Why Didn't They Use THIS Truck??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by crazyheaddave, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Oy vey:rolleyes2 

NO ONE EVER said that

You're just over embelishing what has been said before.

What has been said and Di Bonventura also said so in an interview.That somethings don't translate well into live action.And since we don't even know what the movie's like it could be closer then we think.

And let's not bring up the truck argument again as that really :horse: 

For all we know that's simply the Truck that Prime scans for his alt mode.I mean in MTMTE pt.1 the original truck scanned the cab was orange.

And to the original poster,that's simply a long nose truck with a different paint job.

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Change is good people... change is good. And personally, I do like the truck that we're supposedly getting. Sure, he seems more blue than red in truck mode, but LR Prime was black with red flames in truck mode and you don't even see any black in his robot mode. They can design these guys to TF anyways they want... he will most likely still end up having red & blue in his overall design in robot mode. Hopefully, he does end up with a more intricate TF than LR Optimus...

3. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Personally, I've never heard anyone of any authority on this movie or at Hasbro even MAKE those claims. Link me the posts where they did, please.

That said, that design of the semi in the OP looks like crap.

4. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Ock's outfit has changed many times over the years, and I do recall him with a coat or jacket several times. The big change was to his tentacles, which remained the same through most of his 40 year history. While I think the round, little fingered look may have worked, the film design worked much better, and with the odd triangular tentacles I could easily visualize a trinary cable/muscle system moving them.

5. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

He's refering to what people have "supposedly" said on the boards.Not to what's been said by Hasbro or movie officials

6. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

I like the movie truck better than this one. Reason? The movie truck is edgy, big and I just happen to think it looks badass (bar the paint job). This one has cute, soft curves and reminds me of the kind of red sports car a Don Juan type would use to pick up girls with. It does not scream "Battlehardened Badass Autobot Leader" to me.

The only thing this truck has going for it is the colour scheme and that could easily have been applied to movie truck Optimus.

7. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm really worried about how the movie truck will work onscreen. It's not so much the long nose or paint, but the stainless steel windshield visor and "redneck bling" look. I'm sorry, but the needlessly shiny bits just look tacky as hell...even if the parts do serve legitimate real-life functions. Maybe they're going for the "Larry the Cable Guy is too intelectual fer us" moviegoer. In this, I'd prefer the truck crazyheaddave presented. The only saving grace so far is having Cullen voicing him.

I'd still prefer an Alt mode similar to G1, but with a transformation based on Masterpiece Prime. No waist twisting, maybe eliminate the 2-grill aspect of the transformation, but keep him bulky and strong looking.

Hell, I do support the idea of having "smoother curvy" looking alt-modes for the Autobots. But for the bot modes, keep it simple, blocky and utilitarian. I know...it appears we may be getting skeletal TFs, but I can still dream, can't I? Maybe the TFs will all get reformatted for TF2...after their skeletal versions are too easily damaged in this movie? ;) 

8. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

The organic web shooter idea came from James Cameron when he made the initial treatment in the 80s/90s no props were even created yet, When Spiderman got green lit Raimi decided to keep the organic webs part of the original treatment it had nothing to do with corny looking props.

9. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Yeah aside from the stupid paint scheme they used I have no prblem with the truck they are using

10. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Hamburgers eating people = good

I've changed my mind. The movie is not G1

It's G f'n 2. And I despised the '90s.

11. Cheetatron

"G f'n 2" was the war story g1 could never be so if this movie turns out to be G2/Ultimate G1 flavored than they're doing something right.

12. Brillo

Brillo Member

I'm having trouble visualizing what a peterbuilt truck would look like in robot mode, wasn't there an optimus toy based on a similar truck? I have to admit, I'm a little sceptical of optimus not being a flat front truck, but I understand the height issue. Could this peterbuilt still transform into something that resembles the classic optimus robot?

13. Primaster

Primaster Active Member

You'd probably need to send a letter to the director or somethin

14. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Actually from some of the test CGI that looked like it was from the movie, OP's front end actaully fold's in and the cabin turn's into his arm's.

So much though, yes he will look almost the same as he doe's the flatnose version, the only reason's they went with the peterbilt is to capture OP's presence and height.

He is sorta like an idol in this movie, more than just a leader....that kinda thing.

But other than that you can expect good ole optimus not to have boob's!

15. alxm

alxm Member

There's nothing wrong with this truck. I would actually prefer they use this truck as Optimus because it more closely resembles him and still looks fresh. The truck they are supposedly proposing to use looks outdated compared to this one. And what about this possible version of Optimus squaring off against a tank? This is the movies anything is possible.

If you want to see the original site for this Optimus here it is:

http://www.3dblasphemy.com/OPTIMUS/OPTIMUS.html

It even has a full CGI transformation of him. The clips are at the bottom. AWESOME!

[​IMG]

16. OmegaVPrimus

Well, actually...the make and model of the truck they are using in the movie is brand spanking new (-_-)

Just the title is old.

But to be quite honest if the peterbilt went up against the flatnose.....the flatnose would fall apart.

But listen, the front end of the peterbilt retract's. So it will look like he transformed from a flatnose!

Here is a link of comparison- flatnose= http://www.avonhill.com/thumbnails/truck/Peterbilt_Model362.jpeg
    Long nose= http://www.toprun.ch/truck/08-2005/Peterbilt_379x/images/01_Peterbilt_379x.jpg

17. alxm

alxm Member

I didn't say the truck was outdated, said it LOOKED outdated. :wink:  And I still stick to my guns that I'd prefer this version of Optimus. Like I said in movies, cartoons, comics anything is possible. Optimus could kick ass as this version of the truck back in the day and still could now, it's a movie! Now if this we're real life, I agree with you that if the peterbilt went up against a flatnose.....the flatnose would fall apart. :cool: 

18. OmegaVPrimus

You still dont get it........This movie is based on real life term's......which mean's a flatnose isnt going to cut it........and a flatnose doesnt look outdated???

This isnt being produced by your average joe, boll, or M.Night with a 50mill budget, this a 140 mill Live Action project, done by paramount not to be affileated with hollywood.

Come on, dude get w/ the program.

It's time to move on it's time to give optimus a check up, he is overdue.

So really no flatnose in the movie, the peterbilt is much taller, and it would be easier to hide alot of thing's in the peterbilt than the flat.

The reason why movie director's change thing's around is because it would be lame in the first place to bring a 20 year old robot finally to the screen with the same look after 20 year's.

It just wouldnt make sense, that's why optimus isnt going to be a flatnose.

So sticking to your gunz...........mean's sticking with a rusty prime (-_-) lol

19. Cheetatron

The g1 toy acurate freightliner cgi model is boring. The 379 being used as primes altmode is one of the most refresihing things that is being done by the movie crew.

20. alxm

alxm Member

Real life terms? So a truck transforming into a robot is real life? I think you need the reality check. And from the reception that alot of people would prefer Prime's original look isn't making it sound lame. And "done by paramount not to be affileated with hollywood." This is a studio which is part of Hollywood.