Why Do YOU Like Transformers Animated?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Jul 2, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I was just wondering everyone's individual reasons for likeing Transformers Animated so much.

My reasoning is that it is the greatest TF cartoon since G1. It has elements of G1, the live-action movie, and beast wars in it. It also has some real originality and some truly great story telling.

I also love the overall designs of the characters and their personalities as well. The voice acting isn't too shabby either.

So why do you like it? What are the main reasons you follow it? How religiously do you follow TF:A?

Thanks for posting!!

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Three things

Writing

Characters (design and personality)

Toys

3. RodimusMark

RodimusMark Infamous Fighter of Foo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's fresh, and there is a little bit of cool stuff for everyone, young and old. Not to mention, there really hasn't been a cartoon that gets me excited like this one does. Great Writing is also a plus.

4. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Toys, period, end

5. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

1. Story
    2. Humor
    3. In Joke References to past incarnations of the show.

6. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Nice plots(and I'm very picky about that), good character designs, humor, and enough stuff for the G1ers

This is this generation, and my, G1

7. nightbolt

nightbolt Lead Farmer

i like optimus, bulkhead, blitzwing, starscream, wreck-gar, and soundwave. and i cant wait until they get rid of blackarachnia, all of her episodes follow the same nutshell plot.

8. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

1. American Storytelling with multiple season done-in-one arcs with season closure

2. New characters like Bulkhead and Lugnut that are not simply rehashes of existing characters. Even rehash characters are unique

3. Puns based off my native language, english. Many humorous things are actually lost in translation from japanese series and are not as good when dubbed (Dattebayo = believe it?)

4. Toys. I like them.

5. Modified pun swears.

9. Jedah

Jedah Bring me sunshine.. TFW2005 Supporter

Personally its the first series ive been able to really get into for along time now, the story and humour are what make it special for me, plus the toys are awesome!

10. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers Animated was a breath of fresh air. After years of senseless gimmicks and anime nonsense, and then after Bay's Transformers, which was afraid to celebrate that it was a Transformers movie by muting alot of the TF elements and mythos, we're back to an actual ground-up TF show...

• Beautiful, colorful, nice big nearly show accurate toys.

• The small cast makes everyone easier to know, instead of vast armies of non-important characters.

• The personalities: Megatron's craftiness, Lugnut's zealotry, Starscream's treachery, Blackarachnia's sultriness, Blitzwing's insanity, Ratchet's cantankerous nature, Bulkhead as the capable klutz

• Optimus isn't flawless and perfect. Not that there is anything wrong with a "perfect" Optimus (G1), but it's more interesting to see Prime screw up and deal with it.

• The leaders look like themselves. Optimus Prime looks like Optimus Prime; Megatron looks like Megatron. Something we haven't seen since G1. (Although Enegon came close with Megs as Galvatron) Optimus usually looks recognizable, but Megatron?!!

• The Decepticons are an actual threat and each one can carry an episode.

• Nice simplistic, colorful re-imaginings of classic characters make you eager to see more characters, contrast with Bay's flick, where you dread seeing how they changed beyond recognition any familiar characters. In Animated, if you're going to see Sideswipe, chances are you're gonna see somebody LIKE Sideswipe, not a new character with that name.

• The endless homages...Pretenders, Headmasters, Spike, Carly and Daniel, Car Robots, Energon cubes, the Ark, the Nemesis, Omega Supreme. This is one show that isn't afraid of the Transformers mythos. It's really proud to be a Transformers show and wears it like a badge.

• The powers are back. The Transformers aren't just "what you see is what you get" robot warriors. Each one can do something special besides shoot guns and missiles.

The only drawbacks?

• The human enemies. Where's RAAT or Triple I when you need them? Not too crazy about soopervillian enemies. I'd rather have humans who hate Transformers or want to control them.

• The many lose end Cybertronians wandering the planet. Blackarachnia, Dinobots, the mysterious blue car, Swindle, Soundwave, Wreck-Gar...Chose a side and keep it moving, guys. If I were Prime or Megs, I'd be looking to recruit any Transformers I came across before the other side found them first and got more powerful.

• At least mention that you're still searching for Sumdac...

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Reasons I like it:

* Writing that genearlly doesn't talk down to the audience

* Style and animation with actual facial expressions.

* a sense of personality that carries over to the toys

* fun to watch in general (usually meaning personality and humor for me)

and a very important one for me...

* After seven years give or take, it's NOT another Japanese anime show designed mostly for Japanese audiences.

12. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Because it's different.

I don't watch the cartoon since I can't keep with the schedule.

But toy-wise, I like them because they're not just another reincarnation of the same old thing with the different approaches to design and engineering.

For me the line reflects more of a pop-culture/vinyl toy look than your traditional TF design and I really appreciate it.

13. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

That is my main reason for loving the show to the extent that I do.

Generally, the show translates well into toy form. That may be subjectable to some but that's how I feel.

The other reason is that I haven't sat down on a saturday morning to catch the first airing of a show since my youth. Obviously I am obsessed!

14. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    It's not rendered in 3-D, and the toys rock

15. Knightwave

Knightwave Operation: Destruction

News Credits:
    Just like you said!
    And... Soundwave, Grimlock & Omega Supreme in a same serie... wow :) 

16. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Its different. Plain and simple. it isn't dependent on some gimmick like cyberkey power. or spark of combination. also it follows the same vein as beast wars. its kiddy at times, but its still serious.. I don't know how to describe it. while its still a 30 minute commercial. it isnt an OBVIOUS 30 minute commercial.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's new. The characters are great homages to the originals without being just the same old characters as before. The voice work is the best since BW, as is the writing. Animation is great, and the character designs are amazing. The toys are incredible and they're just so great. Plus, it's the first cartoon since BW that's not afraid to be a cartoon. Also, it's not an anime with half-assed out-of place CGI robots on cell-animated backgrounds and annoying kids. Most of the human cast (minus most of the villians) is great. It's teh first series where I really like the main human character. Plus, tehy did the impossible. They made Optimus Prime my favourite character for once. :lol  (Optimus Primal does not count :p )

18. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

1 it is not a anime like A/E/C it is close but not really
    2 well the toys are the best in my opinion
    3 the fresh new telling of the story

and that somes it up

19. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

It's something new. If everything was always G1, then it would be really boring. G1 is G1, Beast Wars is Beast Wars, Animated is Animated.

It's mostly like Beast Wars, only with Autobots and Decepticons set in the future. Animated Prime is like BW Primal - he's not supreme Autobot commander, he's just head of a small crew. The character development actually developes instead of being thrown at us all at once (we learn more about each character in each episode).

Corey Burton's Megatron voice is the best I've ever heard. In my opinion, it's the best three Megatrons in one - the evilness of G1 Megs, the cunning of BW Megs, and the booming growl of Movie Megs (not to mention his Cybertronian form resembles the movie version). I hope Corey gets to be Megatron in a future TF series.

Above all, the voice acting, the new style, the characterization, everything is what Transformers should be. It'll need to go for at least a fourth season before they call it quits.

20. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I like..

1. Writing (Very unique-Marty Isenberg does it again)

2. Characters ( I can't decide which side has better characters)

Will think of more later