why do certain TCC TF club members get their magazine 3+weeks before others

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I noticed last week on wednesday 09/22/2010. that a bunch of TCC club members received their issue#35 magazine thru the post office mail.

What i'm wondering if why certain TCC club members get their magazine 3+ weeks before everyone else.

I literally waited 5 weeks to receive my TCC club issue #34. while others got their issue #34 5+weeks before I got mine. I've been a TCC TF club member for almost 3 years & haven't changed my address.

I realize that there are 2 different tcc club TF magazine subscriptions. (1) pay $60 to receive your magazine sent faster priority 2-3 days thru the post office (2) pay $40 to receive your magazine sent slower using 5-7 days priority mail services.

basically those who pay $40 for their TCC TF magazine SHOULD receive the magazine 4 days after those who paid $40.

It doesn't take 3+weeks for a letter to be sent to a person using the post office. heck it doesn't even take 2+weeks for a package to be shipped to a person.

So,why are certain TCC members getting the magazine sent to them 3+weeks before everyone else????????

I called the TCC TF fan club phone number. the customer service women named "Cathy" confirmed that all TCC magazines get sent out the same day. the $40 or $60 fee a member pays is for quicker or slower post office shipping service. like priority or parcel post.

HONESTLY,the only logical explanation I can come up with is as follows: funpub sends out advanced copies of the magazine to certain TF fans.

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Because TFCC likes those people. They don't like you. They told me on twitter. F'realz.

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's no Priority Mail service on the club magazines. The two subscription levels use either First Class Mail (IE, what you're using when you send a letter with a current stamp), or Third Class Mail (bulk rate). This is bulk mail, the same service used by the companies that send you junk mail and advertisement/coupon mailings.

First class mail is put through the system by default. It gets processed at the facility as early as possible and goes out on the next plane or truck that will take it towards the destination. Generally a first class mail item will arrive within 2-5 days anywhere in the US.

Third class mail goes out "whenever possible". It has a low status, and only gets moved along in the system to the next stop en route to you when there's room left in the plane or truck for it. It also gets processed last at each facility it passes through. As a result, third class mail will arrive whenever it gets around to it. That might be three days, a week, or a month from when it was mailed.

As such, it doesn't matter that all the magazines are sent out on one day, they will, and do, arrive at wildly different times.

4. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    i have not recieved mine yet...who knows they are prolly on here seeing who bad mouth them?

5. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

For the record,the first year I joined the TCC TF fan club,I paid $60 for the first class service. needless to say dozens of TCC TF club members still got their club magazine one to two weeks before I got my magazine issue. when I paid $60,I got my club magazine the earliest on the 7th of the starting month. the latest the 10th of the starting month. there were more late than early deliveries. I never got my club mazine a few days/week before the month started,like dozens TCC members that got issue 34 & issue 35 this year.

That's the main reason I decided to cancel the $60 & pay $40 the following 2nd & 3rd membership years.

6. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Proximity

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    I still have to admit that I'm flummoxed by the fact that people actually feel like they need the magazine when they've got TFW.

8. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where do you live? people living near/in the same city are gonna get the fast, if you live far away/ another country then you gotta wait.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I have yet to get mine, even though my punch figure arrived via fedex in like 2 days. They are in TX and I am in PA on the NJ border.

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    TFW doesn't have comics!

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Also, you don't get a free limited edition figure with TFW.

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    I said "the magazine." Not "the club." We're talking a, what, 20-30 page glossy showing pictures of Transformers toys that you'll get to see when Hasbro releases press release pics of them to TFW anyway?

Also, I dunno...any urge I have to see TF comics are usually satiated by those awesome one-shots that folks post in the fanfic section. Maybe I'm just not a true fan. :redface2: 

13. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I get plenty from the "club" for my $40, but if you want to limit the scope to the magazine specifically, well I guess I don't get a lot out of just the magazine, and I'm not watching my mailbox for it constantly or concerned with when it arrives, but it is nice to have a printed *something*.

I loved the pack-in catalogs as a kid, so maybe it's just a bit of nostalgia for that aspect of the 1980s vs. the 2000s

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Bingo. I didn't rejoin the club last year largely because I was fed up with getting my magazines anything up to a month and a half after US members. I'd already seen anything new of interest online long befrore it arrived.

15. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is why I do a third class subscription now. Even for us US members a first class subscription isn't worth it.

FP should just post the PDF version in the members only section each month and be done with mailings all together. I dare say the magazine isn't even the main attraction for most members.

16. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Well the magazine is $50 for non-members. :p  So all of the club benefits still apply as good reasons to get it if you're club member.

17. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I live in america on the east coast.

18. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I just realized something earlier today.

The TCC TF fan club/fun pub. use to send out 12 news papers per year. 6 out of 12 of those newspapers had a TF club magazine inside it.

So obviously the TCC TF club is saving money by not shipping out that news paper 12 times per year to club members.

where did all the savings from not using the newspaper go towards????

At the very least the TCC TF club could have offered first class mail service to those who pay $40. instead of the super slow bulk mail service they use for those who pay $40

19. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

You're talking about the old fan club. The rebooted club started with the current format and the exclusive figures. So that would be where the savings went.

20. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, in THEORY, the difference in cost is going into MCAX.com, where you will be able to get free auction listings as a member.

In reality, MCAX.com is nothing but a pipe dream, so far. Will it ever happen? We'll see, but they're going to face stiff competition on that. TFieds has been up for years doing exactly the same thing, and Crave is about to come online as a new avenue for collectors to find what they want and sellers to find people looking for their products.

And I'm sorry, but I really have little faith in whoever is building their (Master Colecotr's) sites in general. They don't impress me as a skilled web coder in the necessary areas. I don't know, maybe the fundementals are sound, and it's just the design and aesthetics side of things they're lacking in, but still.

No, he's talking about the current club. It was originally 12 issues of Master Collector, essentially a collectors-only classifieds rag, with the fan club magazine inserted in the middle of every other issue (GI or Transformers, whichever you were subscribed to). They ditched the Master Collector newsprint part when they announced it would be replaced by MCAX.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010