Why didn't the Fallen...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Fonecrusher, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Why didn't the Fallen kill Optimus when he had the chance? Right after Sam resurrects Optimus the Fallen teleports in and takes the matrix from Prime, who is still severly weakened and dazed, and the Fallen is literally standing atop of him, spear in hand.

If the only thing in the universe that can kill him is a Prime, then why didn't the Fallen kill Optimus just to make sure? Instead he teleports away and gets owned by Optimus less than 10 minutes later...

2. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Sun first, enemies later!

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe sitting on his ass for who knows how long made him a little slow on the uptake too? I don't really know.

4. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    The Fallen's problem was his arrogance drove him to the destruction of MORE then ONE. Why kill the weak Prime, when you'll have killed him AND all of the humans that are his allies in a few minutes?

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    He accidentally activated the 'teleport' function on his operating system instead of the 'coup de grace' function.

6. rycexboi

rycexboi Member

Why take your time to kill prime when you can destory the sun and have all the powers in the universe to take out anyone?

7. newguy

newguy i

ask the writers, oh wait we can't

If he did then the movie would be differnet.

8. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT .......... :) 

It was a badly written movie. OK, Now all of you may continue making up reasons why the Fallen did this or that in defense of this movie.

lol

The Fallen was a completely unneccesary piece to the movie also. He was put in there to "prove" they had some mythology/history behind the Transformers. In all honesty the Fallen concept before the movie was pretty lame and after the movie its just rediculously lame.

Here is another good one. Why if the Fallen can't revive until the last Prime is dead does he not go back into a coma after prime is revived. lol Also how in the hell does that even work to begin with it doesnt even make sense. Transformers are not a mystical race of robots there is no magic here wtf

9. nintendocon

nintendocon Autocon

He probably didnt expect Optimus to merge with Jetfire so seeing him laying there weak and then activating the machine while Optimus was watching was like insult to injury.

10. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

You seem to be forgetting The Fallen was already awake, talking to Megatron and Starscream on their ship prior to Megatron killing Optimus, so Optimus being killed didn't really have anything to do with him reviving. It seemed more like once The Fallen sensed Optimus died, he figured he no longer had any threats given his "only a Prime can kill me" statement, so he went to Earth. And I'm not sure how you can say the Transformers aren't a mystical race when they've got things like Allspark and the Matrix that are both capable of some decidedly mystical feats.

To the original question, Optimus having just been brought back to life was in no condition to put up a fight yet, and I doubt The Fallen could have anticipated Jetfire giving his life and parts so Optimus would be back in fighting condition that quickly (not to mention with the ability to fly). Having the Matrix and the Harvester, The Fallen must have thought nothing was capable of stopping him before he achieved his goal.

11. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Matrix energy.

Duh.

12. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Although he probably thought Prime couldn't do anything,The Fallen may have trusted Megatron to hold off any problems if they arose, hence why Megatron was up there with him.

13. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

maybe he was blind with power! and also he must have subestimated Optimus 'cause he was damaged :p 

14. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I think the audience was expected to conclude that The Fallen must have just assumed that Prime was too weak to pose a threat to him at that point (and indeed he was), so there was no point wasting his time and energy taking out such a feeble foe. How was he to know that Jetfire wud come along and offer his parts to Optimus to recharge him into something uber-powerful? Plus, he was more keen primarily just to get a hold of the Matrix and activate his Sun Harvester, which is what he had waited centuries for, all else was insignificant to that main goal.

Or if you want the real explanation, i don't think the fans could have handled seeing Optimus being killed twice in the same movie. All that build-up to and Optimus's "resurrection" would have been pointless if he were just to die again.

15. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe he thought he killed him after taking out the Matrix... that could explain why he didn't see Prime crawling and say "WTF? Megatron, kill him... AGAIN!"

jD001

16. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Classic villain mistake, that's why. I forget did he monologue at all while standing on him?

17. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I think he said something about 'the matrix now being his' as he grabbed it.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    This was probably his thinking.

Prime (Optimus) was still in visibly rough shape, too. The Fallen had no idea that he and Jetfire would combine and rip his face off.

19. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    He did ask for it first at least :lol 

20. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

sounds right.