Why do you think Mikaela split up with Sam?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PrimesRule, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Because Megan Fox was fired...?

2. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Because according to DOTM Mikaela couldn't appreciate Sam for what he'd become - a whiny insecure smartmouth.

3. megapork

megapork Cheese

1. Mikaela is a slutty bitch.
    2. Sam's a shitty, whiny man-child.

4. ThatOneNerd

ThatOneNerd Wow, that's sax-y....

Because Megan Fox screwed up, got bitchy, and got fired.

But as far as the movies go, it's probably because Sam is no good at all whatsoever.

5. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I believe it was said in the movie that she didn't appreciate Sam and she was in it to be famous and when he stopped being important to the government she stopped being interested but it's still pretty complicated. Quick change or not, the writers needed to do better on the explanation.

jD001

6. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    This is just a dumb post. You do realize those definitions are Sam and Mikaela exactly, dont you?

Youre still stuck up Megan Foxes exhaust port... Dude shes married and her film career is all but over. All thats left for her is basically TV. She cant act and every movie not TF related shes been in has flopped. The last movie she starred in was so bad that it only made 4000 dollars on a 15 million budget.

Mikaela left Sam because Megan Fox is dumber in real life than her onscreen character.

7. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Every movie after TF, huh? Jennifer's Body recieved mixed reviews and did exceptionally well in the box office.

8. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    The film underperformed guy. If not for worldwide box office, they would have barely made the money back, it opened 5th its opening weekend, and Megan was still riding DOTMs box office success. The only reason ANYONE went to see it was to see Megan kiss Amanda.

Exceptionally well? 31 million is terrible for a.summer movie with a hot young actress. Breaking even domestically is considered flopping guy.

9. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    It didn't even come out during the summer, it was autumn.

Plus, you can blame Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs (most bizarre animated comedy on the planet) for Jennifer's Body's decent enough box office numbers.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Sorry but Jennifer's Body cost $16 million to produce and only managed to bring in $16 million at the domestic box office. The foreign box office wasn't much better at only $15 million. When you factor in the money spent on advertising that doesn't leave much if anything for a profit.

Her next big film was Jonah Hex that cost $47 million to produce. US box office was $10.5 million while it didn't have enough of a world wide release to only bring in $356,195.

Then there was Passion Play that made a grand total of $3,669.

Followed by Friends with Kids that made $7 million. So her box office total since Transformers has only been $34,006,652. Not exactly someone you would call a big box office draw.

11. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

Because she ran out of botox.

12. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think, she don't split up with him. Something split they. Maybe prison, maybe, auto accident or something like this. Sam was very sad (and not as if she break with him), when he see Mikaela's dog and ask gagged Wheelly, when he talk about Mikaela. And I cannot imagine girl, who would broke with Sam.

13. ThatOneNerd

ThatOneNerd Wow, that's sax-y....

lol nice...

14. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because Megan Fox was stupid.

Becasue Mikaela Sam could only connect when near death and only had one similarity which was giant robots. Honestlly she wasn't the best character.

15. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Megan = / Mikaela...... :cool: 

Mikaela a slut? Mikaela was not a slut whatsoever. I hate how that word gets tossed around so easily.

She was a high school girl originally dating a guy 'cause he was popular and hot, but not really happy because she couldn't be herself. There's no evidence to support her sleeping around or cheating on Trent or on Sam in either movie. In fact, she's fiercely loyal to Sam once they're together.

It comes down to the writers taking the easy and quick way out to write her character out of the third film - saying she broke up with Sam is the easy way to do things. If she'd been killed by 'Cons, Sam would still mourn her and they couldn't hook him up with Carly. That would have been better story wise, to have him mourning Mikaela and Carly as his friend, but they wanted easy - maybe because it was too late to work on the story when the incident happened with Megan and they couldn't change it that significantly.

It reminds me of how Linda Fiorentino's character was written out of MIB2.

It doesn't fit whatsoever with the previous movies, or with Mikaela's character.

As far as the high school relationship excuse goes - this is fiction. It's down to storytelling. They built them up in the first two movies and it was jarring to see it discarded so carelessly, writing wise, and especially given what occurs in ROTF. It doesn't help DOTM integrate with the first two movies and it adds to the disjointed feeling of the three movies as a trilogy. Even if you don't care about them, it's another angle in the film series where the storytelling suffers.

16. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, getting fired.

I don't think its possible to go much lower than the standard she set.

17. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

The same reason Carly and Bumblebee are gonna leave him.

BECAUSE SAM IS A FREAKIN A**HOLE!

18. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Sam was only really sympathetic to me in the first film. By the end of ROTF I'd come around to him again a little after his asshole-ish act in the beginning of the movie, but in DOTM, he was just.......:banghead:  I just got really tired of the character and his problems, and how he treated Bumblebee.

19. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

This exactly. In all honesty, I'm kinda glad they did this, because I don't often see movies where the main character has multiple relationships.

Plus, they mention it, then never speak of it again. That's usually how it rolls, kiddies.

:lol 

Though really, Wheelie and Brains hinted that Mikaela was the one who broke off the relationship, and Wheelie probably took Sam's side. Hell, Brains said that she was mean, so he was probably talking about her attitude towards the Autobots.

On a related note, I just say Sam or Carly got the same dog that Mikaela had. It happens.

20. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Rosie Huntington-Whitley performed a miles below Megan, hell she even sucked more than Taylor Lautner.