why do you not want WFC and FOC to be a part of Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by User_93049, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I always had one thing on my mind: Why does this matter, so what if they don't look the same or have same voices?

2. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    I like the game's design and story much, much better.

WFC/FOC is the second coming of GOD-formers where as Prime..........

(sigh) No comment.

Just release those Generations figures ASAP!

3. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    WFC/FOC contradicts with Prime just as much as it contradicts with G1. Just believe whatever the hell you want and leave it at that.

4. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess the main reason is that I love the aligned continuity. The aligned continuity is supposed to take everything Transformers mythos has developed over the past 25+ years and combine it into one continuity. I want Prime to actually fit that description where everything is in direct continuity withone another. There's alot more to what I'm trying to say but I'll get into that later when I'm not doing this on my phone

5. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like them being in the same continuity. The thing I have an issue with is Rescue Bots being in the same continuity, but only because it seems to take place much farther in the future. :wink:  Although I would love the see a Prime Heatwave and Chase figure...

6. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

If WOC had come out after prime had aird, I bet there would not be any continuty errors. But since WOC came out first, that meant that any sequels to it (FOC) would have to follow its continuty.

7. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you don't like Prime then why is your avatar Prime-related?

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Both are dreadful pieces of storywriting, so I do not care the least. But, I'd say It depends on how wildly FOC will go from TFP. WFC already has some pretty heavy differences towards TFP, but some solid similarities. Both can be reconciled in FOC if the makers wish to do so. It can be done.

But nonetheless, WFC is a deeply unoriginal piece of story with unremarkable characters that relies single-handedly on a extremely forced down the throat nostalgia to be good [story-wise, the gameplay is pretty nice], while Prime is a comedy of errors where every single piece of potential or opportunity is mercilessly wasted and traded for mediocrity.

So care, I do not.

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Take a closer look at his avatar. It's the TFP Optimus design...with Shrek's head and prodigious girth. He also likes to refer to TFP as "Shrek-formers", a pejorative term that is looked down upon with disdain by many of the members of the site.
    It'd be like if I had a dunce cap on my Bayformers Optimus avatar and then had a penis scrawled on his forehead.

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Personally for now the books Exodus and Exiles are a part of Prime's countunity while WFC and FOC serve as a general idea of what happend during those years. Though FOC is becoming more like a part of Prime's history.

In a way I'm really reserving which part of the aligned countuity is a part of Prime until the show acutally show it on screen.

11. Leonis Prime

Exactly what I thought. WOC came out before Prime, so there would be differences (except for dark energon).

12. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Really, you have to remember that there are four versions of the WFC story anyway - the console version, the DS version, the Wii version, and the Exodus novel, all of which are different from each other in their own ways. As has been repeatedly spelled out in discussions like these, the Aligned idea is just for the broad strokes, so that everything lines up if you "squint", but there's room for individual exploration of the ideas that the Aligned story bible lays out. Don't just look at one iteration of the game and call it THE VERSION of events that Prime has to line up with, 'cause it don't work like that.

13. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because so fae WFC/FOC have no real connection continuety wise.
    Also because WFC/FOC has more in common with G1 then Prime.
    TF Prime has the Novels anyways.

14. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

You know, I think a major problem people have is that they don't understand what Aligned is. A lot of people seem to think it means that WfC and Prime are on the exact same timeline. That is not true. Prime and Rescue Bots are on the same timeline. WfC and FoC are on the same timeline. WfC and Prime are only on the same timeline if you want to make the effort to make them fit.

Aligned is a catchall term that means the same thing as G1. WfC, FoC, Exodus, Exiles, Prime, and Rescue Bots are all part of Aligned in the exact same fundamental way that the Sunbow cartoon, Marvel comics, Dreamwave comics, IDW comics, Beast Wars, and Beast Machines are all part of G1. They do not have to match up exactly for Prime and WfC to both be part of Aligned.

What, are you going to try and claim that either Sunbow or Marvel are not part of G1, simply because Sunbow Transformers were created by Quintessons, and Marvel Transformers were created by Primus? Because that's exactly what you're doing when you try to claim WfC and Prime are not both part of Aligned.

As the other guy implied, it's because he exists to troll Prime.

The novels, which were explicitly written for the game you mean?

15. Leonis Prime

I think that originally Hasbro intended to have Prime and WOC on the same timeline, but WOC came out and Prime then went off in its own direction so things are the way they are now. I dont have a problem with this since I want to see High Moon do a sequel to FOC set on earth and see how their take on it goes.

16. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's what I call a continuity family. I'm pretty sure we're talking about continuity here. Not related continuities.

17. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

But since they have the exact same backstories they are a part of each other, even if they're not the exact same continuity.

18. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    At the same time, though, the Aligned components are much, much, MUCH closer together than all the myriad G1 continuities are, since they're created based on a much more detailed story bible that actively spells out large swathes of basic story points that they all make use of - since the intent is that "if you squint", they all basically line up. Versus the G1 continuities of the 80s, which are so different because they had only character profiles and a few basic concepts of the lore to use as a starting point, and the modern interpretations that actively aim to reboot the franchise by ignoring the details of what's gone before.

19. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Yeah, like Dark Energon. Shit was all over the place in G1!

20. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    How exactly is wfc/foc more like G1 then prime ? in G1 silverbolt an the other ones were made much l8r but n wfc/foc they were already there. design wise they are similar to G1. I don't understand how people get so confused by aligned :c Hell in wfc optimus go to primus ( gets the matrix ) n prime , optimus goes to prime ( gets the matrix ) In G1 ...idk was it explain ...lI don't remember :c dark energon , although reacts differently it's still damn energon. I think if prime had a more G1 style ppl would be more accepting