why do people complain about prices!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jmart, Aug 5, 2011.

1. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

im going to start a thread about people complaining about grammar.

2. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Translation: What's up people? I am just wondering why people always complain about high priced Transformer figures. Although, when it is time for them to sell some of their figures they themselves attempt to mark them up above what was paid. For example; Cliffjumper was about 15 dollars. Now he is going for $35-$50. The same goes for Ramjet; some people are asking upwards of 60 dollars for him. In addition to these two, Toys 'R' Us Masterpiece Rodimus Prime is about 70 dollars at retail, and people are attempting to sell him for 100 dollars. I do think that is fair, in that they did have to drive, which wastes gas and time on said persons behalf. I'm just posing this question to you all, wondering what actually happens

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    WTF does a monkey on a board have to do with haters and hating?

I want to start a thread about haters who hate haters.

4. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Complaining is neither inherently good or bad. On the flip side it build comaraderie and when the momentum is large enough it can go from complaining to initiating revolutionary change. All Hail Starscream!

I mean Cobra! Wait, what?

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Me too.

I can't believe that there are people in this thread that apparently think you should like higher prices.

What's up with that?

6. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

I.... what?

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Because some people just don't have the money to buy what they like. It's not so much complaining about the cost so much as bemoaning lack of funds.

8. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    ...Because he can grind a rail on a snowboard and you we can't. :p 

9. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also, we as humans are the dominant species by sheer luck but we've deluded ourselves into believing that it's by design.

We, as americans, even the poorest, live a life of luxury by sheer chance but in our ignorance we've deluded ourselves into believing that's it's by skill, cunning and wit.

We, as collectors, believe that we have a prime right to get what toys we want, for the lowest price because darnit, "It's a toy, it should be cheap and readily available" and somehow miss the irony of that statement.

10. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Machine

Look, I can see if he forgot a few apostrophes or had a run-on sentence in there but the whole damn post is illegible. That's what annoys the hell out of me.

Anyways, I put some blame on the third party companies for driving up prices of bots such as Classics UM, ROTF Bruticus Maximus and many more. Now third party companies are a dime a dozen, I only buy from Hasbro/Takara now.

11. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Believe it or not I recall reading here, not too long ago, people complaining that 3rd party products should never become cheaper because that'd make them less exclusive and collectible.

Can't remember about what specific product it was, but probably Hercules or some iGear not-MPs.

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I sued to like Star Wars and still read the books even though they are on a downward spiral in quality in some cases...

But I can't really justify buying SW figs for £8.00 each so I don't bother. even when they reduce them to £5.00 I somehow resist - but i'm happy to waste cash on Marvel figures at £5.00 each. but partly that is because i'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for the new waves of Transformers. I'd not pay a premium for a Marvel figure either though (except Death's Head, TF's Centurion or Circuit Breaker if they ever make them).

You could try looking up the furtherest away USA addresses and if listing on ebay put the price spread for shipping clearly in the listing. to many auctions in American don't even mention the shipping costs - if you do then you might be less likely to have people argue about it afterwards.

But offering some kind of combined shipping discount might help tell them if they buy more they save some $

13. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

possible its not his primary language, no?

14. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

id like to see it remain as a deal between buyer and seller. if they agree on a price then a deal is made.

the world isnt one big happy hippy commune.

15. Astronopolis

Astronopolis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i don't really give a crap about the topic, I'm just surprised an unintelligible rambling first post spawns a 6-page thread in 3 hours!

16. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

it doesn't matter which since some peeps defend that stuff like crazy/

17. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Machine

I highly doubt it by looking at his previous posts.

18. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont complain on the prices for TFs(at least not from Hasbro). I do for MU and Joes. Transformers imo most of the you get your monies worth.

19. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I can understand a little gripe here and there about some prices and even price increases.

What gets to me are the ones who complain about Hasbro deluxes going from $10 to $12, expecting Wal*mart and Target to put them on "sale" for the $10 price, but make posts like "FansProject TAKE MY MONEY" and don't think twice about spending out for third party products.

20. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    All I'm trying to say is if your gonna buy something buy it if u can . if it's too much for you don't but don't b**** about it. I have a lot of transformers that i paid more than they're worth but I wanted tham so I got tham. I know when is time for me to sell tham I'm going to ask for what I paid for them plus a little more maybe between 5-10 dollars more. I know I'm not gonna sell my fan projects 4 less then I paid 4 don't matter if it 2 -4 years old and yes I text a lot and I'm doing this through my phone sorry for that LOL I'm really not sorry ;)  I'm not justifying d mark up because d gas we waste driving around it don't take skills to find toys just luck and time but its up to 1 to decide how much to sell something 4 and its up 2 you if your going to buy or not