able to get the obscure movies i wanted on a regular basis. the game fly thing really never made since to me either.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

5 super recent, super popular games and wonder why they haven't sent them to you yet? Guitar Hero only came out last week, really, you should probably just excersize a little patience and work through your backlog.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  5. Lasbrook

Lasbrook Well-Known Member

I actually have to agree with twin twist.

I cancelled a few months back and never had much problem with them sending me new games. I only had to take special precaution once back at the release of the transformers game and the darkness (was borrowing a friend's ps3 so i could play them), i put them on the list BEFORE the release date and removed the chaff like you did. Worked like a charm.

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't know anything about Gamefly, but disimissing Netflix based on anyone's experience's with a different company is crazy. Netflix is AWESOME.

7. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Yes, Netflix is awesome. They sent me Gotham Knight today in the mail. Too bad it's utter crap so far :(