Why do all the heads in TFM have to be UGLY?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dinobot Snarl, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

This is what really kills it for me, most of the faces look like trash, why does it have to be this way? I wish some Japanese guys did the designs, because apparently we Americans feel it necessary to develop the ugliest mecha designs ever!

2. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    *Umbrella*

I smell a shitstorm...

3. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Have you by chance looked at the head in your avatar?

4. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Blabla Japanese are better blabla.

Personally I like the heads. There's alot of variation between bots and alot of stuff we hadn't seen before in the old designs.

I'm pretty sure being Japanese or not has nothing to do with making a good design.

5. Dinobot Snarl

it has two eyes a nose and a discernible lip. It can be distinguished from a pile of razer blades at the bottom of a trash compactor...unlike certain robots in the transformers movie....[snicker]

6. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Tickets...check...
    Gone to the restroom...check...
    Center row seat...check...

Ok I'm ready...:popcorn 

7. Dinobot Snarl

I should be more clear, very rarely while viewing a Japanese production involving robots has the word hideous or ugly slammed into my head. Now I may not be the most worldly person, but I have not seen a major production by an Australian, Canadian, Russian, etc that involved heavy use of mecha. Thus, I would prefer the Japanese designs. No offense to other countries intended.

BTW ratchets face is a perfect example... (if I may pour gasoline on the raging fire)

8. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    Every bot except Blackout, Bonecrusher, and Frenzy has what you just demanded. I'm sorry your eyesight isn't good enough to distinguish them.

9. Dinobot Snarl

because they're hidden under piles of bent twisted metal and razer blades, they all look like a robotic Oscar the Grouch that just sprang from industrial trash heaps. "Whoooh, that was a good one"

But seriously,
    I joking now, but I was hoping for a real discussion on the aesthetics of their faces. We are to believe that they're many types of transformers....will there be some that are smoother in the face?

10. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Ugly to you maybe. I think the heads look awesome. Funny we fans can accept 10 different cartoon series that all look different, but people always wanna bitch about the movie instead of being glad we got one.

Deep down, everyone loved the movie and just wants to see more robot action. But since all we've got is one 144 min movie that had to establish an entire world, characters and 2 differing alien species, people are let down that there isn't more Bot action. So we've got to wait for the inevitable next 2 films.

I swear it's like instead of enjoying TF's some people have made bashing the movie into their 'real' hobby.

25 years after they came out they get a badass movie with Prime chopping off heads and whooping ass. The movie brought in a FLOOD of new and old fans, basically guaranteeing the future of the franchise. Because of the new movie we've got a ton of new toys, new toy lines, Hasbro has a ton of extra money that they seem to be using to develop even more awesome new shit, and still people just want to bitch.

"ew, Prime has flames." So hugging what? He's also been a damn Gorilla and a Firetruck. We got a red and blue badass looking robot who Transformed into a semi truck and even had his mouthplate. Even at a glance most people who grew up in the 80's KNEW that that was Optimus Prime.

I just really can never understand the hatred for a film that's brought us so much.

None of us could have directed that movie and made it cool. It would have been stupid blocky robots fighting for 90 minutes straight and noone would've cared except diehard Transformers fans. Because there would be no story.

Bay and Spielberg took a mute character (Bumblebee) and made people actually care about him. A million kids now think Bumblebee and Optimus Prime are just the coolest friggin things they've ever seen.

All this movie did was help the franchise, help the old fans, give a HUGE nod to the original G1 series, and bring in millions and millions of new fans.

But no wait, you're right, somehow that's a bad thing because Primes eyelids freak you out.

(*jeez the whining gets old, I usually keep my mouth shut about this topic, but damn....*)

11. Dinobot Snarl

- I have a question... Have you played the new Bionic Commando remake, because it was spectacular I'm not talking about the Xbox version with amazing graphics; I'm talking about the side scroller remake "reloaded." It was perfect, because it was made by fans. I wish we had that much power here, what I mean is if we had one game or one movie made by fans, who respect every ounce of the rules to the transformers universe like the guys who made "reloaded" no one would complain. If they came out with a separate series like whats being done for Gijoe, no one would comlain. Instead for those of who barely liked TFM, we have 2 years of ugly toys, no wait they'll atleast continue to do animated thank goodness!

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    A smoother (aka liquid metal face) would look ridiculous in a movie that strives for a degree of believeability/realism. Remember Robin William's "Bicentennial Man"? Now imagine him 25 feet high *shudder*

13. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A lot of people have had similar gripes since last year, but it ain't changin

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    As with most movie bitching, it behooves you to just get over it and quit caring, since it ain't gonna change no matter how red in the face you get from complaining.

It is what it is, making yourself angry isn't going to help.

15. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Fwiff, I think that he means he would prefer to have more traditional Transformer faces that are more the standard rather then something that feels unrelated, such as Starscream's head not resembling anything to past incarnations. And let's face it, the standard facial structure for a typical Cybertronian is nothing more than a human-like face that's built from metals, rubber, glass, fiber-optics, and the like.

The Autobots generally fared better with this and I would say that Jazz was arguably the closest to what one would have expected having had prior exposure to the character.

Really, as others have stated, the movie aesthetic is NOT going to change, so it's best to just learn yourself a 3D modeling package and attempt to make a Transformers character on your own. At least, that's what I'd do.

16. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    They're aliens.

Not humans in metal suits.

17. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

I can agree with both sides here, the movie designs were a mixed bag. Of Course isnt every iteration of a TF universe???

18. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movie head designs are awesome. There really is nothing more to it. End of.

19. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

paint your face silver and put a box around your head.

See how stupid that looks? That's why they didn't make them look like the old toys for the movie.

Considering they look like they were actually made from metal vehicle parts (*excluding Megatrons and Starscreams teeth) I think they did an amazing job on the movie.

The only one thing that ever bugs me about the movie over and over is Jazz just sitting there in the street while Bumblebee crawls around moaning with his legs blown off, and Sam having to tell Jazz to move back.

I understand they probably couldn't afford any more CGI stuff then what they had, but then I wish Jazz wasn't in that shot at all, because it made him look completely unconcerned. Which makes me dislike him.

Then I see him jump on the tank and yank the gunturrent around like Kup did in the animated movie, and I'm all a geeky G1 fanboy again.

20. Sideways

Sideways Banned

I call the seat next to defstar..