Why do I want Masterpiece Thundercracker?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by aledromo, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Because he's awesome? Because he completes the seekers? Because the seekers would be incomplete without him? Why do I want Green-Scream as well as the other two Screams? I see Green-Scream as a different character. I don't see them as repaints of the same mold, I see them as different characters.
    I too want Thundercracker.

2. Gen. Hospital

Gen. Hospital Well-Known Member

Because blue, obviously.

I'm serious, if you haven't handled one, you have no idea how blue it is.

3. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    i feel the same way :( 

4. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Because you might not care about the stupid QC defects? Because all of them come with reversed chest engines that look stupid in robot mode and make transformation from jet mode more difficult? Colourscheme is too boring compared to Skywarp?

I'm all for the seekers as a group, and Thundercracker is my favourite character of the three, but I sent back the takara version the same day I got it because of all these issues. A hasbro version? I'll have to see how it fares...

5. simplygriff

simplygriff Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    HAHAHA... You're mean. :lol 
    -G

6. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Cause you gotta catch em all.
    [​IMG]

7. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

It's funny. I was totally fine with just the one seeker when it was Starscream. But the issue appears to be that you can't have Skywarp without developing Thundercrackeritis. It might just be that two demands three, but with Hasbro's attitude toward the Blue Guy, we'll never have any data to check.

Now what's this about "reversed engines?"

8. lilgreenlude93

lilgreenlude93 Well-Known Member

Do it....
    [​IMG]

9. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    I would be willing to buy the takara version. But he has that shinny paint, and my other mps are the flatter hasbro versions, so im a little afraid they wont match up right. Im really keeping my fingers crossed for a hasbro release

10. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I'll only buy a MP Thundercracker. if hasbro releases it for a cheap price at walmart.

11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't actually like buying Starscream clones in general. That's why I haven't bitten on MP Skywarp (of course it also is because I only ever saw him at full price). However, I really like Thundercracker's personality in the IDW comics (really his bio attitude that was never reflected in the toon). So if I ever see him in America, I'll probably bite.

Listen to me. I don't even have an MP Starscream. Can't even FIND a Grimlock. I'm a sad soul.

12. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey! Coincidentally, I was acutally going to set up the three MP seekers in my Detolf tomorrow! (my SS + coronation kit is going at the front, though)

Thundercracker is my favorite, so my vote is to NOT not buy him. You NEED all three...plus the Starscream Coronation Kit!

13. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I agree.
    But not about the Coronation Kit!
    :lol 

14. UKBrawn

UKBrawn Intergalactic Tin Opener

You have to get Thundercracker as he has the best paintjob, funky stickers and the "sat on a pineapple" alternative face sculpt!

15. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    IMO it is by far the best paintscheme on any of the seekers. I still don't have Greenscream or Ghost (will have one by the end of the month), but you need em all. You can always gamble on waiting for a possible US release, but he is great.

To play the other side, it could be a slippery slope. Sure you have all three of the seekers if you get him, but now you need the other version of Starscream, Starscream's Ghost, and the other version of Skywarp. It may never end if you get him.

I would still get him.

16. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    For those of you who aren't happy with the price or the possibility of spotty QC, it's really not that hard, or expensive, to repaint a Thundercracker. Yeah, the faces are different... but one only slightly, and the other one just looks ridiculous.

...and ignores Rodimus? New movie next year, 25th anniversary of the original movie, i just have my doubts that Hsabro will be pushing an MP Thundercracker next year.

Maybe 2012? But that's baseless speculation.

17. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    ... Because you can never have too many Seekers.

[​IMG]

I have a few more than this (I think I have a total of 14!)... I dont know what it is about this design, but it just works for me in almost every way. I even like the hip kibble over the leg attachment.

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think so:

We may not see TC for just a little while, but running TC as an exclusive to even Wal*mart can be a profitable venture for Hasbro as it's another run of that MP Seeker mold. I think we'll probably get one, but I'm not . . . .

. . . . certain. Basically, it's more of a speculation than a certainty for me. The only things I'll say for certain are those that Hasbro and TakaraTOMY have explicitly said they are releasing in some venue or another.

If TC's production is dependent upon MP Grimmy's success/failure, I think we can rest assured that scalpers will ensure TC's release :lol 

QFT. With the average price of a MP SW being roughly $30, one could even buy the paint and put in the customizing work for a bit less. Also, you'd be ensuring that you're not at the mercy of what a factory gives you ("I wished they hadn't used X or Y on this thing! ARGH!"). Radicons FTW! :thumb 

19. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Anyone got any pics of the alternate faces? I'm curious.

And actually, looking at some of the pictures, I'm not sold on the Takara paint scheme. Especially in jet mode. As a jet, Greenscream looks more Thundercrackery. I may hold out just for the chance to get more of a G1 paintjob.

20. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Strictly speaking, the stripes on the wings aren't accurate to the original toy either.

[​IMG]