Why do I have a feeling DOTM toy line will end this winter?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I have this strange feeling that the dark of the moon toy line will end during winter or christmas time. Becuase there is not much left to announce and Prime toys will start this December. So I'm saying once Wheejack, Leadfoot, Mirage etc. come out they will end Transformers DOTM toy line and begin the next toy line.

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I could see them continuing the style of movie figures in a subline similar to HFTD or NEST.

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Maybe. However, most movie lines have a "sub-line", with repaints, some new, non-movie character molds, homages, etc. I don't know just how much Prime will effect Hasbro's money-printing movie franchise plans.

4. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

Offscreen characters, my friend.

5. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    nope...they will ride this bitch until next summer easily...they can do repaints of all the molds...off screen characters as walmart/tru or target exclusives like the last 2 movies have had...i would be surprised of the DOTM line ended before the next GI JOE movie hits...which is supposed to be this time next summer/fall.

I doubt the movie line will end sooner than that unless TF:p rime makes a huge hit on toy sales which i don't really see it beating movie line sales...

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    You're flat out wrong. The TF1 and ROTF lines lasted well into the spring of the following year, and this will be no different.

7. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...while they're at it they can release the vortex redeco stateside... >_>

Call me cheap but I still can't warrant paying 40+$ for him.

Also TF: Prime toys aren't out til the fall/winter no?

8. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    The mainline movie line will end soon. But the spin offs havn't even begun yet. I.E. Allspark Power, Nest, Premium, HFTD, RTS... etc

9. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    :stick: 

10. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

hopefully HA line offscreen characters.

11. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:

Sorry Cindersaur but I think your way off about when it will end,as I think we've seen 90% of the new molds their gonna do,pretty much the rest are gonna be repaints/remolds.And I sure as he## ain't buying anymore movie repaints unless they ROCK. One last thing is that here in NE Texas the pegs are so stuffed with Bumblebee's and Optimus Primes it'll take years for them to clear out,simply cause people aren't buying them anymore due to lack of money.

12. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

I have a feeling the line will continue until they milk it dry and can't get any more retailers to buy any more of the product.

Which is to say, a year, maybe two years. We had RotF toys from just before it was released until now, for about a two year run. Why would this be different?

13. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

How could they possibly do a sub-line like HFTD? This movie really didn't leave any wiggle room for Hasbro, story-wise. I could see this line ending quicker than either of the previous movies'.

14. jasonmako

jasonmako Voyager

News Credits:
    ^^^Agreed^^^
    whats in the stores - wave 1 & 2 - just arn't selling out... Especially the leaders.

15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Nah, it will last well into 2012 - Regardless of if anyone really wants it to or not.

I'm not so bothered if they actually make things I want to buy like a Voyager Bonecrusher or the more interesting of the background robots from 2009 & 2011 - Such as Scrapper.

And considering their Bumblebee fetish it wouldn't hurt for them to make a decent 1970's Bumblebee Deluxe either. If they just shove out repaints without even changing the heads - all I can say they better be repaints that fix production flaws the original have and in decent or interesting colours (Rally deco's like Side Arms Sideswipe got are great for example).

I'd happily buy a DC Cop car deco Barricade, or a Red or Blue coloured HFTD Ironhide for example - but another half dozen yellow Bumblebee's would just make me roll my eyes (what about another Concept Camero Cliffjumper already).

Generally speaking though I'd rather they downplayed the Movie line earlier than the did with the 2009-2010 lines - as lets be honest it will be all over in peoples mind not long after the Movie comes out on DVD.. and Toy retailers have repeatedly shown that they don't like selling toys related to Movies more than a few months past the Movies disappearance... even if personally I'd have much preferred the Iron Man 2 figures to have had longer legs than it did.

If they release good stuff I'll support them, if they try to shamelessly milk it on the cheap then I will be doing a 'What you talking 'bout Willis' face at them.

I'd rather they don't allow to much development time to be spent on Movie stuff if the ideas are lacking a bt I'd rather they spent that time money and effort on Generation or Prime toys. Such as making bigger sizes for those lines.

I hope they will perhaps one day see the worth in coming up with a concept that they can sell to places like Target where they make new Mould Ultras but perhaps flour them up with a packed in Scout new or repaint or something else so the retailers think they are getting something worth having and then we can have a better attempt at characters like Movie Megatron or TF Prime Optimus in a nice size.

For example why not make an Ultra Movie Megs and then include a Legends class Scalpel or sell Ultra's and sell each one with a "Collect them all" Kitchen Crew or Build a figure (say like the Driller).

16. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I feel like DOTM has a lot less characters from the film to make figures of than ROTF did

17. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    It will NOT end without a Leader Megatron. Will. Not.

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    And a repaint of Leader Sentinel Prime.

19. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    They might even stuff a repaint of Leader Starscream somewhere.

GO LEADER SKYWARP

20. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Uh..the line JUST started dude.