why do people like starscream so much?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by hulk23869, Sep 29, 2011.

1. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

personally, I find him annoying

2. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Personally, I think it would be wise to use better grammar -_- Particularly in thread titles.

GRAMMAR NAZI MODE OFF

Starscream is one of the most competent Starscreams, shown easily replacing Megatron as Decepticon Leader. Also, his facial expressions are so awesome it isn't funny.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally, I don't.

Since when has "-_-" taken the rightful place of a "comma", Grammar Nazi, sir? ;) 

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why don't you provide an example? Otherwise you're just being a dick--sorry, but it's true.

EDIT:

I forgot why I came here.

How could one not like Starscream's personality, his scheming? He's a very likable evil-doer.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The line that sold me on this Starscream was when he's so frustrated and tells Knockout "You're an amazing surgeon" or something like that. He said it in passing to get him the hell out of his way, lol.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    At least it's understandable.

But anyway, back on topic, can you give us an example of him being annoying please?

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He's Starscream. He's supposed to be a little annoying. I don't find him all that annoying personally though.

In fact he's a wonderfully deep and tortured character. He went on a complete and believable story arc. Yeah he's a power hungry coward but he's not unrelateable.

8. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't think very many characters were developed as much as he was back in G1, sooo...

9. Dark Hayabusa

Dark Hayabusa Well-Known Member

Exactly, he was in charge for more than one episode. That makes him the most succesful Starscream ever. Plus Steve Blum is knocking it out of the park with his performance in the role

10. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Steve Blum is an amazing voice actor, and Starscream has tons of great lines and facial expressions.

11. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Because it attributes elements of character very suited to his person. Starscream's sleazy, backstabbing, competent in battle only if his opponent is in a worst\handicapped situation...

Ever since G1, the guy has been a schemer and a backstabber. Not a serious, heroic, stoic legendary swordsman [Armada\Energon\Cybertron], or a slobbing beast of proportions [movie].

His stature as a lean, frail looking figure really comes well with his character.

12. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

SS really impressed me when he came back to rescue Megatron in Rock Bottom, in a truly display of Genre Savvy.

13. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFP Starscream has done something that not many other Starscreams can claim. In "Partners" he took a long, hard look at himself and his place in the grand scheme of things. He really seemed to come to a new understanding and was on the road to redeeming himself among the Decepticons. For that fraction of an instant, it seemed like he was done with the lying, the scheming, and the subterfuge. Of course, that kind of went out the window when Megatron seemingly appointed Airachnid as SS's replacement, and then Airachnid's betrayal of Starscream.

14. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

My thoughts on TFP Screamer: Gonna start with the vocie. Steve Blum has done an amazing job with the voice. Its so freaking sinister and fitting for the schemer. SEcond i love that they took what i feel are the traits that make G1 Starscream such a great character. They focus heavily and his lust for power and his constant planning to dethrone Megatron. They also show him for the coward that he should be. Starscream begging for his life is just great. Since they took the traits that I love about G1 Starscream and focus on them it just makes for a great character. I also love that they focus on these traits in a serious manner especially when compared to TFA Screamer. TFA he was still the evil scheming bastard and coward but they focused on making it more comical. The serious tone of TFP Starscream just makes him so engaging.

15. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    You should see some of the threads in the Comic Books & Graphic Novels and Movies & Television section, not to mention TF General Discussion, some of those thread titles are just plain confusing, never mind the ones in the post itself.

Anyway back to the topic at hand, TFP Starscream has so much depth compared to most of his previous incarnations. The producers seem to enjoy giving him a lot of character building, especially since Animated.

16. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Same reason some people like trukks and not munkys....we're just cool like that. :D 

Seriously though, for me, a lot of my appreciation for this version of Starscream is down to Steve Blum's VA work. The scheming, cowardly, selfish, opportunistic bastage that he is is right there in the nuance of the performance.

Also, male robot in high heels.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Again. People should re-read their own posts. Grammar seems relative at this point, it seems.

Huh?

18. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What I love about Starscream is that you NEVER know when he is lying. Look at Partners, was he honest about redemption? Was he being honest about joining the autobots? It's hard to tell, all thanks to Steve Blum's amazing performance. He sounded honest when asking for forgiveness, but he sounds just as honest in his cruelty when he is kicking her around and mocking Cliffjumper seconds later.

Not to mention his character animation is amazing. He seems to move like some kind of bird. Pretty cool stuff. Easily the best Starscream yet if you ask me. He is everything you'd expect from Starscream but somehow even more nasty and somehow justified in his lust for power even when HE IS being more nasty than every other Decepticon in the show.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Packaged and ready for mail.

20. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Assuming that we're speaking just of the Starscream featured in Prime, it's because this Starscream is fricken awsome. This might be the best Starscream that Transformers has ever featured. I think that a big reason why he's so great is his voice actor. Prime has a really really great vocal cast.