why do you not want WFC and FOC to be a part of Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Wrecker217, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    Aside from the very noticeable contradictory events, why do you want Prime to be separate from the games?

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I have been wondering that myself.
    I have also been wondering why I want them to be part of Prime.

3. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    This.

4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Because it makes zero sense as a part of the Prime continuity. WfC/FoC doesn't fit G1 exactly but it's a MUCH better lead in to G1 than Prime. I don't think there really is any reason other than the sheer amount of inconsistencies between the WfC/FoC games and Prime.

5. CrashElements

CrashElements Customizur

I thing WOC and FOC sud become TV Shows that Cud leed into primet

6. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

I think we're good with prime for now. plus, we're good with fall of cybertron unless they expand into their own continuity.

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    So why is it okay for the High Moon stuff to not match up perfectly with G1 but still be counted, but a complete affront to all that is holy when it doesn't match up perfectly with Prime?

Not matching up with something that's being developed at the same time is forgivable.

Not matching up with something that's been around for 28 years is absolutely not. It's just lazy if that's what they're earnestly trying to do.

8. Spawn77

Spawn77 U.S. Marine

It seems to be more of a re-imagining of the G1 backstory than a direct translation. But it is still the G1 backstory, whereas Prime is a different continuity than G1.

9. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because its forced and makes very little sense.

10. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    lern 2 speel plz

11. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    This.

Another factor would be the design differences.

But if the Transformers Prime show could be seen like when in a comic another guy draws the characters and hence they look different than when yet another guy draws the characters in his own style and in regard of Transformers Prime and the High Moon Transformers games this could mean that in the end the characters in the game would only look similar to the Transformers Prime characters, so that you recognize them, but they would still retain their own style they have in the games right now, I would be ok with it.

But I fear that they will slowly approach the designs of the show which are more stilized and that's what I dislike most about the Transformers Prime designs.

12. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I don't, I'd like for them to be part of the same direct continuity.

13. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

*sigh* Prime and WfC/FoC have almost the exact same origin stories. The only difference is how Dark Energon is used. For crying out loud, Megatron's origin in Prime is EXACTLY THE SAME as WfC's backstory. The only other place where they have the exact event for event origin is IDW, which was a retcon of the series Megatron Origins and was written well after both WfC and Prime came out. And even there it's not an exact match. Unlike Prime & WfC.

Matt Tieger and Aaron Archer both say there all part of Aligned. FoC was written specifically to show that. Accept it.

14. Muramasa

Muramasa Well-Known Member

The designs in the games resemble G1 far more than Prime.

15. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    Aside from the OBVIOUS PLOT ELEMENTS the main reason I want them separate is so that the games don't have to be tied to any particular future.

I want the games to be free to do anything, kill off anyone, blow up Cybertron (not really), basically so you don't know what will happen next.

It's also great to have more versions of characters. I love both WfC and Prime Breakdown but they are very different in my opinion. I don't want them to have to shoehorn in changes to WfC Breakdown's character to make him more Prime-like. Same goes for Soundwave and Ratchet, they're only linked by name really, but are fairly different characters.

Also, not to beat a dead horse, but I REALLY did not want Bumblebee to get muted. JYB was doing a great voice for him, and made one of my favorite Bees in a long time. Now he's going to lose all that personality and become like movie/prime Bee.

Also, at the end of the day, I like the plot/characters of the games a bit more, and don't want High Moon to be forced to compromise their vision just to make it more Prime-like.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because I don't like WFC. It's like how my dad doesn't want cats in the house because he hates cats. I like Prime, don't like WFC, don't want WFC in my Prime or else I'll start throwing shoes at WFC and the neighbor might get mad because WFC broke it's paw and

wait

17. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The games tie into Prime media a hell of a lot easier than they do G1. Anyone claiming otherwise is deluded. Are the games and Prime directly in continuity? No. Do they share the same general characters, plot and storyline? Yes.

18. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    the lack of blumscream, welkertron, and jeffratchet combs do it for me xD

[oh and that whole dark energon thing]

[and the fact that none of the flashbacks in prime look anything like wfc/foc aesthetically]

sure they're technically all connected in this aligned universe, but i'd prefer to keep them seperate like Marvel/Cartoon G1 is seperate if they're gonna be "connected" at all

19. megapork

megapork Cheese

Prime and the WFC continuities just dont fit, story-wise and aesthetically. To force them together is worse than trying to mate a dog and a cat. It's just not a natural fit. I still think it's better to think of them as sister franchises that follow a same basic skeleton that is stipulated in the bible of which the aligned continuity is based upon.

Real Mature, dude. Real Mature.

20. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So it can be separate.

I don't get this "everything has to be in the same continuity!" mentality. Let it be it's own thing and completely forget about needing to "stay in continuity." Because it's barely there as is.