Why do people hate Miko so much?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by OP84, Nov 26, 2011.

1. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

Why do people hate Miko so much? She's actually one of my favorite characters.

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Because they are fun-hating assholes who have the audacity to have an opinion different from mine!

Obviously.

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I don't hate her, I don't like her. But to many other people she is very immature. She is always disobeying the Autobots and getting into trouble that endangers both her and Bulkhead. She rarely learns her lesson and when she does she forgets it the next episode.

4. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

It's probably just a result of writers forgetting what happened or deliberately do that just for the hell of it.

5. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I don't understand either. As I've stated in a previous thread, she's one of my favorite human characters, next to Fowler and June. Yeah she can be annoying at times but I enjoy lively characters. Plus she shares my love of rock n' roll, video games, and GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS. I personally think Jack is boring, and Raf is.......I dunno, just pisses me off that a pint-sized dork can understand Cybertronian language and computer skills.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Her voice is horrible. Shrill, stilted and her dialogue is eyeroll-worthy. Her character is beyond irritating. Causing trouble, never learning, never stopping and thinking. And on top of all that, she's selfish, mean-spirited at times, and otherwise embarassingly two-dimensional.

I don't have a problem with anyone who likes her, and I'm not an advocate of this "Miko must die" brigades, but I, personally, do not like her at all and find her totally useless in the story.

Both of which are horrible. I'm so glad we have writers that forget continuity or deliberately ignore it to go back to old, awful ways.

If you put a "Duuuude" in front of that I'd swear you were 90's Kid.

7. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Actually, I am lol. Born in '91. Plus I am a bit of a stoner...

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Turbo-this.

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Well I don't wish her dead. I do wish however she really needs to get some common sense inot her head because all of those quick saves aren't going to help her forever. And to people who think Jack is boring he is a bit dull but at least he HAS a consciene and common sense to boot not to mention he does get more outgoing later on. As for Raf we get it he's bland and has a talent for hacking and understanding beeps and boops, that people don't get and get needlessly ticked off so can we move on and leave the poor kid alone already?

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    What poor kid? You mean fictional Raf?

No, I'm going to steal his lunch money and give him a wedgie! ,':}D

I don't hate Raf at all. In fact he's left such a small impression on me I keep forgetting he exists until somebody brings him up.

11. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    Because it's like they inserted my most hated female character into Transformers
    [​IMG]

12. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I voice my opinion in a non-hostile manner and I'm getting attacked for it. Wow.

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Perhaps I'm missing something but I'm not seeing any posts in this thread where you're being "attacked". :confused: 

14. AlexaStar

AlexaStar Starscream is love

I don't know, aside from June, Miko is one of my favorite characters in this series. Maybe it's just because I happen to like the female humans better than the male humans in all Transformers series.......

15. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Yeah.....I jumped the gun yet again. Sorry folks. To be quite honest though, I've seen most episodes of Prime only once or twice. So maybe instead of being judgemental, I think I'll watch reruns on Hub until season 2 begins.

I would like everyone to know that I can be a bit sensitive at times. I admit that. But I usually end up regretting what I say sometimes, especially if it ends up offending others. I don't mean to insult or offend anyone. Ever. Lately all I want in life is peace. So again, I apologize for that post.

16. IceMagnus

IceMagnus I like it loud!

News Credits:
    I don't hate her. I can somehow relate to her.

17. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    You put into words exactly how I feel about the character; was trying, but couldn't quite adequately describe my complaints.

18. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    She's an extremely shallow character in a show with extremely deep characters. She almost gets herself or other killed multiple times and refuses to learn her lesson. She's manipulative and selfish. And worst of all, none of the other characters call her on this.

When she almost got Bulkhead killed, Optimus let her off the hook when he should have made her realize her reckless behavior had dire consequences.

And Raf is just as bad. Luckily he's barely on the show. He's a Mary Sue. He's super smart and can understand R2-Bee2 and can hack into anything and is totally amazing at everything he does....

If the writers would allow these characters to gain some depth and learn from their experiences then I would like them more.

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Differing opinions.

Though I do believe that some people feel the need to absolutely hate one character from every show, and Miko is an easy target for that. Also, hating Miko has turned into a bit of a fad within the fandom. Much like hating Wheelie, or loving Erector. Not saying either is the case for everybody, but most likely the case for some people.

20. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    Why do people hate annoying people so much?