why didn’t michael bay give the fans what they wanted?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by super skrull, Jul 23, 2011.

1. super skrull

super skrull BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!!

I heard from someone that the tf fans have been asking for unicron and the dino bots so why didn’t michael bay give the fans what they wanted?

2. Sideways77

Sideways77 its movie time here come the manbabies

News Credits:
    Bay hates the Dinobots and Unicron wouldn't work for a live-action movie.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

He hate Dinobots as do I. 'Prepares for fan rage'

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Because other fans have been asking for NO Unicron and/or Dinobots? Realistically speaking, Unicron would simply not work in the movies due to how big he would need to be, and Dinobots simply don't work when all the Autobots need to be large trucks or really expensive/brand new vehicles.

I say just be happy with what we got and move on.

5. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    The Dinobots & Unicron aren't made by GM/Chevy.

Joking aside, the Dinobots would be absolutely retarded in a live action movie. I love them as TF characters and enjoyed them in the cartoon, but making that work in live action would be near impossible. I have yet to see even ONE fan-made idea that's good in the past 6 years, so no doubt the filmmakers would have had just as hard of a time. Hell, they even needed three movies to finally come up with something "earthly" for Soundwave. And Unicron... far too fantastical for the general audience to get behind. If done right, it would instantly mean the movie would be primarily in space, and that would make people check out. Sam can't have a hot girlfriend in space or run off his witty little ramblings, and more importantly, the US Military wouldn't get a free 2.5 hour long commercial out of it.

6. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Get ready for a bunch of people to tell you that Michael Bay delivered everything a fan could ever want, and is beyond reproach.

7. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    maybe because he like his ideas better than ours.

8. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    The only people's opinions Michael Bay cared about were the ones signing his checks. The people who should have cared about the fans were those people not Bay(ie Hasbro).

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Because what the fans wanted was unfeasible and unreasonable.

10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Because he didn't want to.

11. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    There it is, knew it wouldn't take long. Go on. Whatever else fans wanted must have been wrong. All of us. All unreasonable.

12. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Would have been cool if the dinobots were seekers, but are found in the D-day museum ( in New Orleans) still in ww2 vehicle modes, then they'll be referred to as dinosaurs for other reasons. They'd be like the wreckers were but way older and with as many issues as Jetfire

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Because he gave the fans an Opimus Prime with a fairly close to old school design, voiced by Peter Cullen. I'd say that's a pretty huge fan-service since he could have gotten any big name hollywood star to voice Prime.

But mostly because the movies aren't Geewun. And TF fans mke a tiny percentage of the moviegoing public. And fans can;t agree on anything as it is, I know I sure as HELL didn't want to see Unicron in any of the live action movies.

I'm nowhere near a Bay supporter, but this whole butthurt idea that fans didn't get any say in the movies are beyond retarded. (that's not ment to be directed at the OP, but six years of "why didn't Bay do [insert any premise here] like G1 have done nothing but grate on my nerves.

14. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    This is a good point, and I have been saying since Day One that at the very LEAST, this was done for the fans. There is that if nothing else.

Actually there is mostly that and not much else, but still.

However, there will always be fans that will accept anything, as long as it's in a live action film that is called Transformers, and to say anything bad about those things is heresy.

I am able to weigh the good and the bad. Just stating my opinion.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Part of the reason everything every fan wanted could not be put into the movies is that any movie is going to have limits on both time and budgets. When a franchise has been running as long as Transformers with such a load of characters you can't fit them all in. That would be like attempting to fit every Avenger or every member of the Justice League who had ever been on the teams and all their enemies into just three films.

Another part seems to have been Micheal Bay's ego of every thing has to be exactly his way. Even fans like Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman couldn't get all they wanted in the film because Bay kept saying no to ideas.

Some directors are great at going for what fans were wanting and some directors aren't so good at it.

16. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I think the argument that Unicron couldn't really work has some merit. But the Dinobots? In a movieverse with giant scorpions, pretenders, shockwave's beetlejuice worn thingie, and talking robot turkey vultures; giant robot dinosaurs does not feel out of place.

End of the day, Bay didn't get to them. He didn't get to a lot of characters that people wanted, but oh well.

17. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Hey, you, fan! Stop being unfeasible and unrealistic. You're upsetting the other fans. Stop it!

:D 

18. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because fandom is not this unified, one-voice in 100% agreement that some naive posters here seem to think?

The OP says he heard "fans wanted the Dinobots and Unicron"...well, I'm a fan, and I didn't want either in the Movieverse. Nor do many other people.

Honestly, the naive nature and "Michael Bay hates fandom!!" feelings around here genuinely make me laugh.

19. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    There are about 7-8 distinctive types of TF fans out there (too long to list), but since day one I've been in the group that loved G1, was very accepting & encouraging of making changes & updates for the sake of bringing an outdated cool cartoon into the realm of a live action movie (ie: BB shouldn't be a 1980's VW Beetle, there shouldn't be Dinobots, there shouldn't be Unicron, no mass shifting, etc.), but was ultimately disappointed with how extreme things got and/or were done differently because of Bay's executive final say power in everything.

So in that regard, it's too broad of a generalization to say that the fans didn't get what they wanted. Some did. Some didn't. And some only got part of what they wanted or expected.

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    He did. He gave the millions of fans of ROTF exactly what they wanted, more stuff like ROTF in DOTM, and that's why the two movies are very similar in style, story, and a bunch of other aspects. He did this because those millions of fans of ROTF are a lot larger crowd than the substantially smaller group of die-hard transformers fans clamoring for dinobots and unicron.