Why didn't Grimlock try to take over?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I found out about the UK comics when I saw some at the comic shop. I bought every issue and they were the ones with Unicron trying to use the planet of junk as his new body. I loved Death's Head and killing Shockwave by removing his brain and crushing it. Also one issue with Ultra Magnus and the "Sparkler Mini-bots".

As for the Japanese cartoons... I had no clue til after I was married and online in 1995. Some friends from the Transformers MUSHEs gave me raw Japanese ones to watch...

2. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I have a similar story with the uk comics, as for the Japanese cartoon.....they were easy to find video tapes in China Town in the late 80's.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    US comic Grimlock chilled out after his duel on the moon with Blaster was interrupted by a costly Decepticon ambush. He realized his ambition was not worth the cost to the Autobot cause and went along with the plan to bring Optimus Prime back.

I liked the character much more after he accepted his place as a unit commander. He was very suited for leadership of a combat team, but not really ready for supreme Autobot command.

4. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Also in Dreamwave's War Within, he started his own faction: the Lightening Strike Coalition.

I never liked Grimlock until Furman took over the US comics and made him a great character. Never been a fan of his take on Prowl but noone writes Grimlock and the Dinobots like Furman. His Nightbeat is great too.

5. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    If you go by the cartoon alone, because they were last years toys and were already being pushed to background.

Apart from which Hasbro backpedaled on Prime's death fairly quickly.