Why didn't maximal authority

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by littlebotbrat, Jan 27, 2008.

1. littlebotbrat

littlebotbrat Well-Known Member

Why didn't they hired a hitman or bounty hunter to go after the rogue preds who stole the golden disc? Why did they sent an explorer ship and non combatic one at that?

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Ok good question?

I was never aware that the maximals went after the preds with the golden disk.

Didn't this group of max and preds just happen upon another and they just got lost through the time warp? or am I completely wrong and OPrimal was sent after megs?

I look forward to hearing the answer for even though I grew up on G1 I am a Beast Wars era boy at heart.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

3. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

All Maximal ships (in that area or something) were told to engage Megatron's crew and retrieve the Golden Disk, and they happened to be the closest to'em. And with the time warp and no one knowing where they are...

At least that's what I figured.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The Maximals were in the area, so they were sent to intercept. no one else was close enough. shortly after, before anyone could arrive as backup, they "vanished". I'm sure maximals sent more after them, since that probe did arrive.

5. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

That's what Primal said anyway. They were the closest ship with a transwarp drive, thus they were charged with the immediate task of chasing after Megatron and his Predacons to get the disk back. I'm sure Cybertron would've sent backup, but with the transwarp jump, it was just too difficult to find them.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Spot on. The Axalon was the only ship in range at the time, and when they crashed, they were stranded at an unknown location and time, with no way of contacting home. The probes were supposed to find them and send reinforcements, but the communications array was so shot that it didn't work, leading to the events in the episode "The Probe".

Only reason Depth Charge found his way there was because he'd built his own personal Protoform X tracker. The Predacons of course knew all the time but didn't tell the Maximals that. That's why Ravage and Magmatron got there. Lioconvoy tracked his agent Razorbeast, hence why he arrived.

Essentially, the ship's both must have lost communications in the crash, so neither side could have called in help.

7. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Ever notice that the Enterprise is always the only ship in the area? It's the Federation's flagship, it shouldn't be making solo voyages at all.

8. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

I don't think the Predacons knew from the start. Don't forget the events of Agenda. It was only when the Transwarp wave hit their outpost that they able to trace back the wherabouts of Megatron and co. And of course they kept those findings to themselves and prevented the Maximals from knowing as well.

9. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

That's true. The only reason the Tripredacus Council even knew what timezone and settings for Ravage to match his transwarp cruiser to. The Preds just "accidentally" blew up the Maximal's scanning satellites to prevent detection.

As for DepthCharge, the explanation for X's spark tracing was alright but being a Maximal Elder sanctioned project, you'd think they'd have a method of tracking him.

10. cannabisprime

cannabisprime Well-Known Member

I don't think DepthCharge's second "hunt" for Protoform X was ever a Maximal Elder sanctioned project to begin with; I think it was sanctioned only during the first time he caught him (at least that's what I gather from watching the 3rd season anyways).

11. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

No no, I meant as in the fact that Protoform X was a Maximal Elder sanctioned project. If they replicated the spark, they should have a file on the spark's energy signature on file.

12. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

not completly true...
    the preds left in the Darkseid
    the maxs were closer, and followed the darkseid
    Lazorbeak/Buzzsaw followed the Axalon to attack it
    Tigertron/Airazor followed the axalon for backup

the preds didnt want help... they ended up at thier destination.
    my question is... why was wegatron the only one that new what was on the disc, why didnt cryotec, or the tripred council, or the maxi council (where the disc was held) know the location of earth on the disk?

13. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They may very well have known the Where of Earth from the disc, but that's a lot different from knowing the When of the crash and the conflict. They could have been almost anywhere in the history of the planet, and it would have taken a HUGE stroke of luck to check in on just that brief piece of time when they were there and not miss that short span of a few years on one side or the other. Neither side could use the disc to tell that they had crashed approximately 2.5 million years ago (Primal's flippant remark notwithstanding, he had no way to be sure of the timeframe either, and the rest of the evidence in the show says it was closer to 2.5M years than 4M).

14. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

That's if you take the comic as canon. However, for the people that didn't read the comic, they may choose to stick to the cartoon. It never explains how the Predacons escaped being caught or stealing their Darkside transwarp ship, but I think its better that way to leave it open to the imagination.

The location of Earth was probably something lost in the archives, with the new governments in place, a lot of Cybertronian history was blotted out especially for the Maximals. And not to mention, the disk wasn't only to find Earth, but rather it was encrypted with the access codes to the Ark. The original Megatron must've found the codes and encrypted it while he made his message.

As for the knowledge of the disk, Cryotek is a fan character brought in first by 3H and it was expanded upon by the new video. However, again it depends on which canon you choose to follow. With the cartoon, Primal states that there were 6 criminals in the theft report. Now Megatron may have purely stumbled on the original Megatron's instructions by chance or heard rumours about an encoded message. It is unlikely that many knew because then plenty of Predacons would seek the disk out and the Maximals would've probably destroyed the disk to prevent anything from ever happening.