Why Didn't They Use THIS Truck??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by crazyheaddave, Aug 3, 2006.

1. crazyheaddave

crazyheaddave Member

My dad used to work for Averitt Express, a fairly large trucking company in the southeastern region of the United States. And I always used to tell my mom that the guys were driving Optimus Prime. The color scheme is already there for them, everything. [​IMG]

2. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

According to many, if you make this movie too close to G1 then nobody will go see it.

Remember LOTR, Spider Man's web shooters, Wolverine's yellow spandex... all better movies.

So, if you get away from the original mythos and make Prime blue with flames, then people will see and like it. If Prime is red, then the movie will tank.

Personally, I don't buy into that line of reasoning. But I do think that truck would look good.

C

3. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Ummm, well for one test show peterbilts are taller when transformed

This is just a little to sleak to be optimus.

And the movie truck has more red than blue.

Also this truck would just blow if it transformer into optimus, why? because optimus is a big guy, hes rough and tough.

He isnt a pretty little camaro he is a bad-arse hauling peterbilt.

And he will still be as blocky, but will have some huminoid flare to it. :D 

4. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Wow glad you finally figured it out... welcome to 2006

5. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

What welcomes me to 2006? The fact that some people cleave to il-legitimate ideas, or that I don't?

It must be the fact that I don't. That said, I deply appreciate your warm welcome to 2006 at the 2005 Boards here in the month of August.

C

6. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Probably because the 379 is a meaner looking truck.

7. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Well, the Spiderman and Wolverine changes WERE better. Wolverine would have looked like an idiot in spandex at night. And I though Spiderman making webbing in a lab was retarded when I was SEVEN. It was never really mentioend in the 60s version I had seen in reruns, but then the 90s version showed him making it and I instantly thought that it didn't make sense since it was a biological process, so Spiders don't know how to make thier webbing, it just happens. The explanation that he leanred how from the spider bite was always stupid. Hence why I liek the organic webbing, and how Bendis found a midway point for Ultimate Spiderman and made the webbing completely unrelated to the other powers.
    But yes, Prime should be red.

8. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

They CANT keep things exactly like G1 for MANY reasons. More and more people today are very critical of movies because we are used to the new generation of special effects. More so than 20 years ago. Now a days everything has to be realistic looking or most people will call it "cheezy" and mark it as a bad movie.

Here is what would be considered "cheezy" to most current younger generation:

1. The enhancing or reducing of size magically of a part or whole of an object sharing much screen time.

2. The unrealistic sound effects of G1 transformers when people see metal, moving against each other in transormation.

3. A bunch of square blocks moving around the screen. In modern times, people identify more with angles and slender design. Lots of this may be due to the popularity of anime.

Here is what most younger generation will identify with most: (best to use things people identify with as it will up the likeability)

1. Realistic moving parts that somewhat follow the physics of our world. SURE you could explain mass shifting in a sci-fi way, but you would also block out LOTS of people who will think all of that is crap.

2. The common sounds we identify with metal moving on metal or hydraulic motor sounds.

3. Angles, curves and slender design that is common in evertying from popular cartoon characters to modern car design.

4. US Soldiers and WAR.

They have already given an explanation as TO WHY they can't use the square front trucks. Reason given was that given the realistic tranformation (no magically growning or shrinking parts) those trucks will only be 20 feet tall. Now, because they are doing things to scale ... the size of the transformers are NOT determined by their immagination, but the vehicles themselves. You cannot have a 20 foot prime if starscream (because he is a jet ... may be bigger) is 30 foot robot. The leader of the autobots should NOT be one of the smallest transformers ... so they decided to go with the biggest truck they could find.

FURTHERMORE, they said that it will be BASED ON G1. Ive noticed many people on all TF forums seem to confuse the meaning of BASED ON with "Replica of the original". BASED ON means to take the CONCEPTS and the persona of the original ... not make a copy. For example, the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" was a movie BASED ON real events. BUT .... there was NOTHING in real life that was in the movie. They only took the IDEA of what some guy did and thats it. Everything was completely different.

So im glad that most of you TF fans are not making the movie. The goal is to make as much money as possible by drawing in the WIDEST audience as possible so they can ... oh I dont know ... consider making more movies. With the way most people talk about it ... you would make a movie exactly like G1, redoing a concept that has been shot to death in the 80's and "trying it again and hope it will be MORE popular". And yes, the reason why ANYONE makes newer versions of the same concept (beast wars, armada, etc.. ) is to REFRESH the show. REDOING G1 would be a bad idea. For that, get someone else to make another cartoon.

9. Longhaul53

Longhaul53 Guest

I think the reason for not using that Semi was mostly a licensing issue... similar to what happened with Bumblebee, and him not being a VW.

That Semi is pretty sweet though!

10. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

It would have made too much sense to use a red truck.

Spiderman didn't get mechanical webshooters, because they couldn't get them to look right, in live action. Anybody remember the 70s live action Spidey, and his big silver bracelets? Yeah.

The X-men didn't get their brightly colored spandex, because it would have been too cartoony for live action. Sort of like a big flame painted semi.

Most of the recent comic book based movies have changed what needed to be changed for the translation to live action. In Transformers I'm seeing a lot change for the sake of change. I'm still of the opinion that a red truck with silver trim would have looked much better than the bastard offspring of Motormaster and Hotrod that we're getting.

At least this movie should give us better toys, than the last one.

11. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

It doesn't make sense because no one has made that argument. The argument has been that there must be some changes made to fit times and format, and the fact that there are at least 2 separate G1 continuities.

No one has said everything had to be changed, and certainly no one outside the film said Prime should be purple/blue with red flames.

But, as with the films you cited, cosmetic changes do not necessarily mean a bad film.

12. pdevin87

pdevin87 Member

The cartoon was dope, but in a liveaction movie, those designs would look kinda lame, probably. Some guys at my school say the movie will suck if they don't use G1 designs, but I don't think so. As long as they still feel like tf... Just like doctor octopus - he'd look so lame in his skin-tight creen outfit and stupid goggles in a modern movie...

-pd

13. Primal84

Primal84 Well-Known Member

Cuz it would be too easy.:rolleyes2 

14. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

So the circle continues.

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    bah. prime shouldve been monkey in the 1st place.

bah, i say!

16. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I figure they didn't use it so they can make many people's head explode.

17. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

Not according to the pics on the front page.

SB

18. leadsled

leadsled the word is "Mortifying"

it makes scense if you want a big prime...well.with no matter/ size change
    look at this for example

[​IMG]

if your going to have a truck square of against a tank...hed better be beefy enough to take him and on and win

can you honestly say in a fight that this guy with the thin arms and tubby body will take on a tank and win?

uh ahhhh dont think so

19. Junkacon

Junkacon Scrap Metal

Heheh that's awesome, pretty good match.

20. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Prime looks just fine the way he is, save the tacky flames. The truck looks fine, I prefer the original truck look, but don't expect it and I'm open for the changes. They could make him another color other than red and I'd be down, but the flames are retarded.