why didn't he take it

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by dino52, Oct 30, 2011.

1. r6680jc

r6680jc Well-Known Member

This!

2. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When i saw the title i thought dear God not another thread about this (tbread number 32 at my last count)
    Sentinel didnt need it the decepticons only wanted the matrix to revive sentinel
    It actually would have looked suspicious if he took it because its not in his character
    And sentinel made a point about leadimg in A world he no longer knew and i think optomus knew tnisi actually think was suspkcious of sethimg going on so he tested sentinel and that is why prime had the reactiom he did after sentinel destroyed the warehouse its just this look of "i didnt want to be right or i knew it"
    Granted that is only my personal theory and opinion

3. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    /\/\/\ is that in Cybertronian??

4. r6680jc

r6680jc Well-Known Member

Because the matrix of leadership is old school.

5. batmanprime

batmanprime Omega-con

Ebay:
    Sentinal was planning to bring Earth and Cybertron together to use Earth's resources to "fix" his home. He dissappeared before the Allspark or the Solar Harvester were known to be here so he wouldn't have known.
    Now being called the Matrix of Leadership and containing the collective wisdom of the Primes, it's VERY VERY VERY unlikely that it was built as a key for the harvester. More likely, the machine was built to require the matrix as a key to ensure that someone unworthy didn't use it.
    Sentinal, furthermore, was no longer leader of the Autobots, as he knew he'd betrayed their moral ideals so he couldn't lead them.

6. batmanprime

batmanprime Omega-con

Ebay:
    forgot to subscribe

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    actually sentinel already knew of the Star Harvester beign on earth

8. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Because he is old and old robots backstabbers that sound like Spock don't need thingys that were covered by a destroyed machine that was not shown on screen being recovered.

Did this post add depth to the subject? No.:) 

9. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

he thought he was too good for it is why, plus he was probably unworthy

10. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

1. It would have sensed his unnoble goals and rejected him, tipping Optimus off that Sentinel wasn't planning on becoming a stalwart defender of the weak like he expected him to.

2. He purposedly wanted Optimus to feel like he was still in charge, so when everything went to Hell he'd be in emotional turmoil because he'd been fooled so easily, and would be more suseptible to giving into Sentinel.

3. He just didn't want it, since he was planning on making the Autobots a race of warlord slavers, he felt the Matrix represented their old "weak" ways. Seeing as he didn't bat an eye when he ordered Optimus (and the Matrix with him) destroyed, he probably didn't feel it was a critical thing to have.

I mean he was lying about Optimus being in charge since he immediately proclaims himself to be the new leader of the Autobots (consisting solely of himself), so he clearly wasn't humbly rejecting the Matrix like he claimed.

11. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Nope.

If that IS the reason, it's a stupid one. Think about it, you're at the theater watching DOTM for the first time and this scene takes place, but instead Sentinel accepts the Matrix from Optimus... your first thought is "Uh Oh, Sentinel's gonna betray the Autobots later on!!!" Really?? Why? Because Sentinel accepted the gift that Optimus just offered him? That makes no sense whatsoever!

Did you assume Ultra Magnus was about to turn traitor when Prime gave it to him in the '86 film?

12. ArceeMe

ArceeMe =^.^=

I believe he didn't take the Matrix because of the guilt he felt (foreshadowing) for betraying the Autobots. He didnt take the matrix so he wouldn't feel the guilt and wouldn't have to justify killing a fellow Autobot if he had too(and he did..poor Ironhide)Its just a morality thing when it comes to it.
    If your going to betray everything you have believed in, why live in a constant lie? Sentinel didn't want to regret his poor choice in joining the Decipticons. He knew things would turn out bad, and he also knew he would haev a fight on his hands as well, going against the Autobots.

13. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

This, you really got to the point very good, Sentinel Prime is an tragic autobot with much pride and honour. I would really like to see a prequel where Sentinel in his old days showing the decepticons who is boss and do the good things.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That already exists it's called Foundation.

They made prequel comic books though they should make them into motion comics.

15. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Ok thanks for the input, you got me inspired to read that asap.

16. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not to mention he probably thought optimus would eventually side with him, remember he was in it to save his world and species, he never showed any desire to actually be the leader till the very end battle

17. bumblebee41125

bumblebee41125 The Ultimate Dino fan

this. by the way dino52 your signatures to big

18. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

If the Matrix would've rejected SP because of his "evil" plans, why didn't it reject the Fallen when he took it in ROTF??

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    More to that, why was he able to just come in and "yoink" it away seconds after we were told the Matrix must be earned? Didn't think those ghost primes would think their murderer had earned it, given they essentially entombed themselves to keep it away from him.

Oh right, ROTF.

20. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fixed.