Why do people hate these guys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NemesisBruticus, Feb 5, 2009.

1. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Galvatron, Ironhide, and Cheetor. Why do people hate these guys? sure they have problems, but theyre great figures.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Galvatron because he's a mold too complex for the sizeclass he was downgraded to. Though I personally like the figure I can understand why some people may not.

Ironhide because of how fractured his alt mode looks, and visible screws in bot mode. I don't own the figure so I can't really judge for myself.

Cheetor for his stupidly big backpack in bot mode. As well as the robot just obviously being compromised for the cheetah mode, namely for the gimmick in his cheetah mode, with the mechanism for the jaw being the cause of the backpack. Also just how kibbly he is, the poor proportions just really kinda hurt him.

3. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Because they SUCK!

LOL, I don't hate any of those. Ironhide is pretty cool. Galvatron is meh. They missed the boat that one. Cheetor... well Cheetor sucks. The bot mode is horrible.

4. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Cheetor is awesome in person.

5. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Galvatron is a floppy mess.

Ironhide can't look forward without modding.

Cheetor has gigantic back kibble.

6. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Galvatron:

Too small.
    Too floppy.
    Pieces fall off.

That's about it. The mold actually looks fairly nice, but the flaws, imo, are just too much to overcome.

7. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I personally love U ironhide. He is my favorite universe fig so far. I also removed the front bumper, and I like the look of it off.

I got Galvatron thinking that he would be meh, but I actually like this guy as well. He has a serious look, and I actually think his back kibble looks pretty cool.

I LOVE Cheetor. I hated him at first, but then my brother picked him up, and after I played with him for a little while, I said "I need this guy!" Still have yet to find him. :(  When I get mine, I plan on removing the arm kibble and setting it off to the side when he is in robot mode. That will fix my biggest gripe.

So I am on the same boat as you.

8. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really like Ironhide, but all the lines in vehicle mode look really weird (Ratchet will have similar problems when he debuts). The early Smurf Face thing didn't help matters either.

As for the other two...with Galvatron, I don't have him but from observing the toy, he seems a size class too small, I'm not impressed with robot mode and the floppy problems seem to come up. I haven't liked many Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge figures previously and was hoping to be impressed by the Classics renditions. Cyclonus is really fun...Galvatron? I'm still not impressed. Basically I'm hoping the current one ends up the equivalent of Classics Deluxe (tank mode) Megatron and a Voyager comes out sometime, even though I doubt it at this point.

As for Cheetor, I've yet to take a liking to Beast Wars stuff, so that figure and Dinobot aren't my cup of tea anyways.

9. 245am

245am opener

News Credits:
    I think there's a lot of silent fans out there like me. People who see some flaws in these figures but think the Pros way outweigh the Cons. The anti-Galvatron etc people are more vocal, but I think there's more of us. Hasbro isn't all sunshine and rainbows in my eyes, but I'm quite happy to get these three. Well, minus cheetor. BW sucks ;) 

10. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like all but Cheetor. Galvatron and Iron Hide's transformations are a little too complex which causes one of their modes to suffer (the lines in IH's vehicle mode and Galvatron's floppiness.) The good thing about those two is they at least they look good. Cheetor's just plain hideous in robot mode though so I understand the hate it receives

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I also like all but cheetor. I own cheetor. he's terrible. he can't be posted worth a damn because of his odd legs and stupid arm design, the backpack looks stupid, and he's got a worse hunchback problem that transmetal 2 cheetor.

cheetor has no good qualities at all.

12. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I like all three.

But I think the reasons they're disliked are mentioned in NGW and Obvious Prime's posts.

Though I think Galvatron is my least favorite of the three... he's very complex, which is cool with me... but his parts are kinda tough to move around each other too.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Why do you hate Deluxe Lockdown?

It's simple, figures have their flaws, some people just can't see past them, as certain aspects are more important to others.

14. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    It's not even the complexity of Galvatron that bothers me. I love complexity. But he falls apart too easy when trying. Ironhide transforms into junk. It could be argued he should, but I don't think that was intentional.

15. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    UMMMMMMM What lines?

16. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Love them all.

17. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I dun have Galvatron so I can't say much about him but as for Cheetor & Ironhide, I have them both.

All I can say is I like them & no complains here.

18. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Superior cheetah mode.

19. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I like the Ironhide and Galvatron but I will agree that Cheetor is fail as is almost all of BWs (Optimal Optimus and Dinobot aside)

20. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    i think the reason ppl hate these guys is because they are the worst classics figures. they are indeed great figures but the bar was set so high with the other ones that fans cannot stand for anything less. cheetor came out in the same line as cyclonus and hound, cmon, really there is no comparing the three. hound and cyclonus are way out of cheetors league, does that make him bad, no. but it does make him seem worse when being compared to the rest of the wave and the line