Why Didn't They Use THIS Truck??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by crazyheaddave, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

A long nose truck or a short nose truck...as long as it transforms and has a Prime head, that's fine for me.

2. alxm

alxm Member

Either one is cool with me to. This was just my preference and my opinion. Just the fact that they are making a live action Transformer's film has got me smiling. :thumb 

3. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Reality check????

Iam telling you how this movie is prolly going to be......your just not listening to reason.
    (-_-)

I said "real life term's" Which mean's making it look pheasable for a normal vehicle to turn into a robot.

And yes I did say not to apheliate with hollywood because people seem to bash on them whenever a big project is underway......like I said this is a 140 mill movie it's going to be good. The only posibble way this movie couldnt be good is if a fan is so ego-centric over prime "being a flatnose", or "having flame's being lame"

Those are the people that love to gossip, and cause trouble. Personally I dont really care if he is a flatnose or not....but when the moment present's itself I stick to what is going to happen and not what people want to here.

So take it or leave it :D 

4. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

While I have no doubts this will be a wonderful film (IMO), Omega you really cannot tell someone that the film WILL be good based on the fact they spent XXX$ of money on it..... The amount of time, and money spent on a film means exactly jack when it comes to the eventual quality and/or appeal of said film....

5. pdevin87

pdevin87 Member

that's a good point, but I have to say, you'd think a TF movie would get 200 mil at least. yo.

6. OmegaVPrimus

Hmmmm, I guess they doughted bay (-_-), I mean 200 mill would have been nice....I dont know what they would have spent it on, but.......

Oh well, I know this movie is going to be good, we have an almost confirmed pic of OP, he look's pretty good, and the detail's look like he did transform from a truck!

Know we have learned afew spoiler's a couple of scene's and a couple of vehicle pic's, I think thi could be a really good action flick!!!

I hope DieHard doesnt whoop it when it comes out.......

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I got one word for you... Waterworld.

8. OmegaVPrimus

Hmmmm, waterworld........Well, you gave me 2 word's???

What do I make of them???? Or what's your opinion (-_-)..

I dunno Iam just giveing it the thought that this is micheal bay...+140mill

$500,000 robot's each about 35-40 ft. tall......plus a great crew and writer......

but I coulda chooen someone else than shiala....of course he has some gut's for doing most of the stunt's..

Well to me pearl-harbour was as close as your going to get unless your 80 year' old wartime veteran!!!!!!!!

So I think it is good based on his ability to re-create things.

I mean.....micheal isnt stupid. He know's what the fan's and general auidiance's want.

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    (-_-) <--- is getting old. Dude, you really need a new smilie.

The pointless negativity some held towards this movie used to bug me, but now I find that the clueless optimism based on factors that will likely have nothing to do with the end result is bothering me even more.

10. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Actually the problem was related to storytelling, not aesthetics.

First, having Peter design web fluid and a shooter creates more story elements that must be added and filmed. Organic webs streamlined the story considerably.

There were logical problems here as well. If Peter Parker was smart enough, as a high school student, to develop web fluid, there is no reason why he should be a cash-strapped photographer. He would be going to school on a full scholarship, if not already set up in some lab at 3M. The web shooters themselves would have been a phenomenal non-lethal weapon for police and military use, and probably a great aid to rescue workers, allowing Peter to do more good with his inventions than he would expect to do as Spider-Man.

The main objection to this change were fears that it downplayed PP's intelligence and ingenuity (I think they got the point across anyway). Raimi initially strove for a compromise - the web fluid is organic, but Peter had to build shooters to properly aim them. The shooters were built, and I believe the scenes filmed, but finally removed from the film.

Here's a pic of what the shooters looked like:

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/733/webshooter1kl.jpg

11. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Waterworld IS one word. Note the lack of a space.

As for Michael Bay knowing what the audience wants... How well did The Island do?

With Pearl Harbor, the problem I and many others had was the preposterous storytelling, not the effects and actions. Most TFans are concerned with the movie being GOOD, not how well done the actions scenes are.

12. RHansen

RHansen Veteran

News Credits:
    grow up you guys, this isn't the fuzzy

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Y'know, I was actually posting like that to prove a point in a humorous way to another poster, but hey - you're the mod. If we're not grown up, we're not grown up. My sincerest apologies.

14. OmegaVPrimus

Hmmmm, well I see....storyline's are important, but really all this movie is going to be is a summer action flick, I mean if he did this in the winter....and such and had love scene's, some would watch because being warm and inside from the cold, give's that love sensation so.....

the whole lovedove's with shiala and such wont really mean much to most because of the eye-candy the TF's will have to offer.

But Iam not to concerned on how well he did on a movie that outdate's me and all I have seen of the movie is at Universal Studios

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Simply keeping the old fresh.

16. leadsled

leadsled the word is "Mortifying"

i was aware of that site...which is where i got that pic actually....

if you have megs as a full on tank it would look like prime was up against a giant...they have to be the same size...that truck just dosnt cut it

now dont get me wrong here...im leaning more towards a cabover simply because i love the G1 prime...however for this movie and for the situations hes up against it dosnt make sence to do it that way