Why do you love Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Galvatron II, Jul 11, 2013.

1. FatherDeth

FatherDeth Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Transformers combine two of my favorite things: Robots and Cars! Of course they don't all turn into cars, but the entire concept is just exceptional.

What I find so incredible about Transformers is how they started out as "Mech Warriors". The designs of these Mechs were so much better than say Robo Tech and Gundam because the robots captured more of a humanoid form, ie. their facial features. These robotic forms transferred over perfectly when Hasbro gave them "life" and they became sentient beings instead of robots piloted by humans. Transformers will forever hold a place in my heart and I swear I'll still be collecting them until the day my heart stops beating.

2. Eyescream

Eyescream Plebeian

Transformers, G.I. Joe and M.A.S.K. were the last toys/cartoons I was into before I "grew up" and got into "cooler" things. I was old enough at that point to clearly remember those days now...the last days of my "childhood," I suppose, before I had to start being responsible and figuring out what I wanted to do with my life. Thirty years later, I still love all those franchises, but I love Transformers the most. I still catch myself looking at certain vehicles and wondering what they'd look like in "robot mode." The concept fascinates me every bit as much today as it did in 1984.

Indeed. :) 

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Because it's fun.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

Because it's the closest substitute for GoBots.

5. FatherDeth

FatherDeth Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    And I think this just sums it up for a lot of us! Happier times indeed!!

6. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

The perfect nexus of nostalgia, robophilia, fidgetiness, and an obsessive need to customize my stuff.

7. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    Um...because they're cool

8. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

good answer. It's what I was gonna say

9. TFAOptimus

TFAOptimus Mysterion Rises

Giant robots that can transform into cars and jets. Who wouldn't love that?

10. Rev

Rev Well-Known Member

The creativity and design of the toys.

Nostalgia.

Starscream.

Optimus Prime.

11. Sjoerdo

Sjoerdo Active Member

Pure nostalgia...

Its the only cartoon from the eighties that is able to bring me back to those simpeler times. I watched and loved He-man, Gi Joe and many other cartoons and had toys from all of them. But in the end it's transformers that stuck...

Not quite sure why, I have no real interest in any specific character, and think that as a concept the cartoon is actually quite daft, but even now seeing a boxed G1 Optimus Prime takes me directly back to christmas 1985, and the feeling of ultimate happiness I had as kid when I unwrapped my Optimus Prime...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Growing up Transformers was one of the few Cartoons (Atleast G1, Beastwars, and Beast Machines) That didn't Talk Down to me.

It was a big conflict with tons of characters it expected me to follow and remember. there Were real stakes and Consequences.

13. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Because why not?

14. Nicollo

Nicollo Active Member

For me, it’s memories: Waking up early Saturday, in a quiet house, to watch the G1 cartoon at 7:00 AM, because that was the only time it aired. Working my ass off mowing lawns, shoveling snow, and collecting aluminum cans to sell to have money to buy the toys. Sitting in that theater and listening to everything go deafly quiet followed by children crying when Prime died. Having to sell my collection to have the money to take my date to the prom. (I kept my Grimlock) Slowly buying my favorite characters back over the next decade, while raising my daughter alone. Finally, being financially secure enough to start collecting again after my son was born. Buying a house for me and the kids, that had an extra room for me to start displaying my collection. Yeah, I can sit in the middle of my toy room and look around and there are memories of the places and times when I bought my collection. That's why I love my Transformers.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

It's the one thing I care about that I can rely on to be a constant. Everyone I know is moving away for college or jobs and I'm being left in the dust with my silly hobby, but it's something that I've known and cared about for almost my whole life so I can't help but lean on it as something to keep me relatively sane.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Niv3k

Niv3k 'Fe Li Na'

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Because the franchise is a part of my life and I'm too invested in the characters to ever completely stop.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rattlehead1320

Rattlehead1320 Well-Known Member

Robot that can turn into vehicles or beast/animal shape, can combined into giant robot and each characters has different attitude. Add to that , the series has countess characters , all which different from each other and turn into different vehicles.

Another reason is off course nostaligia since I watched the G1 series since mid 80's when I was a small kid. As I grew up, I also realize that it has backstory and big universe ...like when I watch Beast wars, its cool to know that it happen at the universe and connected to the G1 series.

Finally , the toy line. It just great to play with a robot that can transform into vehicles and when I get older, it also cool to have the bigger and more articulated figures for display purpose.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Monsters, animals, scyfy vehicles and others that transform into sentient robots.
    The crazyness.
    The comedy (when it's good)
    Great designs.
    Occasiinally great stories.

19. Dropkick

Dropkick Worse aim than Misfire.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    I grew up watching Transformers Cybertron in 2005 (I was 4 yrs old or something then). After that, My dad introduced me to the Japanese Transformers and Transformers Victory as my first Japanese show (2007, I grew up with that show). My first figure was the 2007 Movie Deluxe Bonecrusher, that unfortunately is broken, And I don't use it anymore. I visited California, and got a 3rd party knockoff version of Cybertron and Energon figures that slid into a body frame to make "SUPER MAXIMUS COMBINER ROBOT!!!!" I broke all of them because of the Cheap plastic.

I fell in love with Transformers because of all the stuff I grew up with. When Dark of the Moon came out, I was eleven years old, and I convinced my dad to watch it with me. The last thing that happened, Universe came out in 2008, and I got my first G1 figure in the form of Universe Red Alert. I have collected strictly G1 / IDW / Prime stuff since then. Sold all my Prime stuff to get Bruticus, and just a lot has happened since I first watched Transformers.

20. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are freaking awesome!