why do people worry so much??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Apr 30, 2009.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Ok so we've seen 4 pieces of marketing

Superbowl Teaser
    Full Length Teaser
    Showest Footage
    Full Theatrical Trailer

People are worried because the following are missing from the trailers:

1) Jolt
    2) Soundwave
    3) Arcee
    4) Ironhide
    5) Ratchet

Just because we don't see them in the trailer doesn't mean they're not in the movie. Just because you saw the trailer doesn't mean you know everything about the movie. What is everyone worried about?

They're in the movie. Michael Bay said Megatron is not in the movie. He's pretty much in almost every other shot of the trailer and he looks better than ever.

Its just a 2.5 minute trailer, that's only 1/100 of the movie. All our favorite characters are in the movie and much more.

Every forum I see about the trailer says something along the lines of "still not ratchet, still no Ironhide, I hope he's not dead. Where is the Jolt coverage??"

When they revealed the list of characters, some people were freaking out because it was said there would be at least 40 bots but only 20 were named. Some people were pissed off. Don't you guys want any surprises?

The trailer rocks and we're going to be pleasantly surprised when we see it on opening night.

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Ratchet is not missing, he is in the latest one at 2:03.

3. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

^^^^

This.

Plus, Let them worry all they want. They are just upset cause they haven't seen certain characters and are speaking their minds.

Maybe we have seen the bots and just haven't realized it yet cause they are in their protoform or something.

The movie is almost upon us :D 

4. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trailers are perfect microcosms of the films they represent! If a character isn't in the five or so minutes of footage we've seen the chances of him being in the 2+ hour movie is equal to zero.

5. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Bumblebee wasn't even in the first one, and people were saying the same thing.

The bottom line is that most of the trailer footage we have seen is basically the same few scenes shown over and over. It's almost a three hour movie, and we keep getting the same scenes (with some exception in this last one). That's a good thing, as there will be more surprises.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Not worried, it exceeded my expectations so far. I think Bay's doing a great job.

7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I agree, this movie has just blown the world away. Bay/ILM has done a superb job w/ the level of detail. I can't wait to hear starscream talk!! I like how Bay/Co. has kept everything secret, that is exactly what a good movie deserves, patience.Oh, and the designs, man are they impressive. From protoforms to alt modes and back, the new designs for Transformers line is perfect! I will never dig G1 designs again!! I will be attending the Wolverine midnight flick, just to see this trailer. ( well xmen is a good movie too)

ANSWERS ARE COMING..

8. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

I think that is a bit of a stretch to say. Frenzy was not in the trailers for the 1st movie and he had a pretty significant role.

Theatrical trailers are just to lay the foundation of the plot. Not all characters or plot points have to be revealed.

I personally think Bay is holding off on Soundwave cause he knows that's the most anticipated character . . . .even more so than Dev's.

9. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I'm gonna be PISSED if there isn't a single goat in the movie like there was in the first.

10. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

i havent seen or heard primus refrence in the movie or trailers and i am starting to freak out! if he isnt in the movies then i dont know what i'd do... probaly get over it

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn I personally think Bay is holding off on Soundwave cause he knows that's the most anticipated character . . . .even more so than Dev's.

Excellent! I agree all the way!!
    No ideas should be proposed until you watch the movie. A trailer is just a taste of what to expect.

This film has been formatted to fit this screen....

:bay