Why do people assume that Mech Tech is in the film?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Since that trailer hit people have been saying that Mech Tech is in the film. Sure Optimus has BFG but we have no confirmation other than the fact that it's on toys. Can someone provide evidence that it is in the film? All I know is that Stealth force is in it.

2. megatron66

megatron66 OD'd on candy

You do have a point.I don't know why. I just say that Prime's BFG looks like a mechtech weapon...

3. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I don't think it's so much that people think that specifically "Mech-tech" as a thing, (Like characters will actually refer to it as that.) will be in the film, so much as just the visual concept of big transforming weapons, and guns on alt-modes.

4. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Look at the pics of Prime's gun from the toy and then look at the trailer. It's the exact same... I'm just pointing that out, don't know if it constitutes being "official MechTech" though.

Think about it this way: they didn't use Automorph by name in the movie, but there was a whole heck of a lot of it going on. :lol 

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Agreed.

Mech Tech is obviously based on the newweaopns they have. (A few rumours suggest Sentinel brings them new guns) They don't call transforming "Auto-Morph" in the first movie, do they? Or simple movements "Mech Alive."

6. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    I honestly doubt that it won't be in the film considering that bb is rolling around half tf'd with weapons deployed ala Speedstars and shit. I actually think it's rather silly to assume that it's not going to be in the film - this isn't G1 anymore.

also, I'm sure and almost guarantee that we won't hear the term in the movie so much as it's just there. New weapons for everyone, raise your glass and lets kick some ass! Yay!

OH, lookit tha kitty! >>>>>>>>>

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  7. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Maybe it's the same concept as the word "trailer"... it's not a trailer, but people are calling it a trailer.

8. Shizuka

News Credits:
    what would you call it then? A TV spot? A TV spot is basically a small trailer.

9. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

i just dont get why people are freaking out because the DOTM toys might have screen accurate guns

10. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Because the proportions aren't accurate and the toy is a lot smaller because of all the plastic used in the guns. I think most people would rather have an accurate robot in a Transformers movie instead of worrying about the guns in a franchise about robots.

11. Shizuka

News Credits:
    I always thought that these pre-released figures were most likely accurate to the current on-screen appearance. No-one can say it's inaccurate if they haven't seen the character.

12. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I think they are getting Stealth Force and Mech Tech confused. Stealth Force is DEFINITELY there, but the concept of big, transforming guns has been there since the beginning, and Mech Tech is just bringing it to the toys more prominently.

13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I would call it a commercial, or spot. The word "trailer" is used for a preview shown in a theater. It may be common practice to call a commercial a trailer, but that doesn't make it any less incorrect.

14. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

That tv spot surprised me since I didn't check tfw that day. I think primes gun looked bigger so idk looked like the mechtech. And bumblebee with the gun popping out like that. Seems they added it to the toys because of the movie.

15. nerovolpi

nerovolpi Actively Lurking

bumblebee going clackity-clack half-transforming and revealing a big gun, while in vehicle mode and speeding through the road >>>> Mech-Tech. Obviously Mech-Tech.

and did anybody forgot the wreckers?

16. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    a tv spot is 30 seconds and is that a TV spot to promote a film.
    a trailer is a 1:00 - 3:00 or longer trailer of film used to promote a film and give the general idea of what the film is about.

Mech tech is in thefilm. Just may not be called mech tech. Where do i get this? hmmm i dunnno seeing the wreckers for one, the giant ass gun sword and jet pack on prime and o ya seeing bee shift his car and pop out weapons.

17. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    The vehicles splitting apart and smaller weapons appearing is Stealth Force (the toyline inspired Bay to do this, says Hasbro), the big cannons (coming out of Bumblebee, held by Prime) resemble what the toyline refers to as "Mechtech". It won't be referred to as such in the movie, obviously.

18. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Ugh...

Obviously, they can't produce mainline transforming toys which can switch between altmode, robotmode and mech tech mode - as seen in newest trailer - so, that's why they make a seperate toyline named stealthforce.

Thus, the Mech Tech toy weapons are a mere reference to the inbetween mode as it appears in the movie.